Indonesia may outlaw unmarried sex with jail threatened for offenders

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 03:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by CB328
This is anti-freedom, inhuman, insane and just plain stupid. But I guess no one should be surprised since it's Islam.

Just because a culture doesn't value what I call root-ratting in the west doesn't mean its anti-freedom. Get a grip. really.

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 07:13 AM
link   
Lmfao... three quarters of the population would be in jail ...

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 07:48 AM
link   
reply to post by DarknStormy

Just because a culture doesn't value what I call root-ratting in the west doesn't mean its anti-freedom. Get a grip. really.

When they go as far as banning it by law, then it indeed does mean they are anti-freedom. Really.

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 08:19 AM
link   
Well I mean in most states, at least here in Virginia, it is illegal to have intercourse in any position that isn't missionary.

Take me to jail, baby.

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 08:37 AM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

Family Research Council agrees.

"If the Supreme Court says that you have the right to consensual sex within your home, then you have the right to bigamy, you have the right to polygamy, you have the right to incest, you have the right to adultery. You have the right to anything."
-Rick Santorum

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 09:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by amraks

This is the funniest thing I have heard of!

How are they going to police this?

even parents of teens have trouble doing this.

5 years for having unmarried sex.
You know Indonesia don't do it self any justice with their tourism having so many laws that carry harsh penalties.

Like death penalty for smuggling minor drugs. Look at Corby, she got 20 years for a bag of ####(leaving out the drugs name so I don't violate any T&C).

How many countries have this law that Indonesia is purposing?

www.news.com.au
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 3/21/2013 by tothetenthpower because: (no reason given)

The t $ C is kinda has parrallels to this thread
i would never visit a country so in line with someones idealism our country took care of years ago and then somewhat became that too, though were not so bad as others. HUmans have a lot of learning to do before we reach a blissfull and understanding state of being.

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 10:06 AM
link   
Not for nothing but why the hell all Abrahamic religions freak out over sex and ultimately the role of women??

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 10:09 AM
link   
reply to post by pstrron

Islam says it's the womans fault if she gets raped (even if an infant) and is punished for having premarital sex. The perpetrator on the other hand gets off free of charge, with a very light sentence or pay a fine. The woman involved can be whipped, put in prison or stoned to death. Never did understand that one.

you don't understand that because its not meant to be understood. I don't get who spread that idea, what i also don't get is how so many people actually believe it to be true!!! Muslims are humans too with the same understanding of right, wrong and justice.
I can say its an example of a successful hate propaganda, the next step would be that muslim men have horns which they hide under their turbans

it happens when an unfortunate incident is picked up and circulated and the behaviour is extrapolated on 2 billion muslims and most people just believe it as they have nothing to do with those muzzies!

On the topic, the new law seems more to pacify the growing group of muslims who want a better islamic society where marriage is easier and fornication difficult. It can't be applied but just serves as a deterrent.
edit on 22-3-2013 by logical7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 10:46 AM
link   
Meanwhile troops are fighting over in Afghanistan to 'liberate the people from their prehistoric ways'.
Way to go back 500 years Indonesia.... hell you may as well make laws where it's punishable by death by stoning for adultry....

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 10:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Spider879
Not for nothing but why the hell all Abrahamic religions freak out over sex and ultimately the role of women??

It's control. Just as dictators become tyrants so do people in high power positions... such as the pope and the mcdonalds manager that thinks he's the best cheeseburger "artist" in the world.

You know, we're just a bunch of monkeys with a large brain that learned how to build a computer. Take away the technology and control and that's all you're left with... 2 steps removed from the cave.

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 11:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by SalientSkivvy
Meanwhile troops are fighting over in Afghanistan to 'liberate the people from their prehistoric ways'.
Way to go back 500 years Indonesia.... hell you may as well make laws where it's punishable by death by stoning for adultry....

Of course America needs to liberate the poor Muslims from the CIA installed dictators in the Middle East while Mexican drug cartels (Funded by the opium grown by soldiers in Afghanistan) behead people on our border. Don't forget to fork over an extra 200 billion to Egypt and God knows how much more to Israel, Pakistan, India and China while Americans sleep on the street after being kicked out of their homes by the same banks they bailed out. Don't bother bringing any troops home or closing any of the 700+ bases we have around the world... that's called "defense spending". We don't need no tours or Easter bunnies, just throw more parties for rich liberal celebrities.

*eats hot dog and puts bumper sticker on car*

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 02:29 PM
link   
So what happens when the people caught having sex are married....
...to other people?

In any case, if this will become law, the tourists will have to either be really quiet while they're doing it, or simply not do it.

In a way I like the idea of this law, as it seems to at least want to teach responsible sex. (I see it this way, it may not be the case though).

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 02:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by 13th Zodiac
These dumb ass answer's are what you get when moron's, too immature to commit get it on.Immature dumb ass progeny, generation after generation.The west and it's morals have sunk to a all time low.No respect , no commitment and no morals.
I'm not a muslim and I agree with the principle.Flame on, couldn't care less.

Let me guess this straight, because I am 54 been married and divorced, my partner being married twice and divorced DESERVE to be put in jail for having sex because we are not married. Our morals are low....

You haven't a clue what you are talking about.

THe scary part is people who think like you get control of countries.

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 03:20 PM
link   
reply to post by amraks

I would have a very long criminal record in indonesia

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 03:31 PM
link   
Wow. Never thought a law like this would be passed in this day and age. There are some really sick people out there framing bull# laws.
Why? Why do people have interest in who is having sex with whom? Mind your own ####### business dammit.

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 03:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Theimp

It doesn't matter if it's enforceable or even logical, this is what comes of dictatorship. The state MUST control every aspect of human life. It's nothing new and it's been seen in every tyrannical system from Hitler to Caesar.

For all of Hitler's other faults, he encouraged young unmarried German girls to have sex outside of marriage.

Fifteen and 16-year-old girls are having babies with the blessings of their Hitler Youth leaders. Unwed mothers with illegitimate children have the right to evict married but childless couples from apartment houses...laws are passed entitling unmarried mothers to call themselves 'Mrs.' instead of 'Miss', and providing state subsides for illegitimate children and crushing taxes for childless adults

SEX IN NAZI GERMANY

If this law is passed, will the 88% Indonesian Muslim majority be able to enforce this law on fellow Muslims and on the non Muslim minority? With the force of law behind them, it seems extremely likely.

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 03:55 PM
link   
but but muslims only make it rain puppy dogs and unicorns.....

welcome to self imposed neo slavery

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 03:55 PM
link   
reply to post by PeaceNLove123

If we thought people could govern themselves we wouldn't need government right?

It's a slippery slope my friend.

Cirque

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 04:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by TokiTheDestroyer
Well I mean in most states, at least here in Virginia, it is illegal to have intercourse in any position that isn't missionary.

Take me to jail, baby.

Wait, I thought "Virgina is for lovers"?

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 04:24 PM
link   
This is why islam has NO place in the western world!

The people of Indonesia aren't even muslim / arab anyway, they had the religion forced on them at gunpoint a few hundred years ago. Similar to Xtianity a few thousand years ago elsewhere I might add.

new topics
top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join