It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

female circumcision is “an aesthetic surgery”.

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 08:38 PM
link   
Doing this to protect the honor of the male relatives, pfffft
. Well I have a better solution, how about getting all the males that believe in this mutilation and remove their testicles and penis for aesthetics and to prevent such stupidity from breeding. Thus their "honor" is preserved and the gene pool is cleansed of such idiots. I'm sure they will be happy with their new look. Not to mention that the ladies would then be free to find husbands that would love them and not treat them like dogs.

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 11:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by littled16
I wonder what would happen if the women of the region decided it would be more aesthetic for males to...

My culture decided my penis needed to be trimmed without consent and it is not uncommon to hear women state they prefer that aesthetic.

Ok... please note:
- I'm replying to/illuminating something very specific.
- I'm not suggesting making two wrongs into a right.
- I'm not suggesting stabbing someone is identical to shooting them in the head.
edit on 22-3-2013 by ErgoTheConclusion because: ...

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 12:11 AM
link   
reply to post by ErgoTheConclusion

But let me ask, was your penis removed? Can you enjoy sex? Do you know what's involved in Female circumcision ? Could the topic of male circumcision be actually off topic here?

Ok you may not have be asked, you may feel apart of you is missing or you may feel robbed of any decision. I'm not saying male circumcision is right but surly you can see the 2 can not compare not really.

I as I'm sure most would be equally horrified to find a religious group or ethnic group removing penises from baby boys just for aesthetic reasons. And really we all know its about sexual suppression.

Does not every human being have the right in this world for enjoyable and satisfying if they so choose? These poor girls what a hell of a life.

And after the hell of mutilation, to be cut open for sex and child birth and lastly be asstrosissed from their homes and community because the constantly leak urine. And all this before most hit the ripe old age of 20.
edit on 22-3-2013 by feelingconnected because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 12:37 AM
link   
If the Australian Aborigines had practiced this #, or the North American Natives, would it still be going on? Why do we tolerate Africans doing it?

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 08:02 AM
link   
Cruel beyond words.

Why doesn't the international community speak out against this practice in the strongest possible terms

It seems to me these men are sick in the head. To injure a child is never acceptable.Ever.

Culture doesn't excuse this one iota.This is evil behaviour on the part of the perpetrators. Pure Evil.

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 08:13 AM
link   
I'm always surprised by how much effort it takes to be stupid.

Seems just leaving things to be would be the natural state. No effort is required and things remain as they were intended.

I guess huge swaths of people have absolutely nothing better to do than cut and burn each other?

That goes for the lunatics who hack foreskin away in the so-called first-world as well.

The same people who are arrested for putting a tattoo on their kid are encouraged to hack parts off by medical professionals. At least the tattoo can be removed. Try putting the skin back.

Leave each other alone people. FFS.

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 08:18 AM
link   
Male circumcision is the same thing, if you don't have it you don't know what it does.

- It makes your nerves less dry and less sensitive, mainly because it gets rubbed on to the pants and eventually lose sensitiveness, so yes they can still have the orgasm just not what it suppose to have.

- it has many nerves that gets cut.

- 85% of the world is uncircumcised

- Aids intercourse without lube.

- Protect from urethral infection, prevents poop from going into urethra.

- females are told being circumcised looks good, having absolute no knowledge of it what so ever, in America anyway.

- stem from religious ritual to "tradition"

- Early religious ideologies in order to keep males from spilling seeds. *its harder to masturbate without foreskin*

- babies that endure the pain gets traumatic nerve shock, that is known to make them more sensitive to pain.

- Many men are doing foreskin re surgery. That if they had a choice at the time of cutting, they would like to be fully intact.

- Obvious double standard. "Male mutilation is A-OK"

There are many studies against and for circumcision. But circumcised sample size so small(pun intended!) that it is never consistant.
edit on 3/22/2013 by luciddream because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 08:47 AM
link   
reply to post by daryllyn

Here is part of the problem,

The foundation holds the event in the lunar month of the Prophet Muhammad's birthday, and pays parents 80,000 rupiah (£6) and a bag of food for each daughter they bring to be cut.

I wonder how much of this is religion vrs. money?

Disgusting!

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 08:57 AM
link   
Male circumsision is not off topic and entirely relevant to this discussion. I believe that both types of genital mutilation should be banned. How funny that women are quick to defend the mutilation of males. Why do we not stand to gether and say that cutting the genitals of either sex at birth or shortly after is wrong? Why can we not say that modifying a persons body should not be done without that persons consent, whether it be male or female?

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 09:02 AM
link   
Wow, what is this craziness??
I had to pass this tidbit on to my Tunisian husband. He had a proper response that I can't include here without being in violation of the terms of service.
Just to make it clear, Tunisia is definitely not like that. I hope they make it clear to this disturbing individual that he should have no place making important decisions, such as crafting the constitution!

And just to put my own two cents in, I am firmly against any mutilation whatsoever in both genders! I insisted my son not be circumcised. His body is his body.
edit on 22-3-2013 by bastet11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 09:03 AM
link   
I don't see how it would become more aesthetically pleasing, it's already perfect at it is and for male circumcision this is done due to some health reasons.

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 09:23 AM
link   
reply to post by marhaba

Umm, no its not, its just an excuse use it have it done. Yes there is heath reason where it can be done, but it is done not because of that, because condition like phimosis, where the opening is small, occurs very rarely. over 5.5 billion people are uncircumcised, they should all be suffering from it if its common.

Its similar to saying hey, if i leave my ears lobs alone, i can get infection on it, lets chop it off.

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 09:29 AM
link   
I watched a documentary about this a while ago and they mentioned that "some" of the mutilation stems from the high rape amount that happened in the olden days [and still nowadays]. Basically they sew their women up and only left a little hole, too small to penetrate.

Having said that, that is only one origin of the sowing up. However, whatever their 'reasoning', it is still down to men not learning restraint. In Africa especially. Another documentary showed women in [Kenya?], who get raped daily, as soon as they walk to the fields they work in. There are shelters for these women but rape seems to be the norm.

Isn't it time to dish out some serious punishment to those freaks that call themselves 'men' who do these kind of things, rather than mutilate the females?

Oh and whilst I find male circumcision quite horrible [both the act and the outcome], it is by far not as bad as having your clitoris cut off with a rusty blade, or your labia cut off and the rest sown together with dirty needles and thread.

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 09:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by daryllyn
reply to post by 0zzymand0s

How do you feel about the foreskin?

Removal of the foreskin does not completely rob the man of the ability to have an orgasm as removing the clitoris would.

The clitoris is not required to achieve orgasm.

However these barbarians think it is.

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 09:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by grey580
You can't fix stupid.
And people suffer for it.
smh.

Stupid like this generally can be fixed, with a .357 to the back of the head. The bleeding hearts will always complain about this quick and easy solution though

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 10:03 AM
link   
Benefits of FGM -

Female circumcision has not been prescribed for no reason, rather there is wisdom behind it and it brings many benefits. Mentioning some of these benefits, Dr. Haamid al-Ghawaabi says:
The secretions of the labia minora accumulate in uncircumcised women and turn rancid, so they develop an unpleasant odour which may lead to infections of the vagina or urethra. I have seen many cases of sickness caused by the lack of circumcision.
Circumcision reduces excessive sensitivity of the clitoris which may cause it to increase in size to 3 centimeters when aroused, which is very annoying to the husband, especially at the time of intercourse.
Another benefit of circumcision is that it prevents stimulation of the clitoris which makes it grow large in such a manner that it causes pain.
Circumcision prevents spasms of the clitoris which are a kind of inflammation.

freethoughtblogs.com...

Benefits of male circumcision -

Since 2005, the AAP says that recent scientific evidence shows compellingly what the benefits of circumcision are. The AAP's Taskforce on Circumcision explained in Pediatrics that after reviewing recent studies, the health benefits of circumcision include a lower risk of acquiring or developing:
Syphilis
Genital herpes
HIV Human papilloma vírus
Penile cancer
Urinary tract infection during the first 12 months of an infant's life
Reduces the risk of cervical cancer in men's sexual partners
A report published by the American Cancer Society demonstrated that males who are circumcised have a 15% lower risk of developing prostate cancer if the procedure is carried out before their first sexual intercourse.

www.medicalnewstoday.com...

Men get some skin snipped, women get the whole thing removed, big difference. Imagine having the whole head of your penis removed and only a pee hole left at the end of your stub. Not cool, right? Now imagine having your penis sewed to your balls so that it stays down and you can't insert it........now we are getting close to the damage done to women.

I am against any snipping of anything on a human just for the record, but these acts are not equal.
edit on 22-3-2013 by Doodle19815 because: To add sources

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 10:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Doodle19815

Of course they are not equal, women circumcision is extreme, but male also effects them they just don't realize it because they never had it to begin with.

How are you suppose to tell the difference if you rights were taken away without your permission, and the decision your parents made which you have to live with.

The benefits of circumcisions are heavily debatable, most American based research would be pro-circumcision, because circumcision is only the majority in America and Israel. You can find equivalent research indicating the opposite(done in America as well). Parents pass the tradition of doing down the family and not sure why they do it other than the fact it is the norm around here.

In Most other countries the procedure is seen as silly.

Penn and Teller does a very nice way of explaining it. It even has a couple with split decision. Wife doesn't want some to be ostracized while husband thinks even if its like that, having everything that you are born with is natural.

American Medical Association has this as conclusion "no significant differences between circumcised and uncircumcised men in their likelihood of contracting sexually transmitted diseases."

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 10:43 AM
link   
reply to post by luciddream

It was my choice to be circumcised and so do others i know before and after me. As for the difference on how it feels using it, i don't know, maybe it's all in my mind but snipping some foreskin seems to make it more sensitive for me. I can't subscribe to that theory it destroyed more nerve cells because the sensation is still the same.

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 10:47 AM
link   
reply to post by paratus

The clitoris is not required to achieve orgasm.

However these barbarians think it is.

Show me some evidence on that statement. And, not from Freud.

I understand that scientifically we know that the clitoral tissue extends farther than originally thought, it is still vital to the female sexual experience and essentially the female equivalent of the penis in terms of nerve endings.

edit on 22-3-2013 by daryllyn because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 10:51 AM
link   
ummmm..... the cut what!!!?????

WTF man.....
WTF

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join