It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

70 Year Old DUMB Entrance in Southern Idaho?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 12:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by abeverage

Oh and I have a question about Southern Idaho...why is so damn windy down there? hehe
edit on 22-3-2013 by abeverage because: (no reason given)

It's windy because Northern Nevada sucks

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 12:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Elostone

Originally posted by abeverage

Oh and I have a question about Southern Idaho...why is so damn windy down there? hehe
edit on 22-3-2013 by abeverage because: (no reason given)

It's windy because Northern Nevada sucks

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 12:48 PM
link   
reply to post by abeverage

First of all, yes the Broncos Stadium at BSU has blue turf. The broncos are the winningest team in college footbal BTW. We got rid of the white supremacists in Hayden Lake and surrounding areas years ago. Also everyone seems to forget that an area larger than area 51 exists and is shrouded in mystery, it is called The Idaho National Lab and is located near the small town of Arco. Very strange things going on out there.
We dont hate Californians but really really dont like it when they come up here and buy an out of state hunting license and proceed to shoot at anything that moves when they never should even own a hunting rifle or shotgun. I was peppered by a Californian hunting quail who shot at me when he didnt have a clear line of sight.
We also dont like the herion, coc aine and meth that comes from there.
I have only heard one or two stories about Satan worshipping here and it almost always involves methamphetamine crazed junkies.
Anyone that says Idaho is a very scary place is just plain stupid. It is one of the most beautiful states in the lower 48 and has more hot springs ( which are just awesome ) than anywhere else in the world. We have one of the best colleges for the sciences in the country (Idaho State University) .
So I would suggest visiting my beautiful state before you trash talk it.
edit on 3/22/2013 by unsteadystate because: (no reason given)

edit on 3/22/2013 by unsteadystate because: Add content and spelling

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 12:48 PM
link   
Nothing really to see here.. I grew up in the Burley/Rupert area. Though it is a high concentration of drug traffic due to its point between SLC and Boise, Portland and Seattle.

The baby 'X' thing was suspected to be related to satanic activities. This area was in the flight paths of planes coming out of Area 51, and had very high instances of sonic booms in the 80's, but other than that was a pretty boring place.

The area is highly volcanic and has several caves underground both north of Burley and South of Rupert, however there is no way there was an underground base close to Ore-Ida, which also shut down in the late 80's early 90's.

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 12:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by unsteadystate

First of all, yes the Broncos Stadium at BSU has blue turf. The broncos are the winningest team in college footbal BTW. We got rid of the white supremacists in Hayden Lake and surrounding areas years ago. Also everyone seems to forget that an area larger than area 51 exists and is shrouded in mystery, it is called The Idaho National Lab and is located near the small town of Arco. Very strange things going on out there.

Dont really see how its "strange things" going on out there, or what about it is "shrouded in mystery". It is one of the nation's most advanced nuclear research facilities. Yeah, there's "secret" stuff that goes on there, just like at any other facility of that sort (Los Alamos, etc).

As a side note, the turf as BSU is cool and blue and all, but that stuff HURT to play on during high school games in the early 90s. Good thing they have newer stuff on there now.

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 01:05 PM
link   
Idaho.... did I read something about 'vortecies' in Idaho? The Idaho Stargate or something like that....

Don't have much time to research right now but.... might be cool to look into.

...and yeah. As someone above mentioned.... Idaho is beautiful.

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 01:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by flyswatter

Originally posted by NewsWorthy

I can 100% without a doubt tell you that Lake Pon D Oreille (Ponderay) has a secret sub base.. I have been there and even took a few pics from a mtn top out in Sagle... Funny thing Actually, I had pics of a small submersible stealth gunship that even had a small landing pad, They had it in port back in 2004. And last year I seen it on the cover of popular science with a claim that they'll be operational by 2020 or something like that

Posted something else that didnt sound right, so let me rephrase it.

The Navy does testing there, but the base is no secret. The Navy's ARD does work there because of the depth of the lake.

I will say that the lake is a beautiful area. Just a bit too middle-of-nowhere for me to be on an every day basis though.

edit on 22-3-2013 by flyswatter because: (no reason given)

Yeah it's BFE that's for sure... Lol everyone up there speaks of Spokane as the big city and I thought it was a crack town in the armpit of washington.
But back to the topic, as far as I know it actually is a secret base outside Garfield Bay. The locals know its there and that makes it impossible to deny really. I think they learned that lesson with Area 51... But you aren't allowed anywhere near it on or off the water. And Most the time everything has floating aerial covering/garages on the docks to keep prying eyes out. As far as I was told by locals when I lived in Sandpoint, you are not allowed stop an fish within eyesight of theirHarbor. You can pass by at a certain distance but the base is positioned so far from any gas station/harbor that your average small craft isn't going there anyways. (Mine couldn't) the ones that can usually stay out by the long bridge and the islands by the green monarchs. I always wondered what's on the pretty inaccessible back half of the lake...

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 01:17 PM
link   

I can 100% without a doubt tell you that Lake Pon D Oreille (Ponderay) has a secret sub base.. I have been there and even took a few pics from a mtn top out in Sagle... Funny thing Actually, I had pics of a small submersible stealth gunship that even had a small landing pad, They had it in port back in 2004. And last year I seen it on the cover of popular science with a claim that they'll be operational by 2020 or something like that

Posted something else that didnt sound right, so let me rephrase it.

The Navy does testing there, but the base is no secret. The Navy's ARD does work there because of the depth of the lake.

I will say that the lake is a beautiful area. Just a bit too middle-of-nowhere for me to be on an every day basis though.

Yeah it's BFE that's for sure... Lol everyone up there speaks of Spokane as the big city and I thought it was a crack town in the armpit of washington.
But back to the topic, as far as I know it actually is a secret base outside Garfield Bay. The locals know its there and that makes it impossible to deny really. I think they learned that lesson with Area 51... But you aren't allowed anywhere near it on or off the water. And Most the time everything has floating aerial covering/garages on the docks to keep prying eyes out. As far as I was told by locals when I lived in Sandpoint, you are not allowed stop an fish within eyesight of theirHarbor. You can pass by at a certain distance but the base is positioned so far from any gas station/harbor that your average small craft isn't going there anyways. (Mine couldn't) the ones that can usually stay out by the long bridge and the islands by the green monarchs. I always wondered what's on the pretty inaccessible back half of the lake...

Outside of Garfield Bay would make sense, since the "southern" part of the lake (really more the central part) is where they do a majority of their testing. I dont imagine people are allowed in close proximity of it, but they dont really try to make a "secret" about what they do there. The Navy ARD and the NSWC do submarine acoustics testing there with large-scale models of their newest submarines. This tests trackability, stealth technology, etc. Here's a place to read some of the more public information about it:
www.ss563.org...

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 01:27 PM
link   
reply to post by flyswatter

Have you ever been out there? I have been right up to the fence on many occassions and I have seen things that I cannot explain on more than one occasion.
There is other research going on out there that might include anything. No one knows. We are talking about almost a thousand square miles of VERY highly patrolled and secured area. Rumor has it that there is an entire hidden underground base that can only be accessed from inside the fence.
I have talked to many residents of the areas around the facility and every one of them has seen or heard things that they could not explain.

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 01:42 PM
link   
I also grew up in southern Idaho the Twin Falls/Buhl area.

While I have heard stories about satanists in the area I had never actually encountered anything like that.

I have had many UFO sightings in the area though and have taken some odd chemtrail photos wherein the aircraft dispersing the aerosols was following a very distinct black line in the sky, something the likes of which I have never seen again.

My friend has recently had a very strange experience in Twin Falls dealing with the synthetic marijuana trade that was all the rage in the are a few years ago. now let me say I don't exactly buy this story but I do know that people have been gang stalked and electronically harrassed before, these are some of the things he told me via facebook messages:

So...apparently word got out that I was the ******* that went to the feds about the synthetic marijuana operation and got the raid started. Uhm...I've been the victim of psychological warfare, I've been handed cigarettes with white powder and yellow spots on them...my left hand is numb...my head hurts...I'm frozen, broke, and stranded in the middle of Missouri. I have a charge to get taken care of in my home state among other things, but I have gang members waiting for me there and they'll kill me if I go back. Hell, my own dad tried to carry out a hit on me. Someone must've paid my friends and family off to **** me over because they did. Hard. I think I'm being watched by secret agents for some reason but I'm not sure. I called the FBI and they couldn't tell me anything...My phone is hacked...I think entire countries are pissed off at me, as well as anonymous, gangs, and even members of our own government. Sheriffs refer to me as 56654. Effed. They pick me up and take me to truck stops and instruct me to get on a truck. I tried going to one lawyer. They refused to help me. I called another lawyer and told them who I was and they hung up on me. I try to tell the police what is going on and they ask me if I need to see a doctor...

Someone had me read off the CIA access prompt...someone else handed me a radio and asked me to disassemble it. Another person handed me a wireless usb adapter... Doesn't seem good... I've also had people come up to me and say 'Do you know that some countries' entire economy is based on drugs?'

I had one guy come up to me and try to walk me through the steps of changing my identity and told me I'd better get to a small town in the middle of nowhere. Then he said to me 'Do you know there's a person above the president, but he doesn't make himself known?' Uh-oh.

Also...I've been having apocalyptic dreams and seeing the number 13 everywhere. I think God is looking out for me because I'm so ****ed. I'd head west if I were everyone. Gonna be a bad, bad bad storm not just on the east coast but in the midwest. I foresee a winter storm converging with the hurricane in the midwest leading to a crapton of tornadoes. You've been warned. But...uh, what do I do about the giant cluster**** I'm in?-

Conversation was started on October 29th 2012

Now, all this comes from my friend of almost five years a man that I have NEVER known to talk about stuff like this, in fact, I used to try and get him into conspiracies and stuff like that but he always said I was crazy.

come to think of it I might just start a thread about him and all this stuff he has possibly been going through, it's wierd to me that one day out of the blue he would just message me on FB with all this stuff and basically seem to go off the deep end, whats worse is I haven't heard from him in months.

well thats my wierd Idaho story!

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 01:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by unsteadystate

Have you ever been out there? I have been right up to the fence on many occassions and I have seen things that I cannot explain on more than one occasion.
There is other research going on out there that might include anything. No one knows. We are talking about almost a thousand square miles of VERY highly patrolled and secured area. Rumor has it that there is an entire hidden underground base that can only be accessed from inside the fence.
I have talked to many residents of the areas around the facility and every one of them has seen or heard things that they could not explain.

I've been on and through the INL on multiple occasions. Much of it is fenced, but there is also plenty of the area owned by the INL that they dont even bother to fence, due to no need for it. They have more than one active nuclear research reactors there, spent fuel ponds, etc.

Underground "base" out there? Well, if you consider that they have part of their facilities under ground level, sure. Not really what you'd call a "base", but call it what you will. As a partially DoD controlled nuclear research facility, there are absolutely things being researched out there that we are not privvy to, just as you would expect at any facility of that sort. Fun bit of trivia for you though - they do have some of the remnants of the first attempt at a nuclear-powered aircraft, and it is all housed in a building that is visible from the freeway.

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 01:45 PM
link   
reply to post by unsteadystate

I've been there, well close to there... I never made down to the facility itself for a few reasons.
#1 being I was told don't do it by friends, unless I wanna end up in Airway Heights...
But I drove the fire trails during the summer a lot and totally agree that it's heavily patrolled area. Most of which is gated, but some places I was able to park and backpack in a ways. I didn't really do it to get views of their base or nothing like that. Mostly I just liked exploring remote places. Sometimes I come across these little pools with giant Dolly Varden swimming around which to being from California was INCREDIBLE! Also honestly I was hoping to see a Bigfoot but that's another Story.
Anyways out there fishing mirror pond and mirror lake at night I have seen stuff in the sky's. An also when I was staying at my uncles house up in Clark Fork.

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 01:48 PM
link   
reply to post by CagliostroTheGreat

He's been hitting way too much peyote. Or weed, or spice, of heroin. Or all of the above.

Although I must say, watching people base jump off of the bridge outside of Twin is pretty entertaining. Still want to golf on the course down below, too.

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 02:00 PM
link   

yeah, the BASE thing is pretty unhinged up there, but more people died building the Perrine than have died from basing it.

My friend though was not actually involved in the the synthetic marijuana ordeal he swore to me he had nothing to do with even turning the people (his wife's uncle) in to the feds.

trust me though, this guy is not on drugs, maybe pharmeceuticals but certainly not heroin.
unless of course he just became a hardcore drug user in the last few years, which I admit is possible but i don't think that is the case. I mean I asked if he wanted to partake in circle, think That 70's Show (not sure if i can even say that, sorry mods) but he refused.
edit on 22-3-2013 by CagliostroTheGreat because: to add

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 02:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by mzinga
however there is no way there was an underground base close to Ore-Ida, which also shut down in the late 80's early 90's.

Where did you get that? It sounds like you skimmed the OP and picked out a few words here and there and stitched it together into an entirely new story.

No one claimed there was an "underground base" at the Ore-Ida factory as far as I can tell. If I read it correctly (which I'm sure I did as they were pretty simple words) it said "the A&P building" (? & Processing Building) at the Ore-Ida plant was considered, at one time, as a contingency facility for future use. It also seemed pretty clear this was part of a mish-mash of side observations, not related to the DUMB.

in 1987 the Ore-Ida Foods factory in Burley was vetted by the federal government for use as an auxiliary command and control facility to be activated in the event of a national emergency, part of a continuity-of-government program suspended after the Cold War. It’s unknown if it was ultimately selected for that purpose.

also ...

I think you may have bounded in here with the intent of being the rational one who blew apart all this crazy conspiracy thinking, but the OP itself took an extremely skeptical of the whole thing (I'd personally disagree with that skeptical view, but whatever) ...

This verdict aside, what seems to be the most likely explanation for the confusing sequence of events surrounding Haycock’s death is that he was a drug addict who overdosed, the “mutilation” was caused by a wire tie-off used for IV drug injection, the unidentified woman seen in his company before he died was a girlfriend, the objections of the Sheriff for the holding of an early inquest may have been for mundane reasons and the missing inquest files are simply a matter of shoddy record keeping by a former Coroner.

... so, I dunno, maybe we could keep comments topical and interesting moving forward? Thanks.
edit on 22-3-2013 by walliswallis because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 04:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by CagliostroTheGreat

yeah, the BASE thing is pretty unhinged up there, but more people died building the Perrine than have died from basing it.

My friend though was not actually involved in the the synthetic marijuana ordeal he swore to me he had nothing to do with even turning the people (his wife's uncle) in to the feds.

trust me though, this guy is not on drugs, maybe pharmeceuticals but certainly not heroin.
unless of course he just became a hardcore drug user in the last few years, which I admit is possible but i don't think that is the case. I mean I asked if he wanted to partake in circle, think That 70's Show (not sure if i can even say that, sorry mods) but he refused.
edit on 22-3-2013 by CagliostroTheGreat because: to add

Then I would test him for signs of heat stroke or paranoid schizophrenia, hehe.

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 04:17 PM
link   
He said close to, not at.

Would love to see what people think is a DUMB entrance though. Next thing we know, they're going to tell me that there is a DUMB entrance at the stadium, somewhere under the blue turf.

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 04:32 PM
link   

Nowhere in the OP did it say an underground base was "close to" Ore-Ida.

The Ore-Ida reference was totally unrelated to the question of the DUMB.

Originally posted by flyswatterWould love to see what people think is a DUMB entrance though. Next thing we know, they're going to tell me that there is a DUMB entrance at the stadium, somewhere under the blue turf.

I just checked Google Maps. Boise State University is 166 miles from Burley, ID.

I would appreciate it if you would please make the choice to limit your comments to the topic of this thread. One option, if you would like to discuss your theories about DUMBs in Boise, or your experiences golfing in Twin Falls, or your high school football career, or any of the other topics you've introduced in this thread, is to start a new thread about those topics. This is a thread about a specific topic; it is not a generalist Idaho travel tips thread. Thanks in advance for your kind cooperation.

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 04:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by walliswallis

Originally posted by flyswatterWould love to see what people think is a DUMB entrance though. Next thing we know, they're going to tell me that there is a DUMB entrance at the stadium, somewhere under the blue turf.

I just checked Google Maps. Boise State University is 166 miles from Burley, ID.

I would appreciate it if you would please make the choice to limit your comments to the topic of this thread. One option, if you would like to discuss your theories about DUMBs in Boise, is to start a thread about that. Thank you.

The article you referenced is what made mention of Ore Ida in Burley, that is why he brought it up. Drawing logical conclusions, one can say that saying anything near Burley is also near Ore Ida. Chill out bubba

And if you dont want certain things discussed, such as this whole "close to Ore Ida" thing, you should probably make sure that the article that YOU link to does not make mention of it.

Conclusion of the 70 year old entrance to this fantasy underground facility: pile of cow crap. That's on topic for ya.

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 04:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by walliswallis

I would appreciate it if you would please make the choice to limit your comments to the topic of this thread. One option, if you would like to discuss your theories about DUMBs in Boise, is to start a thread about that. Thank you.

The article you referenced is what made mention of Ore Ida in Burley, that is why he brought it up. Drawing logical conclusions, one can say that saying anything near Burley is also near Ore Ida. Chill out bubba

Again, nowhere in the OP linked article did it say an underground base was "close to" Ore-Ida.

I'm sorry if you had trouble following the flow of the article I linked. I'm not sure what I can do about that, though.

Originally posted by flyswatterConclusion of the 70 year old entrance to this fantasy underground facility: pile of cow crap. That's on topic for ya.

I hope we can work together to keep this thread civil. Thanks in advance.

<< 1    3  4 >>

join