It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Billy Corgan on Infowars: Something Greater Than Fear

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 11:16 PM
link   
I must say, that after being on ATS for quite a while now that I love it. I find its members to be truly responsive people (for the most part), and the main OPs do an amazing job. Many of you have become trusted names to me, and the information I get even from the worst Troll OP still provides me with a great deal of enjoyment to watch you all tear them down, sometimes very cleverly. It reminds me that there might be some hope in the end, for the world to truly turn out wonderfully. Despite all the Doom and Gloom.

Frankly, I use a lot of news sources, from all sides of the benches. When I saw this, I really found a new respect for Billy Corgan and for Alex Jones. I'd love to hear what some of the people on ATS think about this video.

Thank you in advance for your time if you choose to watch the video.

www.infowars.com...

PS: Admins I reported my own post, I hope you get the joke.

edit on 21-3-2013 by auto73912621 because: PS

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 11:54 PM
link   
reply to post by auto73912621

To me it seems like a lot of washed out old "famous" people are jumping onto the Alex Jones bandwagon in more of a publicity effort than anything else.

I would imagine there are countless other "famous" people "in the know" who you will never hear on AJ or anywhere else. It is good that they are finally taking a stand, but is it too little, too late, and only after you have nothing to lose?

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 12:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Philippines

To me it seems like a lot of washed out old "famous" people are jumping onto the Alex Jones bandwagon in more of a publicity effort than anything else.

I would imagine there are countless other "famous" people "in the know" who you will never hear on AJ or anywhere else. It is good that they are finally taking a stand, but is it too little, too late, and only after you have nothing to lose?

Billy Corgan washed up? I can bring you into circles of thought where the man is considered a legend in the making musically speaking. Legends aren't washed up!!!!!

Your point is relative and moot

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 12:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Philippines

I'm not sure that things are quite that far gone. Also, Alex Jones isn't known for his "famous guests".

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 12:19 AM
link   
reply to post by dominicus

I have to admit, I've never been much of a fan. I like some of his early stuff. As I mentioned in my post though, I think that much like other artists, that I haven't been a fan of musically. David Bowie, Frank Zappa... just off the top of my head. I do respect them and their beliefs. In this case, I found the way in which Corgan approaches Jones to be the most interesting. Also, the fact that they are so intimate yet clearly not ever going to be an "obvious" duo, is what makes this clip so remarkable. I'm actually a little disappointed its so short.

Which now that I'm responding makes, me think that perhaps AJ is in fact an illuminati shill after all! In with the MEDIA! ... or not...

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 12:20 AM
link   
reply to post by dominicus

I'm curious what you're opinion is of the video being a fan of Corgan.

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 12:27 AM
link   
Billy Corigan from Smashing Pumpkins???? My gosh....the person who didn't sing, but whined??? PULEASE.....I do like Alex Jones though, a bit over dramatic, but entertaining. Really, he's a legend???PFFTT......How about Steve Harris from Iron Maiden??? Listen to it, you will have a history lesson on every album, and a GREAT stress relief, just listening to it. I call ALL the old school thrash metal meditation music. I look at Smashing Pumpkins like I do Nirvana,,,,, the death of the best music EVER MADE. Anyone with me on this???? LET ME HEAR YA!!!!!
edit on 22-3-2013 by thepolish1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 12:33 AM
link   
reply to post by thepolish1

I agree, I honestly used to believe that about Corgan. A few songs, I liked. What I'm seeing in this video is like I mentioned in my original post. It gives me hope that all of us can come to real conclusions that help us (especially those of us on ATS who know at least how to think out of the box) as a race and a people, come to terms with the drastic changes that we are experiencing both culturally, spiritually, and physically over the coming years. I do find AJ entertaining, he also has a pulse on a particular aspect of what's really going on in the world.

As usual I'm looking for a discussion of how these two people have interacted and how their opinions and statements might resonate with members here. I know that AJ and Corgan will have their detractors and proponents.

Do we believe that there is still hope, and is Corgan right about the general direction that AJ should take? Is AJ right? Is someone else right?

Oh, and for the record. I love Nirvana as one of my all time classics. So don't start that music industry BS in this thread.

"Peace."

To quote some of my favorite commentators.

(And yes, i know that "right" is relative)

PS forgive the degradation in my spelling and grammar, though I know its not relevant (apparently on ATS) I will say... I am not immune to Joyce's BEAST.
edit on 22-3-2013 by auto73912621 because: (no reason given)

edit on 22-3-2013 by auto73912621 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 12:39 AM
link   

I edited my post as you were responding to mine. I haven't watched the link, and just because Billy is in it, I won't. I stand by what I said. I do appreciate your point of view, you will not sway me from mine. In my opinion, the really good music was lost when Nirvana came in and Metallica sold out on the 10 minute plus video from And Justice for All. Just my opinion. Sorry.

Forgive your grammar, you did just fine to me. It's all good my man.

What is Joyces Beast??? Never heard of it. Is it one of those across the pond things???

REALLY???? you and I have a WAYY different perspective of the music industry. I have been around it my whole life. Like I said before, I respect your opinion, BUT, you will not sway me from mine. Wanna hear a good song that will just leave you wanting more??? Ministry...Just one fix.....not that I can relate to the topic of the song...it's the music,the rhythm. Or an obscure Alice Cooper tune...I don't personally endorse the cutting up of a crush, But Roses on White Lace. Just give it a listen. I try to stay with that stuff, because that is what my generation was about. Smashing Pumpkins???? Can we say, WAAAA.. my mommy and DADDY didn't pay attention to MEEEEEEEE.......WWWWAAAAAAA.... SUCK IT UP AND GO ON. If people don't realize that throwing a trantrum doesn't get their way....well Do I need to say more???
edit on 22-3-2013 by thepolish1 because: cuz I wanted to

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 12:47 AM
link   

Thank you for your kind way of saying your point.

Even so, I have to say. That you're unwillingness to watch a video of 15m due to hatred of a "whiny voice" doesn't really cover it.

Also, I should point out that what this video highlights both in Corgan and in the lacking of AJ is the need for real solutions to pressing problems both socially and factually. There must be a way to form a coherent vision for the future of the human race that doesn't involve a loss of personal freedom and individual circumstances, but still takes into account future trends and technologies. If anyone can get this message, and utilize it to help the cause, I think ATS has the answers, somewhere in its archives, and topics.

Let's find it.

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 12:50 AM
link   

Nirvana wiped glam hair metal off the face of the earth, and for that alone they are one of the bands with the greatest legacy ever!

Steve Harris is one of the absolute best, in my eyes, as well as Geezer.

Corgan? I really liked one of their early albums, can't remember the name. Haven't watched the clip yet, just wanted to chime in... I think, because of the Internet, most every artistic type is awake to some degree, whether they're barking up the right or wrong tree... I found that most "artists" are fairly deep and like to feed their curiosity beast. Yeah, so, no surprise...
edit on 22-3-2013 by binkbonk because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 12:51 AM
link   
reply to post by binkbonk

I agree, and appreciate your input. Again, I think we should focus less on the musical thing.

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 01:00 AM
link   

You put Billy Corigan on it.....do I need to say more??? I am not a troll, but for gods sake. I will watch the vid tomorrow. It will pain me, but I will do it to see what you see. Focus less on the music thing??? How does everyone know him??? Just for the record, a girl in my neighborhood knew the bass player from Smashing Pumpkins. She had a place in Michigan City Indiana. Not the best place. Kinda like Gary. nough said.

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 01:06 AM
link   
reply to post by binkbonk

What you just said is BLASPHMOUS!!!!!! I wasn't talking about Enuff-n-Nuff.......or anything like that. And how in the hell did you get Hair metal from Iron Maiden???? You need to be learned my man... I will teach you the way, if you choose...the red or the blue pill........

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 01:11 AM
link   

Great interview, thanks for posting! New found respect for that guy

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 01:20 AM
link   

Haha, I can tell, you are METAL!

I wasn't talking about Maiden, they aren't glam, or hair metal, they're just metal.

I am saying that the day Nirvana got played on the radio, Poison, Faster Pussycat, and all the other crap poser bands were done. Even Dokken and Great White, or bigger bands like Def Leopard and Mötley Crüe were done, thankfully. Yeah, I hate Mötley Crüe, they can't hold a flame to real rock bands like ac/dc, Maiden, Metalica (at the time even Van Halen... But all those band are the real deal, Nirvana didn't do anything to them, just the poser Sunset strip kooks. I love Nirvana for that. I'm a punk rocker at heart but always have respect for the great bands I mentioned above.

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 01:21 AM
link   
I remember saving up to buy my first Smashing Pumpkin CD, and later putting a "Zero" sticker on my guitar case.

I had no idea Cobain wrote so many songs for so many other people! I've listened to a few interviews on MTV years ago. I'm glad he's stil doing his thing.

Not a fan of Alex Jones, but it was cool to hear Corgan's perspective.

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 01:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by binkbonk

Haha, I can tell, you are METAL!

I wasn't talking about Maiden, they aren't glam, or hair metal, they're just metal.

I am saying that the day Nirvana got played on the radio, Poison, Faster Pussycat, and all the other crap poser bands were done. Even Dokken and Great White, or bigger bands like Def Leopard and Mötley Crüe were done, thankfully. Yeah, I hate Mötley Crüe, they can't hold a flame to real rock bands like ac/dc, Maiden, Metalica (at the time even Van Halen... But all those band are the real deal, Nirvana didn't do anything to them, just the poser Sunset strip kooks. I love Nirvana for that. I'm a punk rocker at heart but always have respect for the great bands I mentioned above.

Actually, I am a TRUE metal fan. by the way, you forgot Megadeth, Motorhead,Primus, I could name countless others. But it's not about that. I just don't relate to the whiney-a$$ed stuff that came after that. I will turn ALMOST 40 in a few weeks. That should tell you something. The music in my day made me who I am. And I did not have a good teen years. It made me through it. I actually made an A on the whole "THE METAL MUSIC MADE THESE KIDS COMMIT SUICIDE" in middle school. made an A. It wasn't the music, but the lack of parenting. In todays socity, I can see the whiney side. WHOOOE IS MEEE.. mommmy and DADDY didn't pay attention to me. Suck it up.......you are what you make yourself...good or bad, hopefully for the good.

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 01:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by MystikMushroom
I remember saving up to buy my first Smashing Pumpkin CD, and later putting a "Zero" sticker on my guitar case.

I had no idea Cobain wrote so many songs for so many other people! I've listened to a few interviews on MTV years ago. I'm glad he's stil doing his thing.

Not a fan of Alex Jones, but it was cool to hear Corgan's perspective.

REALLYY??? Cobain blew his brains out because he couldn't handle his heroin addiction. About 18 yrs ago. Or that his girlfriend was doing better than him...take your pick..... which proves my point, by the way. WWWWWWAAAAAAAAAA.......I'm not getting my wayyyyyyyyy....WWWWWAAAAA

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 01:42 AM
link   

Thanks for the cool video, an uplift from the normal Alex J. (I do not think that he fully got the point Corgan was making, this is apparent by the rationals that Alex interjects, going so far as making an analogy to Star Wars), but I guess many of Alex J. followers would also miss it...

I despair a bit on the nature of the posts on ATS, on your first page of of the thread. People should start to realize that the persona is not important at all but the message validity. Wasting time discussing the merit of the persona (not a real person but what you are shown about a person) is detrimental to the analysis of what is said ...

My view is that anyone should have a chance to speak, it is to me to decide about what speaker I give more attention... I would even listens to a certified crazy person if most of what he said had any value to me, even entertaining value, but I'm one of those persons that opens the door to speak with those proselytizing door to door, if I have the time, at least they also get to listen to my view point...

PS: I do not buy music, magazines etc I have heard Corgan band but I probably never seen he speak so I do not prejudge him in anyway and I agree with him and the path that he tried to show Alex in how to improve the way he presents "his" message...

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join