It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama's Historic Address To The Israeli People

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 08:36 PM
link   

Clip.

Full Speech

Full Transcript of the speech

Other videos
youtu.be...
Israeli's gather in Tel Aviv to listen.
youtu.be...
Wolf Blitzer see's the speech as powerful.
youtu.be...
Obama handles heckler during speech to Israeli youth

Hate or love the man he knows how to deliver a speech that can reach the people.
edit on 21-3-2013 by cass1dy09 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 08:42 PM
link   
You post a bunch of videos without posting any real content.

I don't care if Wolf Blitzer thought the speech was historic. I don't care what Wolf Blitzer thinks about anything.

What do you think? Do you think it was historic? Why?
Then we'll be able to have a dialog.

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 08:46 PM
link   
reply to post by cass1dy09

So Obama made a "historical" speech...a speech about what exactly?

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 08:50 PM
link   
Ive assembled these for your viewing pleasure.. There are threads still made with just 1 video on here Ive tried to at least include a few as I was surprised I couldn't find his speech on here (and barely on YouTube). It's nice to take a break from all the negativity and troubles here at home and listen to something positive for a change. If I wanted to elaborate I would of dissected the transcript and included a few quotes which I suppose I should have.

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 08:52 PM
link   
reply to post by InnerPeace2012

"Israel isn't going anywhere." -BO

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 08:56 PM
link   
I watched the heckler one but didn't understand a thing he was saying.

What I really find amusing is how he goes visit both sides, Tel Aviv, then Ramallah,
tells both sides he wants a two state solution.

Given that it's his first time in the region since he was first elected...

NO ONE asks him why he vetoed the palestinian bid for state recognition at the UN ???
It's all scripted and full of propaganda for the mindless.

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 09:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by cass1dy09

"Israel isn't going anywhere." -BO

I really like to get a dialogue going on this, but without context, and for the fact that can't watch while at work, I am relying on you to at least provide a summary on what important issues may have been mentioned in the speech that we can draw some opinions from...

Peace
edit on 21-3-2013 by InnerPeace2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 09:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by slowisfast

I don't care if Wolf Blitzer thought the speech was historic. I don't care what Wolf Blitzer thinks about anything.

If Wolf Blitzer trimmed his nose and ear hair, that would be historic and note worthy dialog.

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 09:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Chrysalis

During the president’s address in Jerusalem Thursday he was interrupted by a heckler shouting about Jonathan Pollard, presumably calling for his release.

abcnews.go.com...

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 09:11 PM
link   

Highlights From Obama’s Speech in Israel:
14:06 Outlines Speech
17:29 On Hezbollah and Syria
18:36 On Iran’s Nuclear Capabilities
27:05 Path to Security
28:40 Israel and the Arab World
31:40 Palestinians and Settlements
36:15 Palestinian Leadership
40:41 Putting Pressure on Leaders

thelede.blogs.nytimes.com...

This is the best I can do for you, Im going to have to listen to it again tonight to give any deep perspective, apologies.

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 09:11 PM
link   
BarryO said, There is a 2 state solution, but the American financial situation be damned. the US will discontinue programs for their own citizens and send their hard earned tax dollars and bombs ONLY to israeli terrorists.
Two state solution is Dead Palestinians and israeli terrorists armed to the teeth.
Yet BarryO wants to take our guns, and we cannot have military grade goods...
Orwellian I know!!!

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 09:16 PM
link   

I'm not a fan of Obama... but... you're in denial right? That or we've seen 2 different us presidents going to israel this year...

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 09:19 PM
link   

Dream on. The only people that think it was historic are you, Obama the narcissist, and Wolf the Blitzed Madman. 90% of Israelis can't stand Obama and for good reason. I don't even know why Obama even went to Israel. It was a complete farce. Obama is a legend in his own mind, but the Israelis know that the real Obama is so pro-Muslim and anti-Israel and that all his teleprompter speeches are pure ש"ע) זבל, פסולת, אשפה; שטויות, הבלים

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 09:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by ProfEmeritus

Dream on. The only people that think it was historic are you, Obama the narcissist, and Wolf the Blitzed Madman. 90% of Israelis can't stand Obama and for good reason. I don't even know why Obama even went to Israel. It was a complete farce. Obama is a legend in his own mind, but the Israelis know that the real Obama is so pro-Muslim and anti-Israel and that all his teleprompter speeches are pure ש"ע) זבל, פסולת, אשפה; שטויות, הבלים

Yes...it was rubbish and because it is so anti-israel and so pro-muslim ... its because of all that that WAS HISTORIC.

I dont think you quite got the meaning of the speech... go and listen to it again. Try to understand the true meaning behind the sentences.

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 09:27 PM
link   
Wow... I'll call it historic alright. He just about pissed everyone off in some way while missing some very big issues. Over simplified and almost dumbed down to a child's level for a very complex set of issues while almost dictating what they ..both... need to be doing. Talking down to both sides, as I saw it.

I've found Obama's speaking style and general ...impact on the audience to be distracting. I'd really recommend people read the complete transcript as I just did. It probably comes across a lot clearer that way. I thought the reference to 'non-secular' to describe the recent power changes in the region to be an interesting choice of words.

I also thought it interesting he highlighted that 100 businesses in the West Bank have 50% Israeli funding. At least I'll bet that's how many over there view it. Ouch.... I'm thinking that isn't something they hang in the store window as an advertisement.

The side swipe at Netanyahu for how some don't agree with the premise for peace (well, the reference isn't hard to figure for who, anyway) was a bit low class and quite foolish. He hasn't learned a thing. Not one thing. The Supreme Court is basically his enemy to the day he leaves Office, in large part, due to his humiliating them with snarky comments at a State of the Union Speech at the start of his Presidency. At least that's how I've read it. This will cost him quite a bit more than that has, I'm thinking.

Really....... Yikes.... I got the feeling of condescension to both Arab and Israeli alike. The Arabs were chastised for being terrorists, attacking Israel and nearby nations, using Israel as a simple distraction to appease domestic issues. (OUCH! ) I'm thinking the Arabs won't have been real impressed with that observation of the situation.

Finally.. in my view, he was an idiot on how he addressed the Settler issue. Particularly saying the Settlers attack the Palestinians with impunity. Well.... First, they attack each other like the wild west out there from how I've read a good number of stories on it. Second but MOST importantly, the Israeli Government doesn't have COMPLETE control over the Settlers. Operation Price Tag is all about the Settlers fighting the IDF themselves and it's grown hard since the forced settlement evictions from Gaza. It makes for a whole THIRD element that the President didn't just ignore, but misrepresented by what he did say.

That's the bunny's take after reading the full transcript. Overall? (not having read more coverage yet) I predict this is not taken well by a great many and variety of sources.

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 09:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by FraternitasSaturni

I'm not a fan of Obama... but... you're in denial right? That or we've seen 2 different us presidents going to israel this year...

Denial? What are you talking about?

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 09:44 PM
link   

I dont think you quite got the meaning of the speech... go and listen to it again. Try to understand the true meaning behind the sentences.
reply to post by FraternitasSaturni

True meaning? Do you think Obama even understands what he spouts? He just loves to hear himself talk. News flash- Obama is the emperor without any clothes. I judge people by what they DO, not by some flowery speech that was written for him by some wide-eyed liberal. Words are cheap, actions are real. However, this country is still free (sort of) , so feel free to buy the Kool Aid,

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 10:18 PM
link   
reply to post by ProfEmeritus

I think on speeches to the local rotary club and the endless babbling P.R. appearances almost every day around the nation? No... Obama doesn't even remember what he said an hour after he leaves a venue.

On a speech like this? I think every single word was gone over and over and over again before Obama even saw it ..and then he probably went over it another few times back and forth with his professional writers to get it just so. Every president has a couple "Great" moments. Reagan and Kennedy's moments at the Berlin Wall, for instance. Bush at Ground Zero just after it happened.

I think a speech like this carries the potential to be one of those great moments for Obama or one of the biggest screw ups in his life history. He'd never go out on THIS kind of a moment with a speech he hadn't vetted, if not helped write, IMO.

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 10:20 PM
link   

Don't mind some of the people here, they'll hate Obama regardless. I was pleasantly surprised to find the reception he has received so far during his time in Israel. There are others who don't like him but ah well, that's inevitable. Frankly I feel there's no benefit between America's continued financial and military support of Israel, but hey, he has to make an appearance.

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 10:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by FraternitasSaturni

Originally posted by ProfEmeritus

Yes...it was rubbish and because it is so anti-israel and so pro-muslim ... its because of all that that WAS HISTORIC.

I agree with you. It sounded positive and it is up to Israel to be the change the world wants to see.

Time will tell I guess.

And I also agree that the prosperity he promised the Israeli's should be manifested here in the US too. He mentioned the middle class and all the great innovations and achievements that are possible through peace, education and unity but I wondered why he denies our own the same opportunity when he cut the funding for the troops... comparing what goes on here and what he promises there maybe we should all move to Israel ... I wonder if they would welcome us as readily as they accept our weapons/technology/prosperity? Seems like peace is in the air none the less but will it last?

We live in interesting times for sure. I also hope Iran will make that move to getting over the history of the world and maybe we as a species can all finally live up to our full potentials

top topics

<<   2 >>

join