It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Billy Corgan on Infowars: Something Greater Than Fear

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 01:54 PM
link   
This thread is sad. How much denial of ignorance is going on when people are refusing to watch a video because they don't care for the ART that the guy in the video made? It's not like he's performing music in the video. He's actually sharing a lot of ATS's anti-AJ crowds' frustrations and trying to get Alex to shut up long enough to get the point across that what AJ is doing is NOT WORKING. In the video, Corgan repeatedly tells Alex he needs to spread his message to a larger crowd by concentrating on peoples' views on the world's situation, rather than focusing on all the scary things the govt is doing and the terrible possibilities to the future.

At no point in time is Corgan's music discussed, nor is any other music discussed.

But somehow the majority of replies on this thread deal with the posters' SUBJECTIVE opinions about music genres. What exactly is intelligent about replying to an honest beginning of a discussion with a dismissal of the video (without even watching) because of narrow-minded preconceived notions about a guy in the video because of the way he sings? Ignorance, ignorance, ignorance.

Excuse my venting, it is maddening to see what could be a fantastic discussion devolve into people arguing about whether or not Nirvana is better than Iron Maiden. (Hint, which has already been touched on: neither, because both groups created art, which cannot be consumed objectively)

Now, I watched the video, despite reservations that I have about listening to AJ. I want to be on his team so bad, I want him to be right, I want him to awaken people, I want the world to become a better place because of the FACTS he does report on. I have not listened to or read anything from Infowars for about a year now though, because of the WAY he goes about what he does. He thinks if he shouts loud enough, that will convince people who don't listen to him, that they are mistaken and should listen to him. I realize this will not work, and I actually sent AJ a couple emails (who knows if they were read) detailing my grievances as someone who wanted to see his ideas disseminated in an intelligent, cohesive manner, in such a way that the views of his movement would be unassailable.

Now, I don't care what anyone thinks about Corgan or Smashing Pumpkins. Personally, not my cup of tea. But Corgan is an extremely well spoken man, and anyone on here who dislikes AJ's methods should really watch this interview. Corgan voices opinions that I have seen all over this forum since I started lurking here in 2009. Throughout the interview, Corgan is desperately trying to show Alex that his methods, while effective for a part of the population, are upsettingly ineffective for large swathes of the population. Corgan repeatedly stresses the importance of broadening the message to make it accessible to more people.

I for one am interested to see if AJ implements any of Corgan's suggestions, and I think if he did, that would be hugely beneficial to any and all of us who care about our freedom in the future.

So seriously, check out the video, ESPECIALLY if you don't like either or both of the guys in the video.

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 02:26 PM
link   
I don't understand how this got turned into a discussion about Corgan's music either. . .

The man can't sing, but he sure can play the guitar. I bet most people here bashing the Smashing Pumpkins and Corgan are young.

Mellon Collie and the Infinite Sadness is like the 90's all wrapped up into a 2-disc set. It really encompases the vibe of the 90's perfectly. After that album though, the music just got weird.

Let's not forget that Corgan also put an entire CD out for free as a big middle finger to the anti-piracy people. Sort of the anti-Lars Ulrich.

He seems pretty on top of current events in the interview, but as I previously said....I'm not a big fan of AJ anymore.

Alex Jones sounds like a male version of Rachel Ray.

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 02:30 PM
link   
reply to post by prostheticmind

Lets get one thing clear about Alex Jones...

You want him to be right? I want him to be wrong!!! DEAD WRONG! I SINCERELY HOPE HES WRONG! For the sake of humanity I hope hes wrong. He, david icke, etc etc I hope they're all wrong... even Edgar cayce and nostradamus... all wrong please

If they're right we're all screwed. Hopefully they're wrong.

How can someone want him to be right? Come on...

I hope star trek is right.

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 02:56 PM
link   
reply to post by dominicus

EXACTLY!

man am I glad your reply was the first one!

Meolon Collie & The Infinite Sadness is one of the best albums of all time.

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 02:58 PM
link   
reply to post by CagliostroTheGreat

Amen to that.

I think it really was the magnus opus for the Smashing Pumpkins. Don't get me wrong, Siamese Dream was a good album too -- but M.C. really showcased the flexiblity of the band, and Corgan's songwriting abilities.

I still know how to play "Zero" on my guitar LOL ... speaking of which, I should bust that sucker out!

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 02:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by FraternitasSaturni

Lets get one thing clear about Alex Jones...

You want him to be right? I want him to be wrong!!! DEAD WRONG! I SINCERELY HOPE HES WRONG! For the sake of humanity I hope hes wrong. He, david icke, etc etc I hope they're all wrong... even Edgar cayce and nostradamus... all wrong please

If they're right we're all screwed. Hopefully they're wrong.

How can someone want him to be right? Come on...

I hope star trek is right.

Sorry! I should have been more clear, I'm posting from my phone and was proof reading very quickly.

There is no doubt in my mind that the current power structures in the world have been and intend to continue to control the path of humanity, and not in a positive fashion. I KNOW he is right about that because I can see it in every facet of life today.

What I WANT him to be right about is his assertion that the people can enact change in an effective and lasting manner. I have been reluctant to join that bandwagon because of his methods. I find them crude and his rally cry 'the answer to 1984 is 1776' is EXTREMELY dangerous in a country that views constitutionalists as domestic terrorists.

I feel that he could really help to bring about an effective and lasting change if he stops banging the war drums and starts appealing to the emotional side of the whole thing. People who won't listen to facts can only be swayed when they realize that their enjoyment of life is being affected by the things that they are afraid to face, and trying to scare them into seeing it will only strengthen those who seek to keep power.

So that is what I was thinking when I typed that.

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 09:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by AkumaStreak
The 90s called... your music today is garbage. Maybe we should start the critiquing there. Corgan is washed up... a shill... bwaha, right. What have you accomplished in your lives?
edit on 3/22/2013 by AkumaStreak because: (no reason given)

Amen. I'm not one to say my generation is better or worse than others and I like quite a few eras of music, but I'll always be proud that I grew up in the 90s with the likes of Nirvana, Smashing Pumpkins, Silverchair, Pearl Jam, and of course Bad Religion during their early 90s alt rock phase

It wasn't only music. We had some pretty awesome TV shows too

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 10:03 PM
link   
reply to post by MystikMushroom

Yeah Siamese Dream, that's the one. I think that's a great album, especially for that period in time. I haven't heard it in years, wonder if it will still hold up. I like what he's saying in the AJ interview. Can't believe he can get Alex to be quiet.

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 11:55 PM
link   
I'll vouch for Billy NOT needing to grandstand, his body of work carries him into the present.

He co-wrote and sang on a recent New Order song, so....yeah.

However, I've heard he's an ahole in person.
edit on 22-3-2013 by FlyingFox because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2013 @ 08:02 AM
link   
Can someone tell Alex he is talking to Billy Corgan , not Billy Corrigan.

posted on Mar, 23 2013 @ 09:00 AM
link   
Ok, op, I did watch the video, and I do agree with him. However, most people, if they don't like his music, they won't watch the vid. Like I almost didn't. The whole "Idea" of what is going on is not just isolated to the government, it is society in general. Hell, where I work at, does the same thing. It's all a power trip that is going to go real bad, real soon. So, in saying that, op, you have my apologies for the beginning of thread.

I still can't figure out why the people coming home from the military are considered terrorists. The government trained them to do what they want, but as soon as they are on their home turf, It's not ok??? They brain-washed them to kill people in wars, can't they brain-wash them to assimilate back into society as normal people??? Ok, not economicaly feasible. Sorry, I was thinking out loud.

posted on Mar, 23 2013 @ 02:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by thepolish1
I still can't figure out why the people coming home from the military are considered terrorists. The government trained them to do what they want, but as soon as they are on their home turf, It's not ok??? They brain-washed them to kill people in wars, can't they brain-wash them to assimilate back into society as normal people??? Ok, not economicaly feasible. Sorry, I was thinking out loud.

I've thought about that a lot, and I think (rather optimistically) that brainwashing won't hold when one sees the results of their actions. I would imagine the routine murder of families and villages is enough to show almost any person that what they have been told about why they are doing it might have been a little...skewed, in order to get them to commit atrocities. One of my best friends from growing up dropped out of high school to join the army when he was seventeen. In the days before he left for Afghanistan, he could not have been more excited and proud to be (what he perceived as) helping the world so directly. Now when I see him he is a shell, and he drinks A LOT, and if you ask him about Afghanistan he will only answer by telling you to research the war and the government and to not trust whatever you hear on TV.

So I don't really think mind control holds up when it makes people commit atrocities.

posted on Mar, 23 2013 @ 07:02 PM
link   
I watched the video. Alex Jones & Billy Corgan both seemed quite reasonable. This was a smashing interview.

Matrix references.
Star Wars references.
Corgan is dressed in pseudo-clerical wardrobe, bald headed monk mode and provided Alex with a babbling brook of spiritual messages and new outlooks, from higher perspectives.

"The speed at which this is moving is probably, almost beyond human conception." That's the last quote in the video.

posted on Mar, 23 2013 @ 07:23 PM
link   
reply to post by thepolish1

Oh please...SP isn't any more whiny than most other legendary bands.

I'm seeing them in May, btw. So excited!

posted on Mar, 23 2013 @ 08:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Charmed707
reply to post by thepolish1

Oh please...SP isn't any more whiny than most other legendary bands.

I'm seeing them in May, btw. So excited!

Good for you, I personally wouldn't waste my money on it, because, well, you already know I don't care for their music. I'm gonna take my kid to see her first concert in a month....Alice Cooper, then in july, it's Jackyl. I can't wait!!!!

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 04:02 AM
link   

Yeah its interesting to note the level of moderation in certain threads

Expect no love.

Whether you like his art or not, anyone would enjoy the interview and have to admit that he has an admirable ability to think and express his ideas. It was a great interview, and that is why we can expect the off topic comments to remain.

Although, now that I have posted here, we may see an increase in moderator presence in this thread, and perhaps some of those comments will be replaced by an off-topic stamp by way of collateral damage. Because as the mods come cruising through this way, they will likely be picking off targets of opportunity and taking potshots at violators as they continue to hunt down their main objective which will be scrutinized for potential violations.
No, but that would be crazy huh??

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 11:05 AM
link   
"Nice work, thanks for posting this article! I really liked that interview with Alex Jones and Billy Corgan.

I posted an article in my LEAPS Blog that you might like to check because it is relevant to your post and website.

What is Conspiracy? Plus a Proposal to Change the so called term ‘Conspiracy Theory’ to the term ‘Alternative Research’ |
> socialmediabar.com..."

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 04:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xaphan

Originally posted by AkumaStreak
The 90s called... your music today is garbage. Maybe we should start the critiquing there. Corgan is washed up... a shill... bwaha, right. What have you accomplished in your lives?
edit on 3/22/2013 by AkumaStreak because: (no reason given)

Amen. I'm not one to say my generation is better or worse than others and I like quite a few eras of music, but I'll always be proud that I grew up in the 90s with the likes of Nirvana, Smashing Pumpkins, Silverchair, Pearl Jam, and of course Bad Religion during their early 90s alt rock phase

It wasn't only music. We had some pretty awesome TV shows too

Next time you need an energy boost, instead of an energy drink, go find "Thungercats intro high quality" on YouTube. You will feel like The Hulk before it's even half over!

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 06:44 PM
link   
reply to post by auto73912621

That was actually a powerful interview out of Jones, I have not seen him that relaxed in a long time. Usually he is crazy angry but with Billy he totally chilled out. It must be a testament to Billy`s aura effecting the big Jones bulldog.

posted on Apr, 28 2013 @ 03:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by dominicus

Originally posted by Philippines
reply to post by auto73912621

To me it seems like a lot of washed out old "famous" people are jumping onto the Alex Jones bandwagon in more of a publicity effort than anything else.

I would imagine there are countless other "famous" people "in the know" who you will never hear on AJ or anywhere else. It is good that they are finally taking a stand, but is it too little, too late, and only after you have nothing to lose?

Billy Corgan washed up? I can bring you into circles of thought where the man is considered a legend in the making musically speaking. Legends aren't washed up!!!!!

Your point is relative and moot

I think you need seriously consider finding new circles.

Billy Corgan has done everything to stay relevant to make up for his lack there of in music. Even in the height of his career, he would do appearances anywhere he could to stay visible, even pro wrestling. It got to a point that his entire band left him. Anyone who thinks he is a "Legend in the making" never left the '90's.

Your fuzzy feeling's about Billy is irrelevant and meaningless.

But it is to Alex Jones. I thought he was against homosexual liberals

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join