It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Moon 2013-03-21

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+81 more 
posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 06:26 PM
link   
Moon 2013-03-21,
Used 2 telescopes for this video, MTO11CA and Celestron Nexstar 11" Camera Canon 550D Enjoy the Moon trip!

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 06:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Bosb33r

Probably the best video of its type I've seen - Absolutely brilliant, Thanks! S&F

Did you take lots of still frames or use the camera's movie function?
edit on 21/3/13 by Insomniac because: additional question

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 06:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Bosb33r

Lovely images and a soothing music. You should make DVD's of this and sell it.

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 06:50 PM
link   
Fantastic............"It's just like being there!"

Thank you
and great job.

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 06:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Bosb33r

Very nice Bosb!
I think it is fascinating to gaze into space, even better through a telescope.

I have a little Tasco 114mm astronomical telescope, which is fun yet frustrating, as you can't really get close to the distant stuff. ( saturn looks like an m&m lol.)

Do you have any pics of the planets that you have taken?
I am sure lots of ats'ers would love to see them.

edit on 21-3-2013 by Timely because: sp.

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 06:59 PM
link   
This... This is good stuff.

Not talking about rock lizards or anything. No claims at all to be made really.
No spiraling arguments on this one... Just good ol' documentation. Excellent....

Thank you for this quality contribution, especially amidst the exceeding lack thereof lately.

More prease.

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 07:15 PM
link   
Thank you again friend ..

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 03:29 AM
link   
beautiful.
I mean... All scientific apparatus in the world should be made public. Data accessible from this magical tool that is the internet. Free access to knowledge not downgrading low life tv crappo.
So thanks for showing us what is up there. Land of dreams and hopes and origines.
I have ot ask. In your space gazing experience, did you ever "see something" extra ordinary? I'm so curious. ; p

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 03:37 AM
link   
Thanks for sharing mate, very nice work .

I bet a fair amount of effort went into the making of this video .
As another member said . is it a butt load of still images or are you using video mode?

S&F

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 04:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Bosb33r

I HAVE TO SAY CONGRATULATIONS!

Bloody fantastic filming. Please share with us how did you make it so smooth and why did you use two different telescopes?

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 07:38 AM
link   
Good job on the video, very cool.

A question as well for anyone with some insight, I am thinking of getting one of those usb attachments for my telescope to connect to a laptop. Is the quality on these good? Any suggestions on a make/model?

My scope is decent, though not quite the level of what the OP used.

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 07:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Bosb33r

Thank you for sharing such a wonderful video.
S&F I also subscribe to your channel and can't wait to see your other videos. I could watch videos like this all day long!!

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 08:31 AM
link   
WOW thank you!!

The combination of the images and the music almost made me cry for some reason.

It's almost as if you can touch it. Simply beautiful.

Please make more and share it with us. It's amazing!

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 08:39 AM
link   
So after going through this video slide by slide I was able to find real proof of aliens on the moon! I wanted to be the first to discover said aliens as I know many will be on here shortly proclaiming that every rock is an alien in cognito. However, I have found a real honest to goodness alien hiding in a crator. He does appear to be an infant though....where is his mother?

On a serious note, I think this video was beautiful. Still can't help but wonder how the back side looks. S n F! Nice job!

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 09:16 AM
link   
Thanks Bosb33r for the close up tour of the moon. For me it brought back old memories of my involvement of mapping the moon for NASA's Apollo 'Lunar Landing Program'. Nice telescope work, thanks for the views.

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 09:40 AM
link   
That's a phenomenal job of capturing the moon.

Thanks for the share!

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 09:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Bosb33r

Great work. So close, i can almost here the birds chirping. Now to get the other side.

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 10:43 AM
link   
About 20 min ago i noticed what looked like a large star under the moon. ( Melbourne Australia ). I then watched it move towards the moon i got my view blocked by trees as i was driving. I might have seen it then above the moon for a glimps i cannot be sure. It was then gone. Anyone else see this?

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 11:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Bosb33r

That was really nice. Thanks for sharing mate!

IRM

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 11:49 AM
link   
reply to post by LordAdef

I hope the OP doesn't mind if I reply to that.

When viewing objects in space, their movement is countered by "tracking" where the telescope accounts for the motion of the earth and holds the object in view. This is best for filming distant objects using timed exposure. Here the OP is filming the moon without tracking. The higher the magnification the faster it appears to "pan" across the screen. He does change up during filming at times but the natural movement of the moon from left to right is what accounts for the smooth motion.

Two telescopes are best because you can dedicate one to camera work and the other to explore during longer exposures. Its a lonely cold vigil on a mountain top at night. The shots he compiled took a lot of hours over many nights. Sometimes clouds or wind interfere, others the object itself is not in its best viewing period. He captures the best detail near the terminator where contrast of mountains and craters is highlighted in the shadows.

Totally cool... thanks OP!

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join