Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

Man pleads guilty in beating death of Monkey at Idaho zoo.

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 05:39 PM
link   
reply to post by MystikMushroom

No kidding about zoos and or terminally stupid people. Either way, I guess. I think the stories where they stumble into a predator's cage are more poetic. If one accepts drunk people after hours and wandering a zoo will end badly for some animal, at least that one gets a last meal.

@ Thread

On the local people ... Was there something particularly vicious or violent about this? Even WITH the plea deal, he accepted a possible 7 years. Thats a looong time if locals are sympathetic and a jury likely would have seen this as less than it was. It only takes one.... So why take the deal with that much time as a free choice?

Original Article

7 years for the attempted grand theft (attempted? Thats HARSH...especially to have agreed to) and 6 months for the animal side of it, at least as the plea went. If folks are saying he was a nice kid with local sympathy and people didn't want to see him get slammed.....that agreement doesn't make sense?

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 07:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Someone up here a few years ago hopped over a fence to get closer to the polar bear...

I love the look on Binky's face. He's saying, "That's what you get for getting to close to my cage you dumb #, this is now MY shoe!"

The woman lived, but had to pay like $40,000 in hospital bills. Ah the irony.

new topics

<< 1  2   >>

join