Too many North Korea threads on ATS!!!

page: 1

join

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 03:08 PM
link   
I'm probably alone here, but I'm really getting sick of ALL the North Korean threads we're seeing on ATS every 5 minutes... I swear, its like every time Little Kim makes any sort of comment of threat someone on ATS starts a thread about it and then the same comments seem to follow "false threats" "saber rattling" blah blah blah....Maybe I'm the only one getting annoyed by this....

Personally, it would be nice if the mods would just combine all the NK threat threads into one big thread instead of having 5000 NK threads out there now...

This is the rant forum, I'm annoyed, that is all...

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 03:11 PM
link   
awawawaw, way to go, making one more!
edit on 21-3-2013 by camaro68ss because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 03:12 PM
link   
reply to post by camaro68ss

It had to be said, small sacrifice for change... and touche
edit on 21-3-2013 by jhn7537 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 03:13 PM
link   
reply to post by jhn7537

IMO There's too many pointless ranting threads on here too

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 03:16 PM
link   
reply to post by TedHodgson

Thanks for the response!

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 03:19 PM
link   
reply to post by jhn7537

We typically do. Did you use the Alert feature, to alert the mods, with the forum/s in question? Bet you didn't.....

Nice Lo Pan avatar...
edit on 21-3-2013 by Gazrok because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 03:20 PM
link   
I just made one............about 25 seconds ago!

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 03:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

Big Trouble little China all the way!!!

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 03:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Just Chris
I just made one............about 25 seconds ago!

Not surprised, I wasnt joking when i said every 5 minutes...

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 03:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by jhn7537
I'm probably alone here, but I'm really getting sick of ALL the North Korean threads we're seeing on ATS every 5 minutes... I swear, its like every time Little Kim makes any sort of comment of threat someone on ATS starts a thread about it and then the same comments seem to follow "false threats" "saber rattling" blah blah blah....Maybe I'm the only one getting annoyed by this....

Personally, it would be nice if the mods would just combine all the NK threat threads into one big thread instead of having 5000 NK threads out there now...

This is the rant forum, I'm annoyed, that is all...

I actually tend to agree with you. I think one of Kim's greatest motivations is attention and sympathy for more food and energy aid. Paying attention to his every comment and threat is feeding the beast and giving him encouragement.

On the other hand, to be fair, this isn't some crazy old man on the sidewalk spouting nonsense about "The End is Near!" Kim is a little more serious by having the means to actually carry out all but his most outrageous ones.

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 03:33 PM
link   
Thing is, ATS, for as many free thinkers as there are here, still falls victim to the pushing of propaganda that goes on these days. Whether it be NK, Iran, Dorner, whatever.

For all the crying about the MSM that goes on on this site, the thread trends sure do mimic the MSM topics of the moment.

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 03:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by captaintyinknots
Thing is, ATS, for as many free thinkers as there are here, still falls victim to the pushing of propaganda that goes on these days. Whether it be NK, Iran, Dorner, whatever.

For all the crying about the MSM that goes on on this site, the thread trends sure do mimic the MSM topics of the moment.

The fact of the matter is, without the mainstream media, they wouldn't BE an ATS!

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 03:41 PM
link   

The fact of the matter is, without the mainstream media, they wouldn't BE an ATS!

Maybe, maybe not, but that's neither here nor there to the point I was making.

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 03:48 PM
link   

Maybe, maybe not, but that's neither here nor there to the point I was making.

As much as we'd love every thread to be completely unique in character, this simply cannot be the case.

This doesn't make ATS money. However, repetitive MSN news articles do! This ultimately explains why we'll continue to see lots of similarly related threads.

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 03:50 PM
link   
It's 2013 and the elections are over... that means that 93% of our members are looking for new things to discuss - and the remaining 7% are either totally convinced that the government is projecting thoughts into their minds, that they get kidnapped by kinky aliens every so often, or that a picture of a raccoon at night might just be the bigfoot disclosure we've all been waiting for,

ATS has always been this way. Any big story will blow up to the point where it could use it's own forum. That lasts for a few weeks or even a month or two until the next big story happens and takes over the mantle of "posted too damn much".

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 03:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Hefficide

Nicely put Hefficide!

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 03:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Hefficide

So to sum up with Hefficide says....

"Quit moaning, it's just another day on ATS!"

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 04:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Just Chris

Actually I was foreshadowing my next thread... about the other night when the NSA was projecting ideas into my head, I walked outside to try and make the noise stop, got hit by this weird light, started floating upward, and as I was being sucked into the UFO I saw a creature with giant feet and a striped tail....

The follow up to that thread is already finished in draft form and is entitled "The Probing and the Pain".

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 04:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hefficide
ATS has always been this way. Any big story will blow up to the point where it could use it's own forum. That lasts for a few weeks or even a month or two until the next big story happens and takes over the mantle of "posted too damn much".

What an excellent idea. The "Posted too Damn Much" thread.

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 04:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by BritofTexas

Originally posted by Hefficide

What an excellent idea. The "Posted too Damn Much" thread.

Better still, a "Posted too Damm Much" forum?!

Make it so any threads voluntarily posted in here, or moved into it by mods are barred from appearing on the 'New Topics' page.

top topics

join

Haters, Bigots, Partisan Trolls, Propaganda Hacks, Racists, and LOL-tards: Time To Move On.
read more: Community Announcement re: Decorum