Indonesia may outlaw unmarried sex with jail threatened for offenders

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 09:46 PM
link   

Indonesia may outlaw unmarried sex.

www.news.com.au

UNMARRIED people caught having sex in Indonesia will face up to five years in jail under proposed new laws.
(visit the link for the full news article)

edit on 3/21/2013 by tothetenthpower because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 09:46 PM
link   
This is the funniest thing I have heard of!

How are they going to police this?

even parents of teens have trouble doing this.

5 years for having unmarried sex.
You know Indonesia don't do it self any justice with their tourism having so many laws that carry harsh penalties.

Like death penalty for smuggling minor drugs. Look at Corby, she got 20 years for a bag of ####(leaving out the drugs name so I don't violate any T&C).

How many countries have this law that Indonesia is purposing?

www.news.com.au

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 09:52 PM
link   
Looks like my fornicating would warrant me a death sentence.

a place to avoid

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 10:03 PM
link   
reply to post by amraks

Indonesia main practiced religion is Islam so is not surprise that this new law can become reality, what I wonder is why it took this long.

I guess is a shortage of virgins this days.

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 10:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by amraks

Indonesia may outlaw unmarried sex.

www.news.com.au

UNMARRIED people caught having sex in Indonesia will face up to five years in jail under proposed new laws.

I'd love to be the guy who enforces this law... Creeping around dark streets, peeping through windows!!

* BANG BANG BANG * Police open up!! I have a warrant for this residence, there have been reports of premarital sex on the premises.

* Rummage through their things *

Condoms? Lube? You got a marriage license son? " uh.... no." Oh man, you're gonna have to come with me. This is DR. Indonesia, he's going to inspect your GF for signs of premarital relations...

Seriously, anyone else going WTF?

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 10:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Hijinx

I'd like to think he enters and say Alright now, I smell sex and candy!

You're coming with meeeeeh!

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 10:11 PM
link   
Being a mostly Muslim country, this doesn’t surprise me. Nearly impossible to police it without violating everyone’s privacy. Ridiculous law. Does it apply to tourists or just Indo citizens?

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 10:16 PM
link   
It's a horrifying thought that can only be proven against women!

So what's going to happen?

A girl's hand will be asked in marriage, she must submit to a medical examination, and then if not a virgin will have five years of jail time?

Why stop there?

Cirque

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 10:42 PM
link   
I can see the marriage rate going way up, really fast.

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 10:44 PM
link   
I feel people aren't seeing how worrying this is. Indo is an islamic hotbed. If this type of mentality takes hold, how long before more stringent (sp?) laws are brought in?

And yes, it "is"only able to be proved in females, ads to the islami side of thought doesn't it. Those joking about it, think about it more.

I pose this being only a hop skip and jump (well ................ swim) south of indonesia. More islamic tightening imo

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 10:47 PM
link   
Boy, I'm sure looking forward to Islam becoming the largest religion in North America too!!!!!!!! And at the rate it's growing, it probably won't be long.

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 11:24 PM
link   
reply to post by CirqueDeTruth

You're right. This bill targets women. You don't think that any men will be arrested for violating this law do you? This is just another form of Muslim suppression of women.

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 11:24 PM
link   
I believe this only applies to people that follow the religion of Islam, (which is incredibly popular there) but does not apply to travellers or people living under another religion. Basically, it is saying "The state is Islamic" and "if you choose to follow Islam's rules, you will be punished by its punishments."

Saudi Arabia had some of that, and also had areas where foreigners could go that eased some of the tough rules that are imposed on foreigners or those of other religions. Sadly though, some crimes are still prosecuted no matter who you are or what you believe.

Rereading this article, it doesn't clarify bit does seem to point it will be for the entire population. However, no mention of tourists.

At the end of the day though, this is obviously political and will be used as a political tool. It doesn't take a genius to figure out they can't go checking hymens on the entire population, so instead, you have a powerful person who can just use this at any time... "She's a whore! Send her to jail..."

This is a power grab/power move, IMO.
edit on 21-3-2013 by boncho because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 11:28 PM
link   
The thing to remember about Indonesia is that, while roughly 80% of the population follows the teachings of Islam, much of the population is isolated from one another. Aside from the capital of Jakarta and a handful of larger cities that rely on tourism, most of the country consists of small fishing and farming villages. And most of the people living in these secluded villages are very superstitious and have a number of odd ways in which they decide to handle certain situations.

For example, back in 2010, a teenage boy in one of these villages was caught having sex with a cow. So the villagers figured the right thing to do was force the boy to marry the cow. After the forced public ceremony, they drowned the cow. Then they symbolically drowned the boy's clothing rather than actually killing him to "cleanse" the village.

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 11:59 PM
link   
reply to post by amraks

It doesn't matter if it's enforceable or even logical, this is what comes of dictatorship. The state MUST control every aspect of human life. It's nothing new and it's been seen in every tyrannical system from Hitler to Caesar.

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 12:01 AM
link   
These dumb ass answer's are what you get when moron's, too immature to commit get it on.Immature dumb ass progeny, generation after generation.The west and it's morals have sunk to a all time low.No respect , no commitment and no morals.
I'm not a muslim and I agree with the principle.Flame on, couldn't care less.

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 12:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Theimp

to islam

second

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 12:22 AM
link   
This is anti-freedom, inhuman, insane and just plain stupid. But I guess no one should be surprised since it's Islam.

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 12:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by CB328
This is anti-freedom, inhuman, insane and just plain stupid. But I guess no one should be surprised since it's Islam.

I guess Hitler and Caesar were Muslim too? All dictators are Muslim.

I'm curious, which religion do you believe? It must be a great one that has never done anything wrong... he who casts the first stone and all that.
edit on 22-3-2013 by Theimp because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 01:51 AM
link   
In principle the idea has merit as long as it applies to both male and female equally. Though Indonesia being predominately Islamic this is doubtful. Forced morality has never worked and actually has the opposite effect. One only need look at incidences of its use to prove the point. In the US they tried by outlawing alcohol, beer and hard lacquer with disastrous results. They ended up with more people drinking and becoming alcoholics during prohibition than prior to prohibition.

It would therefore be expected that premarital sex would increase rather than decrease due to it then being forbidden by law. However if the aim is to shackle women under Islamic law, than they might achieve their goal. Kind of reminds me of the way that Islam says it's the womans fault if she gets raped (even if an infant) and is punished for having premarital sex. The perpetrator on the other hand gets off free of charge, with a very light sentence or pay a fine. The woman involved can be whipped, put in prison or stoned to death. Never did understand that one.

Whats with Islam and its hatred of women? You know this proposed law is not focused on the Islamic males.
edit on 3/22/2013 by pstrron because: grammer

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join