It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Moon 2013-03-21

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 11:18 PM
link   
Awesome work! How do you track the moon?

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 11:27 PM
link   
Good video, nice clear pictures.

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 11:33 PM
link   
I am in my mid-30's and have always wanted a telescope. Today I walked into my office and one of my bosses surprised me with one. I took it out back about an hour ago and saw the moon up close for the first time. It was brilliant!!

Then, I just watched this video and it is EXCELLENT! Well job. What a strange coincidence having just received my first telescope today and all.

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 11:39 PM
link   
Very cool, thank you for sharing that

edit on 22-3-2013 by shell310 because: spelling

posted on Mar, 23 2013 @ 12:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Overtime
reply to post by NewAgeMan

Thanks for making me wonder about the moons origins, I hadn't considered it for a while but I am very skeptical a bunch of rocks from a planet collision with Earth happened to collect at that exact distance to make all that possible.

Because the moon in early earth history was much closer to the Earth (it's still moving away at about 3cm/yr)

Early Earth's

Ocean Tides..

Moved far far inland, with salt water breaking up molecular re-combinations on a continual basis, thus driving a rapid process of evolution early in earth's history.

It is only now in Earth history, however, when man has fully evolved and is capable of observation, that the moon perfectly eclipses the sun.

So the moon is like a machine or a program of sorts running a program (whether by coincidence or not) in favor of the evolution of life on earth, in it's relationship to the Earth, as well as the sun and by extension the planets.

The moon is the Rosetta stone of the planets."
—Robert Jastrow
First Chairman, NASA Lunar Exploration Committee

"The moon is the mother of the universe."
~ Ancient Egyptian saying.

Strange Moon Facts

posted on Mar, 23 2013 @ 12:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Bosb33r

Absolutely marvelous!!!!

I felt like I was the one in space moving around the moon. The music was the icing.

Thanks for that wonderful feeling and a GREAT JOB. S&F

posted on Mar, 23 2013 @ 12:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by NewAgeMan

It is only now in Earth history, however, when man has fully evolved and is capable of observation, that the moon perfectly eclipses the sun.

This fact, that the moon perfectly eclipses the sun while being eclipsed by the shadow of the earth could be seen by man not only as evidence of super-intelligent design pointing to him somehow, but as an allegory of man's relationship to the creator (first father of creation) as the reflected light. It is one, as a meaningful symbolic allegory, that I am convinced Jesus of Nazareth made use of, and then even went ahead and employed during his "great work" where the darkness at midday was a later error because of confusion surrounding the idea of a lunar eclipse which DID occur on Passover Preparation Day (in accordance with the lunar calendar) at about the right time (33AD), and as the only one visible from Jerusalem during the reign of Pontias Pilate. It appeared already rising in the beginning state of a lunar eclipse ie: blood red moon. It would therefore be a useful tool if you wanted to counfound your enemies (how did he KNOW?!). To clarify, when it rose mid afternoon, already moving into eclipse Jesus was already on the cross. So I've integrated it into my avatar.

Here I'll let this guy tell the story (trust me it's a must see, doesn't matter what you "believe" it's got to be of interest - lunar eclipse at the crucifixion)

Happy Easter everyone! (next Friday - it this theory is correct it's the actual annual celebration i.e.: not like Christmas).

NAM

Full moon - a life fully lived.. (not a half life..).

Draw near.. a sign.

edit on 23-3-2013 by NewAgeMan because: Because of Love.

posted on Mar, 23 2013 @ 12:36 AM
link   

This fact, that the moon perfectly eclipses the sun while being eclipsed by the shadow of the earth could be seen by man not only as evidence of super-intelligent design pointing to him somehow, but as an allegory of man's relationship to the creator (first father of creation).

But...only does so part of the time. More often than not it is a partial eclipse. Less often than partial, it is an annular eclipse. In fact, total eclipses occur 26.7% of the time.
www.mreclipse.com...

You know Hank Morgan used an eclipse too, right?

posted on Mar, 23 2013 @ 12:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Phage

You know Hank Morgan used an eclipse too, right?

How did he use it?

posted on Mar, 23 2013 @ 12:47 AM
link   
The moon is the midnight sun. It's a perfect reflection, to govern the night.

posted on Mar, 23 2013 @ 12:47 AM
link   

You didn't read Twain?
Morgan used the eclipse to become King Arthur's right hand man. By way of deceit...sort of.
edit on 3/23/2013 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2013 @ 01:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Interesting.. no I still have to read that (I'll add it to my list, since this is part of it I'm intrigued).

Hey Phage, out of curiously, do you know how often does a perfect lunar eclipse, and solar eclipse, occur that is visible from any given region of the habitable Earth? I can Google it if I have to.. But if you answer it, thanks.

edit on 23-3-2013 by NewAgeMan because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2013 @ 02:02 AM
link   

That's right, I forgot the moon was closer in the early days...awesome pics

posted on Mar, 23 2013 @ 02:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Overtime

If it's been moving at a steady state ([Phage would probably know or could look it up in a heartbeat), then we can multiple by 3cm/year, to get the approximage distance at year two billion let us say which would be

6,000,000,000 cm's

So... how many kilometers is that?

well there's 100 cm's in a meter and a 1000 meters in a kilometer so, um..

6,000,000,000 cms is..

60,000 km's I think.. yeah I think that's it (just subtract 00's).

So at a steady state the moon, two billion years ago was 60,000 kilometers or 37mi 496.80yds closer to the earth.

So how much IS that?

Well the moon is now 384,403 km's away, so 60,000 closer is a fairly large percentage! That's a BIG moon!

posted on Mar, 23 2013 @ 02:31 AM
link   

and in commemoration of Easter (next Friday) I would like to offer this little creation I came up with (for those who will..)

posted on Mar, 23 2013 @ 03:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Bosb33r

I am shocked.

It's still there.

posted on Mar, 23 2013 @ 04:10 AM
link   
I love these kind of videos, excellently shot, looks beautiful. makes me want to get off my arse and break out my telescope!!
Will s&f as soon as I find out how!!!

posted on Mar, 23 2013 @ 05:28 AM
link   
wtf guys?

top thread currently on ats

and ... its pics of the moon.

What The F**K is wrong with this forum

posted on Mar, 23 2013 @ 08:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Bosb33r

Man that is just amazing! Keep up the good work! Multiple stars. Hopefully people wont ruin it by posting the......OH LOOK YOU CAN SEE THE OLD GREY REFUELING BASE.

posted on Mar, 23 2013 @ 09:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Bosb33r

wow that was great MORE MORE !!!

YOU MISSED ALL THE ALIEN BASES THOUGH ^^

thanx a bunch great stuff could you do one in the day time, like when you can see the moon before it disappears?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join