It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are we Holographic beings in a Quantum Internet?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 11:32 PM
link   
Quantum Computing will offer profound changes. One day there could be laptop quantum computers that have more computing power than our classical universe. Here's an article called Quantum Computer to Log Onto Quantum Internet.

When it comes to data crunching, quantum computers will leave today's fastest processors in the dust.

For starters, a quantum computer would be able to store more bits of information in its memory than there are particles in the universe. And where a conventional silicon-based computer handles one computation at a time in sequence, a quantum computer would work on millions at once.

That kind of staggering power would give a single quantum computer the ability to simulate a whole world in a holographic environment, replicate biological systems to understand diseases and find cures, solve the loads of equations necessary to create extremely accurate weather forecasting and simulate how subatomic particles interact, showing fundamentally how everything in the universe works.

Several quantum computers linked together would make a quantum Internet so powerful that search engines would respond to queries almost like a human being, answering questions immediately and in any language.

news.discovery.com...

So an advanced civilization might be able to simulate worlds on a quantum internet. The future will be very interesting if Governments don't kill us all before we get there.

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 11:59 PM
link   
reply to post by neoholographic

Dear neoholographic,

This is not a hologram, it is our reality. It is a reality of consciousness and self awareness. It is a reality where you make your choices and determine who you will be and what your limits are. The hologram theory is nothing more than a rehash of a much older theory, what if you are the only consciousness in the universe, how can you know that other people are real? The essence of the question then becomes, "why should I worry about others?" That is the selfishness trying to find a justification for being so. Here is the real question, "If others exist and they matter as much as me, then am I willing to give of myself so that others can be happier?"

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 12:04 AM
link   
Sounds something akin to Star Treks holodeck.

Once the gov gets their hands on it it would be turned into our worst nightmare instead of our greatest achievement. But one can hope that it will be available to the masses.

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 01:17 AM
link   
reply to post by AQuestion

It's safe to assume that everything will end up in a Black hole, The liklehood is that we may already be in one. If the later is correct and as latest Quantum theory states "No information is lost". Then all we comprehend is information smeared on an Event Horizon ,So reality is certainly debatable, all we see and experience is code, interpreted by the individual, after the stimulus of electrons and photons are decoded by our own conciousness.Its certainly starting to look like a software program. Unlike a computer program it can get painfull,but as Arnie said " Some data is interpreted as pain"

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 01:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by anonentity

It's safe to assume that everything will end up in a Black hole, The liklehood is that we may already be in one. If the later is correct and as latest Quantum theory states "No information is lost". Then all we comprehend is information smeared on an Event Horizon ,So reality is certainly debatable, all we see and experience is code, interpreted by the individual, after the stimulus of electrons and photons are decoded by our own conciousness.Its certainly starting to look like a software program. Unlike a computer program it can get painfull,but as Arnie said " Some data is interpreted as pain"

Please tell me what makes it "most likely" that we do not exist, that our experience is an illusion, that a black hole is where we end up and tell what that means from a consciousness standpoint. Lets have some fun and consider the silly.

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 01:21 AM
link   

Is this similar to the law of attraction? Because, i practice it, and its going very well for me

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 01:28 AM
link   
reply to post by ValentinoG
[Dear ValentinoG.

The law of attraction, to me, is the law of deception. "If I get what I want then I am in control" is the concept behind the law of attraction, the concept of deception. There is an old story. There is a bird and it is winter, the bird is dying from the cold. It falls to the ground. A dog comes by and poops on it, the warmth from the poop keeps it alive. A wolf comes by and takes the poop off of the bird and then kills and eats it. I am not telling this exactly correct; but, it doesn;t really matter, the issue is the same. Just because someone poops on you does not mean that they are your enemy and just because someone cleans you up does not mean they are your friend.

Who do you wish to be, the one who benefits themselves the most or the one who gives the most to others, which is the better person and which is the one who is better. Would you trade your soul to be better off?

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 01:32 AM
link   

How does it work? Quantum seems to be a magical word that just makes things work. I was just thinking about this earlier and was going to look into it. I remember the quantum cryptography. It isn't really cryptography, you can tell if an information "bit" has been "observed"in transit. I think these work on the single slit stuff and they claim that each "clone" can do its own thing and so own. But I have no idea really. Thanks for the link!
edit on 22-3-2013 by Templeton because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 01:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Templeton

I don't think it's a deception. I think you could use it to your advantage as long as you help people in return. Gratitude is the key to it all. As long as you're grateful for everything in life, you will get whatever you want and more. That's just my opinion, of course.

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 03:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by AQuestion

If others exist and they matter as much as me, then am I willing to give of myself so that others can be happier?"

Isn't that the perfect philosophical cushion for a slave?

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 03:30 AM
link   

It works because a classical bit on a computer can be either a 1 or a 0, but a quantum bit, or qubit can be in both states at once. So 8 bits represent 1 number out of 256 possible, but 8 qubits can represent all of them at once. So if you send a computer function a 8 bits of input, it will compute something for just that 8 bites. But a quantum function could presumably compute all 256 possibilities at once.

No one "gets" this, its just what the math says, and the universe obeys it.

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 03:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by ValentinoG

I don't think it's a deception. I think you could use it to your advantage as long as you help people in return. Gratitude is the key to it all. As long as you're grateful for everything in life, you will get whatever you want and more. That's just my opinion, of course.

I struggle with that idea.One thing I notice is people let positive thinking cloud their evaluation of the positive thinking itself. They say "positive thinking will make my life better!" And then when they turn to evaluate if it actually worked after doing it for a few weeks, they say "my life it now better, wow!" not because anything has objectively improved, but because they trained their brain to think positive about everything. So they think its having this power.

But at the same time, I also see that this is a funny universe, and it does seem to respond in certain ways to people's inner states. So I can kind of see it both ways.

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 03:41 AM
link   

I once got a knife in the chest, at that time i wished i was holographic, sticking up for a holographic damsel up against 4 holographic thugs.

I know what you mean, but no.

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 04:13 AM
link   

the implications are amazing of what this could accomplish in the right hands, but to be fair I tend to think that knowledge acquired that is unearned leads to negative results when we are taking about the leaps this will take mankind to. Time travel, interstellar travel, limitless life expectancy, telepathy when quantum computing is infused into the body of a man. This is basically tapping into the universe to get all answers this is our evolution times a million

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 04:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Templeton
How does it work? Quantum seems to be a magical word that just makes things work. I was just thinking about this earlier and was going to look into it.

I think that is a good observation about the modern (often led by public relations and commercial journalism) usage of the word 'quantum'. Just stick the word quantum in front of your theory, and bingo, millions in research dollars paid for by the public!

Originally posted by tridentblue

It works because a classical bit on a computer can be either a 1 or a 0, but a quantum bit, or qubit can be in both states at once. So 8 bits represent 1 number out of 256 possible, but 8 qubits can represent all of them at once. So if you send a computer function a 8 bits of input, it will compute something for just that 8 bites. But a quantum function could presumably compute all 256 possibilities at once.

No one "gets" this, its just what the math says, and the universe obeys it.

'works' is a tenuous attribution here since there aren't any quantum computers with more than a few bits, and those machines require house-sized cooling system just so they can make the electrons sit in one place without being perturbed by background radiation.

I think this whole quantum computing thing is a scam and that no physical proof has ever been offered to show why making your computer use individual electrons or photons as bits equates to a special type of computation that cannot be replicated with non-quantum objects.

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 04:47 AM
link   
That whole article is a joke, in fact. Self-contradictory, entirely speculative and devoid of scientific reasoning.

Look at:

"In quantum computers, the bits are actually not physical particles, but units of information called qubits that describe the state of particles, including atoms and subatomic particles, such as ions, electrons and photons. For example, a qubit might be represented by the direction in which an electron spins or the polarization of a photon of light – that is, how it's oriented."

Sorry, what? Exactly which computers are able to compute anything at all without the use of physical particles? How does one produce any kind of effect in the world without manipulating physical particles?? It's absurd!

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 05:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlesyhTwonk

If others exist and they matter as much as me, then am I willing to give of myself so that others can be happier?"

Isn't the opposite the perfect concept for a tyrant? Which do you prefer to be?

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 06:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlesyhTwonk

Isn't the opposite the perfect concept for a tyrant? Which do you prefer to be?

Balanced.

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 08:26 AM
link   
I hope something happens to destroy computers and knock us back to our senses before we make quantum computers in the way they describe. That's scary stuff.

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 09:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Socrato
I hope something happens to destroy computers and knock us back to our senses before we make quantum computers in the way they describe. That's scary stuff.

Yes, the article is supposed to scare and impress you so that the Discovery channel can continue to farm advertising revenue from non-scientific sensationalism. And what the scientists are saying is supposed to confuse you so that you don't feel confident enough to challenge their funding allocation.

You have nothing to worry about from any computer that these people are imagining (other than having your pocket picked).

Does anyone consider the true human cost of the vast resources that have already been spent on not-very intelligent, robust, efficient or mathematically grounded computers? I think you are quite right to be suspicious of the same group of people appealing for funding for a new phase of that development.
edit on 22-3-2013 by yampa because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join