It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Internet 'trolls' target priest who allows Muslims to pray in church

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 03:26 AM
link   

Internet 'trolls' target priest who allows Muslims to pray in church

Internet abuse: Rev Isaac Poobalan has received hate messages via the internet.© SWNS Group

A priest who has allowed Muslims to pray in his church has been hit by a barrage of abuse by internet "trolls".

St John's Episcopal Church in Aberdeen became the first church in the UK to share their building with Muslims after Rev Isaac Poobalan saw members of a neighbouring mosque praying outside in the snow because of a lack of space.

Hundred of Muslims now pray in the church's main hall and chapel every week, but the news has not been well received by some Christians, who have taken to the church's Facebook page to blast the decision.

One user said that the church were "sharing Christ's table with Satan" before others another predicted a "flood" of Muslims moving to Aberdeen to convert the church into a mosque and said Mr Poobalan needed to be given the "boot" before it was too late.

Another posted: "I would leave this so called "church". Allah is Satan, and no God. They (the church) have nothing to say about persecuted Christians, but invite Satan in.

"We are dealing with evil people that bow down to Allah and lost their belief in Jesus a long time ago. Allah has no son."

Mr Poobalan said he would not sever his relationship with the nearby Crown Street Mosque.

So whats the thoughts of ATS on this one?

news.stv.tv...
edit on 22-3-2013 by newpopeislast because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 03:34 AM
link   
What is an internet troll? Someone who harrasses others online, id assume.

Anyway, yes its very bad. They should stick their noses out of others business.

Next.......

Who cares plenty of religious folk are phonies and dont really believe what they preach. So I think the preist just sees all religious folk as the " same" and thinks why not invite any tom,dick or harry in.

Since God is one and is the thread that binds both Judaism, Islam and Christianity.

Their prayers are " sort of" similar.
edit on 22-3-2013 by FreedomEntered because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 03:35 AM
link   
reply to post by newpopeislast

What is wrong with two religions who are based on the same older religion accepting/helping each other?
AND:
Anyone condemning people looking out for people either read a different bible than myself, or at the very least a different translation.
edit on 22-3-2013 by randomtangentsrme because: forgot a word/ proof reading

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 03:35 AM
link   
People being upset and trolling are two separate things. It seems these people are upset.

As far as a reaction goes: none.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 04:03 AM
link   
reply to post by newpopeislast

Yea these don't sound like trolls, trolls by definition don't care about whatever it is they are doing, they just want to piss the other person off for lols. On topic, these Christians are retarded, They share the same god why can't they coexist? I can't stand religious people at times.

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 04:06 AM
link   
I wouldn't be surprised if Jews were allowed in there and the Priest received hate. Christians are some of the most ignorant people on the face of this Earth, especially the ones my parents age. 90% of them don't know the slightest thing about their religion and its origins. I was born into the Catholic Church and then personally chose to start visiting a Baptist church. I no longer associate with either, but I have to say that from my point of view the baptists know a lot more about their religion and surrounding religions, they're also more humble and open to others. I have Catholic family members who argue with me about Catholicism being its own religion and not a denomination of Christianity, they also believe the Jews have no commonality to Christianity or the other way around. It's like they never learned where the Old Testament came from. It's sad. These people complaining need to shut up.

The priest is doing the right thing looking out for those people. I would like to believe the God I've put faith in would want it that way, peace and love among each other, if not then once I die let him send me to the "dark" side cause that must be where the sane and caring belong.
edit on 22-3-2013 by FidelityMusic because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 05:08 AM
link   
Just another article pushing "political correctness", the version which deems those who don't preach the Freemasonry "brotherhood of man" as haters and trolls.

He said: "What governed my human response was the Christian teaching 'love your neighbour as yourself' and that was honestly my first thought, 'I have to help them as a neighbour' - quote from the article

Luke  10
“And who is my neighbor?”
But a Samaritan, as he traveled, came where the man was; and when he saw him, he took pity on him. He went to him and bandaged his wounds, pouring on oil and wine. Then he put the man on his own donkey, brought him to an inn and took care of him. The next day he took out two denariie and gave them to the innkeeper. ‘Look after him,’ he said, ‘and when I return, I will reimburse you for any extra expense you may have.’

“Which of these three do you think was a neighbor to the man who fell into the hands of robbers?”

The expert in the law replied, “The one who had mercy on him.”

The one showing mercy - bandaging wounds, pouring on oil and wine. That is the definition of a neighbour, a Christian who does the same as Jesus Christ, preaching the gospel to those who've been robbed of the knowledge of God. This 'priest' does none of those things by opening his congregations doors to Muslims so that they may pray to a pagan idol. This priest, by Jesus Christ's own words, is not being a neighbour.

"Jesus Christ wasn't one who wanted to be liked and I don't expect people to like me or the Church for what we do. We don't go into this blindly, we go into this knowingly and we don't go around trying to please people. - quote from the article

James 4:4
"You adulterous people, don't you know that friendship with the world means enmity against God? Therefore, anyone who chooses to be a friend of the world becomes an enemy of God.

"It was simply a gut feeling to let them in after seeing someone in the cold praying and I believe that prayer is never wrong. There is nothing wrong with making them comfortable." 
"These people have reacted spontaneously, but over time I hope they will change their minds. There is a huge religious cultural gap between the two, and if it takes time for them to be brought together then that's the way it is."
- quotes from the article

"No, but the sacrifices of pagans are offered to demons, not to God, and I do not want you to be participants with demons. You cannot drink the cup of the Lord and the cup of demons too; you cannot have a part in both the Lord’s table and the table of demons. Are we trying to arouse the Lord’s jealousy? Are we stronger than he?

"May my prayer be set before you like incense; may the lifting up of my hands be like the evening sacrifice."

I'm never shocked anymore when those  wolves in sheep's clothing preach the gospel of the world. This priest's words are of the world, and the world, indoctrinated with the same false gospel, thinks that he's a model Christian doing as Jesus did. The world truly today prefers Barabbas. Those who were quoting scripture to him we're trying to bring him into truth, yet the media in its role of indoctrination defines them as trolls and haters. And the fact that the priest sides with the world, and rejects his rebuking by his own congregation and fellow brothers and sisters, is truly indictative of how swayed the crowds are today as in the days of Judea. That "dark knight is rising" because the world has chosen him, an insurrectionist, a murderer and a thief,  instead of the Son of God and His Gospel of the Kingdom of God. The religions of this world are uniting under an entirely false gospel, and if you thought the RCC was horrific in the Middle Ages, Im afraid that you'll see the ramifications of the same again. These people have zero tolerance for the real Jesus Christ, who declared that He is the Way, the Truth and the Life. And the world likes it that way.

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 05:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by FidelityMusic
It's sad. These people complaining need to shut up.

These people "complaining" are doing as Jesus Christ commanded, rebuking.

The priest is doing the right thing looking out for those people. I would like to believe the God I've put faith in would want it that way, peace and love among each other, if not then once I die let him send me to the "dark" side cause that must be where the sane and caring belong.

Then the "god" that you have put your faith in, is entirely false.

Was Cain "sane and caring" when he took Able out into a field (the world) and slaughtered him?

Were the wicked teachers and religious leaders of Judea "sane and caring" when they crucified the Truth in favor of their falsehoods?

Were the wicked teachers and leaders of Judea "sane and caring" to the million plus Judeans under their sway killed when Jesus Christ brought the Roman armies against them in execution of His judgement in 70AD?

Are the uniting churches under the sway of false teaching and the unholy anointing "sane and caring" as they gather their armies under satan to a final showdown with their Creator?

And be careful what you wish for. Our Creator has told us the end from the beginning - man rejects Him as King in favour of man. The world has been under judgement since Jesus Christ ascended to His throne, where He sits today bringing judgement onto a world in nearly complete rebellion to the Kingdom of God. As the men in Judea had no clue that they themselves were being judged as they had the audacity to put their God on trial, so it is the same in the world today. We are each casting our decisions. Man's definition of good and evil, or Our Creator's good and evil: man's doctrines or Our Creator's doctrines: man as Saviour or God as Our Saviour: man's truth, or God's Truth: Adam or Jesus Christ.

The verdict has already been passed. The end is known from the beginning.

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 05:49 AM
link   
I'm paraphrasing here, so bear with me...

There are many rooms in my fathers house, if it were not so, I would tell you.

There are many paths to illumination...seems Jesus knew that.

Good on this priest for being kind to others who do not share his faith.

Because one doesn't share your faith doesn't make them evil. Just different...seems like Jesus knew that, too.

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 05:56 AM
link   
I think the use of "troll" is grossly overused and is often an attempt to stifle expression and free debate- yes I would understand concern if someone was being targetted for incorrect gossip, such as being labelled falsely as a paedo or threatened with violence- but the comments posted are legitimate in a free country, whether one agrees with them or not

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 05:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by FidelityMusic
I wouldn't be surprised if Jews were allowed in there and the Priest received hate. Christians are some of the most ignorant people on the face of this Earth, especially the ones my parents age. 90% of them don't know the slightest thing about their religion and its origins. I was born into the Catholic Church and then personally chose to start visiting a Baptist church. I no longer associate with either, but I have to say that from my point of view the baptists know a lot more about their religion and surrounding religions, they're also more humble and open to others. I have Catholic family members who argue with me about Catholicism being its own religion and not a denomination of Christianity, they also believe the Jews have no commonality to Christianity or the other way around. It's like they never learned where the Old Testament came from. It's sad. These people complaining need to shut up.

I was born in a catholic family, and never i have heard of any member of my family thinks like some of your family have. In fact, some of my relatives were switching from one denomination to another, they have no hang ups attending churches from another congregation to another.

Maybe it depends on how one is raised.

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 05:57 AM
link   
The true colour of Christians coming out
Muslims worship Jesus also, whats the problem? As long as you are praying to the creator it should't matter whos walls your praying in.

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 06:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by DarknStormy
The true colour of Christians coming out
Muslims worship Jesus also, whats the problem? As long as you are praying to the creator it should't matter whos walls your praying in.

well it isn't the "true colour"- there are billions of Christians all with their different views, why some even opened there church, which was the original story

Muslims don't worship Jesus btw, they treat him as a prophet, fundamentally different to Christians, for them it is God in human form- difference is find, let's not pretend they are the same thing though

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 06:02 AM
link   
I first read this story a couple of days ago and thought to myself that it was a nice gesture.

I can understand why some Christians of that church, (and Christians from other churches) would be upset by this action, but I don't condone their feelings.

I'm glad also that the Muslims accepted the offer and were willing to enter the church for their prayers.

"There are many paths to the top of the mountain, but when you reach the top, the view is just the same...."

Gnobody

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 06:02 AM
link   
reply to post by DarknStormy

You mean the colour of the stupidity of men?
Come on, being is stupid is not exclusive to one group, it is individual if i may say.

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 06:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Credenceskynyrd
well it isn't the "true colour"- there are billions of Christians all with their different views, why some even opened there church, which was the original story.

Muslims don't worship Jesus btw, they treat him as a prophet, fundamentally different to Christians, for them it is God in human form- difference is find, let's not pretend they are the same thing though

They are the same thing, its just you Christians cannot accpet that maybe you's have the wrong bs story.

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 06:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by marhaba

Come on, being is stupid is not exclusive to one group, it is individual if i may say.

So what do you call "Letting Satan into the church"? That is labelling a group of people, not just individuals.. The mindset of some christians is beyond delusional and thats without the superman story added.

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 06:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Credenceskynyrd
well it isn't the "true colour"- there are billions of Christians all with their different views, why some even opened there church, which was the original story.

They are the same thing, its just you Christians cannot accpet that maybe you's have the wrong bs story.

you don't even make sense

- you say they are the same thing

but then

- you suggest that Christians have the wrong story

Also I made no comment as to who has the correct story, that is down to personal faith, I pointed out that Muslims and Chrisians view Jesus in a fundamentally different manner

You appear to have some personal issues with Christianity

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 06:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by marhaba

So what do you call "Letting Satan into the church"? That is labelling a group of people, not just individuals.. The mindset of some christians is beyond delusional and thats without the superman story added.

the mindset of some humans, be they atheist, Christian, Muslim etc is beyond delusional

move beyond the limited group view

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 06:40 AM
link   

top topics

<<   2 >>

join