It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The world has become confusing and divided...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 05:06 PM
link   
The world has become confusing and divided. Mankind has lost its bearing and seems adrift. We as a collective need to find safe harbor and anchor ourselves to something more than chasing the cheese. We know something has gone wrong, but we keep our heads down and sigh "that's just the way it is" well it does not have to be like this.

Refuse to go quietly into the dark. make a stand and say
I am a HUMAN BEING, not a human resource. I am NOT something that corporate America can just use because I am a world unto myself and I am more than just a consumer, because I have hope, I have dreams and I love. We need to back the machine down or the machine will eat us.

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 05:09 PM
link   
The people who control us are in our day to day lives, they live among us.

They are your father, mother, brother and sister, uncles, aunts, grandparents.

They wake up everyday and go to their jobs just like anyone.

But they make choices, for everyone, without consent.
They are given knowledge to work with that you and I are not privy to.
And it is in their best interest and of the interest of their collective agenda to keep it away from prying eyes, especially of the family.

This could all stop with a global family intervention..

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 05:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by yourmaker
This could all stop with a global family intervention..

I love the concept! A global family intervention...it does not divide us either.

I know its not much, not even worth a day old doughnut but here is a star for you.

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 05:22 PM
link   
Has mankind ever had its bearing?
It is very much time though to stand up and say enough is enough. Never was it said better than here, and this was forty years ago...

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 05:26 PM
link   
reply to post by LoneGunMan

Cough Cough**

It is in my opinion that a significantly large portions of American's are finding themselves experiencing "normlessness" or anomie resulting in the current overwhelmingly apparent division amongst individuals.

Contributing to this:
Conflicting swings between social norms, revelations in regards to government practices and corporate practices
- From financial responsibility, oaths, and ignorance of means- to greed, corruption, and/or bias relationships that undermined the perception of intended integrity of our social structures.

Thanks to social media, investigative reporting, and whistle-blowers man revelations have taken place that shed light on the reality of the Wall Street's responsibility to only share-holders and heads receiving what has appeared to be unwarranted large amounts of money via bonuses every year while even investors take a hit. A major conflict has now manifested between most individuals and perceived norms, for many individuals do not hold such practices in high moral regard as it in a social sense removes altruism and empathy. This paradigm then is conducive to social alienation.

Conflicts between defense strategies, their necessity, morality and cost in both lives and monetary.
- From engaging terrorists in other countries, homeland security and privacy- to defining targets, gun control and the societal authoritarian conflict that arises in the relationships between 'the watchers' and families in their homes.

The world is full of bad guys, we know it, and it was drilled into us by MSM. As problematic that defense and threat assessment intrinsically is, it is when military endeavors are carried out in a haphazard fashion, transparency has disappeared, and policies become more aggressive that American's are rendered practically unable to clearly identify with what norms have been newly established through progressiveness. With the bombardment of reports of threats that American's face, and loose or even inaccurate definitions of who they are(international terrorists, and now homegrown) it becomes even more difficult for citizens to accurately identify an enemy to our nation, to themselves and choose the means of dealing with them. Then, to swear by an oath that politicians, law and so forth do, claiming to uphold and protect the constitution becomes incredibly difficult when politicians pledge to remove guns from the streets. This plays yet again a pivotal role with anomie and alienation, because one's ability to address self-preservation is seemingly being threatened.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Remove the suicidal attribute of anomie and I'd say many are close... although, reports of suicides on the rise over the past decade seems to make the aspect of suicide still relevant.

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 05:37 PM
link   
reply to post by LoneGunMan

You're sounding like the Charlie Chaplain speech. Indeed... One of my favorite, in fact.

I always seem to find a slightly different variation of this, but it never fails to move me to listen to it. It's amazing how long ago it was written, too. So timely and accurate to this very day. Anyway...Even your title just about comes out of it, word for word.

For anyone who hasn't had the pleasure? I think this fits so well with the OP here...it's worth every second to hear through to the end.

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 05:52 PM
link   
The more there are of anything, the less it's perceived value.

We'll balance out, and your dream will be realized, but not before most perish.

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 07:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

I forgot how good that speech was. Thank you for bringing back to light for me.

"You are not machine men, with machine minds and machine hearts you are not cattle, you are men"

It made me weep at the powerfulness of these words and how he delivered them. Great stuff. It should be required viewing in every school.

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 08:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

I absolutely adore Mr. Chaplin's speech.

It blows my mind how relevant it is to the world today.

'You are not machines, you are not cattle, you are men!'

To everyone: If you haven't had the privilege of watching the video that Mr. Wrabbit posted, please take the three minutes out of your day to do so. You won't be sorry.

top topics

join