It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Psycho Cop Assaults A Guy Walking Away

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 02:59 PM
link   

Other than this looking like a St. Patrick's day celebration I am unsure of the back story of this video.

Regardless, I can not see any justification for any of what the police are doing, my guess is they are dispersing a crowd and one cop seems exceptionally angry and goes above and beyond the call of duty escalating the situation all by himself.

At one point the camera guy looks like he gets hit or shoved and says he is a lawyer.

The guy who almost got tazed was just walking away and was assaulted ... Did it even need to come to this?

Cops like this should be fired in my opinion but they will most likely not even get in trouble for assaulting people here, this is totally unprofessional, undisciplined and uncalled for.
edit on 21-3-2013 by Tazkven because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 03:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Tazkven

Probably because there were too many witnesses! Otherwise, he might have been shot in the back.......

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 03:16 PM
link   
I don't think he was tased. You can hear the guy say "I was walking away and you pushed me over"

That cop is a jumped up, power tripping, baffoon.

Cops like this should be fired in my opinion but they will most likely not even get in trouble for assaulting people here, this is totally unprofessional, undisciplined and uncalled for.

Amazing what a uniform does to a human being.

edit on 21-3-2013 by Wifibrains because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 03:18 PM
link   
reply to post by seeker1963

Sadly, you are probably right. I wish they would start using these videos to fire these bad seeds before they actually do kill someone in a situation that could had been dealt with in a more professional way.

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 03:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Wifibrains

Hmm, Actually you may be right ... The guy getting arrested just says he pushed him over. I was concentrating on the tazer in his hand held up to the guy's neck, good catch.

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 03:26 PM
link   
the way those thugs were throwing their weight around, all puffed out chests with the night-sticks out makes me glad i'm an ocean away from the states, "land of the free" couldnt be further from the truth.

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 03:26 PM
link   
Still very unprofessional. These guys are sposed to uphold the laws to keep everyone safe, what a fine example this upstanding member of law enforcement is setting...NOT!

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 03:28 PM
link   
Pretty typical nowadays. Cops used to be trained that force, any force, was to be used as a last resort and should always be proportionate to the situation.

Now its "If they dont fall in line, use whatever force you deem appropriate."

ETA: Just re-read my response. If it comes across in any way that I am saying we should accept things like this, I most definitely am not. I find it to be vile, and scary.
edit on 21-3-2013 by captaintyinknots because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 03:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tazkven
reply to post by seeker1963

Sadly, you are probably right. I wish they would start using these videos to fire these bad seeds before they actually do kill someone in a situation that could had been dealt with in a more professional way.

The Problem isn't just firing them as they then become another cities problem (I live in "that" city). They should make it so they can NEVER serve again after being fired in any State or city!

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 03:38 PM
link   
If I were 9, I'd love to take this officer to Show & Tell day at school!

He seems like the type that makes kids want to grow up and be just like him!

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 03:52 PM
link   
Just a bully, who is making sure that his bully days continues after high school. Most guys would take this fatso out without his badge. Sadly this is not uncommon, hope he gets fired. He will probably he put on paid leave for a week if this gets to any news channel.

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 03:54 PM
link   
So drunk guy that won't leave eventually falls down while walking backward and it turns into an officer out of control and tazing people? If anything the cop used a lot of restraint in not arresting the guy earlier. The cop was holding gloves, not a tazer.

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 03:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Domo1

It is either a tazer or a gun he is waving at people ...

Don't think he would holster his gloves

edit on 21-3-2013 by Tazkven because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 04:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Domo1

Watch the video again....He has gloves in his left hand, and a tazer in his right hand. As he is walking up to the guy he screams "Wanna get tazed?" and rushes him knocking him over.....C'mon man.

If you watched this on a crappy cell phone, with a crap speaker, and are half blind and deaf I can see how you didn't see or hear what happened in the video.

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 04:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Domo1
So drunk guy that won't leave eventually falls down while walking backward and it turns into an officer out of control and tazing people? If anything the cop used a lot of restraint in not arresting the guy earlier. The cop was holding gloves, not a tazer.

Um I think you need to watch it again. Then make a note of the Joe Pesci wannabe in a power trip waving his taser (in HIS RIGHT HAND) around then telling people to shut their mouths while pointing a finger (with glove) in the face with his left, before going over to the guy who was walking away and dropping him...

Man I used to hate having cameras around but it sure beats eyewitness accounts.
edit on 21-3-2013 by abeverage because: spelling error

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 04:12 PM
link   
He had stop't!
must have been some ting he said?

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 04:22 PM
link   
Let's be 100% clear here this cop is holding a Taser, waving it around in a threatening manner against anyone in front of him.

Look at the lady in white he was just pointing at what if it had gone off on her?

This is unacceptable crowd control.
edit on 21-3-2013 by abeverage because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 04:28 PM
link   
OK, I've watched it twice. The civilian involved had previously been led down the street a bit. For some reason he was singled out. Later the policeman comes to him, doesn't Taze him, doesn't hit him.

The civilian claimed he was pushed, but I couldn't tell if he was pushed down or just went limp when he was touched. We've got better police abuse videos than this.

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 04:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by charles1952
OK, I've watched it twice. The civilian involved had previously been led down the street a bit. For some reason he was singled out. Later the policeman comes to him, doesn't Taze him, doesn't hit him.

The civilian claimed he was pushed, but I couldn't tell if he was pushed down or just went limp when he was touched. We've got better police abuse videos than this.

True about the worse videos unfortunately, but would you want to be some where with friends and one of them pisses of the wrong cop and you end up with a Taser in your face having done nothing? It's not just the bro who got tased that is the problem here. It is a cop waving around a weapon that is negligent.

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 04:45 PM
link   
reply to post by abeverage

Dear abeverage,

Your absolutely right that some police behavior is a shame and a crime. I also agree with you that indiscriminate waving of any weapon is reckless and unprofessional. With all of that, though, I didn't see anyone getting Tazed. The civilian certainly didn't act as though he was.

With respect,
Charles1952

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join