It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Psycho Cop Assaults A Guy Walking Away

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 04:50 PM
link   
I won't stand up for the cop in this situation, as he totally lost his cool and it didn't appear he should be waving his taser around like that.

However, I do think the guy who got arrested took a classic NBA flop for the camera.

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 05:06 PM
link   
The cops are the only ones there being violent.. dereliction of duty??

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 05:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by charles1952
reply to post by abeverage

Dear abeverage,

Your absolutely right that some police behavior is a shame and a crime. I also agree with you that indiscriminate waving of any weapon is reckless and unprofessional. With all of that, though, I didn't see anyone getting Tazed. The civilian certainly didn't act as though he was.

With respect,
Charles1952

Watch the video again. The cop holds something up with his right hand (pretty sure it was the Taser he was holding earlier) to the suspects neck. If he does not Tas him, he shoves him down instead of just arresting him.

Tazed or not he holds something up to the suspects neck before he drops...

Not sure about you but of course having any sort of weapon brought to my neck with small push and I might drop like a rock too.
edit on 21-3-2013 by abeverage because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 05:20 PM
link   
double post
edit on 21-3-2013 by abeverage because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 05:28 PM
link   
They were called there for a reason. It was probably a disturbance and the situation wasn't under control. Seems the intimidation brought order to what was happening.

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 05:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Tazkven

I'm willing to bet that when the cop walked up to him he said something nasty to that cop, which is why the cops might have became physical (if this in fact happened, which is hard to tell by the video.

Still doesn't excuse the cop's behavior, being a roosterhead and all.

That said:

Cop: "You should shut your mouth when the police are doing something!"

So now, not only must we "obey [lawful] orders" simply because a cop gives them (and whether they truly are lawful or not), now we must be vewy vewy qwuiet when the cops are conducting business. Our right to speak is now taken away when cops are doing business otherwise it become "obstruction" or "interfering." BS. The limited capacity for thinking outside the cop box has their gearing heating up anyway, so anything that can further disrupt the internal thought processes is certain disallowed.

Once again, the conscious distinction between cops as authority and ordinary citizens as subjects/kids who must "obey, sit down, be quiet, do what you're told" is really getting on my nerves.

And they get away with it. All the time. And society seems to condone this behavior, as a whole, because we still allow it to happen without standing up and doing anything to change it. And we praise it through cop shows and other media.

Bottom line:

Film the police. Always. They want constant eyes on us, put constant eyes on them. It's your RIGHT. It holds them in check.
edit on 21-3-2013 by Liquesence because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 05:57 PM
link   
I trump yours. Cop assaults a guy who asks a question. A really really dangerous question obviously.

Action starts at about 2:30. Curiously this is one of the few videos where I see someone try to defend themselves when illegally assaulted by cops. Of course he doesn't do very well against better armed and bigger force. Makes you wonder if he had ccw license how this story would end. "A cold blooded cop killer on the loose" or something.

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 06:28 PM
link   
Whatever he said, he doesn't have the support of McUndies... he is flipping him off here.

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 06:35 PM
link   
Nah, the real fix is to remove the conflict of interest rife self-oversight function from the police, and the prosecutorial function of police from the local DA.

Put them into a federal level where it's above local politics, and rotate the staff constantly to keep them from forming any sort of fraternal ties to the locals. Then incentivize the crap out of them for successful cases.

Oh, and I'd add in a confiscatorial benny to it as well, if the cop is convicted of some crime, confiscate his worldly goods and give them to the federal agency to buy cars with.

"This car bought by two LAPD officers!"

edit on 21-3-2013 by Bedlam because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 06:49 PM
link   
I agree completely, I mean police officers shouldn't act this way I don't care what the circumstances are. I could understand if the guy was trying to hurt him or something but it looks to me like the guy was just trying to get away. The police officer also shouldn't have called the man so many awful names either. It is professionals like this that make the world seem violent and complicated. Police officers that have used violence to solve their problems should not be employed if it is intentional. However, when defending themself or others on the team it is okay to use guns or tazers in an act of crime. I definately agree though that the act of violence commited on the man was unexcusable and the police officer should definately lose his job for such acts.

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 06:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Tazkven

The video in question is from Pittsburgh - St. Pattys day..

Officer Accused Of Taking Down Drunk Man With Taser On South Side

PITTSBURGH (KDKA) — People are talking Sunday about a video posted online.

It shows a police officer armed with a Taser take down a man, but exactly how is up for debate.

The incident happened Saturday at South Side Works.

The man who shot the video told KDKA the officer used his Taser on the man for no reason, but the officer in the video says that’s not true.

The Pittsburgh cops were busy that weekend. Here is yet another story on allocations of excess force from them that same weekend.

KDKA Exclusive: Second Police Incident Caught On Camera

Cops came up behind me and shoved me down as hard as he could,” Lojak said. “Face first onto the pavement and then they all jumped on me.”

That’s where the cell phone video picks up the incident. It shows a police officer striking Lojak twice, while three other police officers held him down.

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 06:53 PM
link   
reply to post by PsykoOps

I was hoping the crowd as a group would throw down on those pigs.......But that is just me.......Im obviously a criminal.

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 06:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by llmacgregor
reply to post by PsykoOps

I was hoping the crowd as a group would throw down on those pigs.......But that is just me.......Im obviously a criminal.

Sometimes they deserve it, to be sure.

They can, unfortunately, get away with ASSAULT (oftentimes for no reason and with no justification, like the cop out and decking a woman for no reason) simply because they wear a badge.

It's not right.

Anyone else would be charged to hell and back.

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 09:30 PM
link   
Lol that guy is such a wimp. Just look at how he acted, he acted as if now that he's a big bad cop he can finally do whatever he wants. He reminds of those people from New Jersey who always go out on a riot for no good reason other than just to start a riot. He needs to learn discipline, and although I do not wish cops were trained in the art of killing as our military men and women are, I DO wish they would at least teach them honor and discipline as they teach our military men and women.

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 10:30 PM
link   
i completely support the coming nwo takeover. the American people need to be out in their place. i hope it is as violent and bloody as possible.

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 11:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by david99118
i completely support the coming nwo takeover. the American people need to be out in their place. i hope it is as violent and bloody as possible.

I like how the only word in your sad little comment with a capital letter is American....a subconscious self defeating meme perhaps? U parasites have filled your bellys for long enough, the world is awake and ready to pounce, get over it.

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 11:59 PM
link   
The cops missus probably isn't giving him enough attention at home

I've known guys with an attitude like that cop, only difference is they grew out of it.

The clown doesn't have the mental capacity to be an officer.

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 12:07 AM
link   
I hope that cop gets murdered in front of his family.

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 01:50 AM
link   
Chaos is needed to carry out the work normal folks can not. Its dirty from the ground up. I seen this a other day. Not cool at all.

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 01:56 AM
link   
Any wonder why the sentiment among most is EFF THE POLICE?

That cops needs to seek therapy.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join