It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Biden: Gabby Giffords 'Was Shot and Mortally Wounded'

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 10:31 AM
link   
I'm the queen of misspeaks so I have no room to judge but my favorite Bidenism was when he introduced Obama during the first election.

He couldn't get Obama's name right and got it confused with Osama. So Biden said something like, 'And now here is Osama! Er... Osamba... Obamasama... Bananarama... Baby's mama drama... Oh-BAH-MA!'

My version is an obvious exaggeration but the original quote was no less hilarious. Can't find the footage on youtube.

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 10:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Don't fret L'il bunny friend.

These retorts are just a "Garden variety slap*" at your OP.

*Another Biden gaffe.

Thank you my fuzzy friend. I'd totally forgotten about the "garden variety slap" to a wife vs. what must be a serious slap or something. Perspective.. Indeed.. It helps to be reminded of.

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 11:16 AM
link   
Biden made a gaffe?

No way...

moving on then. (and ya, he is a great guy personally, but I wouldn't want him as potus..mostly because words in the chair can make or break international relationships...best and brightest only imo.)
Everyone gaffes now and then. Biden is like a wizard artist at them. His intentions are clear, but articulation is required.

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 11:31 AM
link   
Or maybe Biden speaks better english than the OP?

www.merriam-webster.com...

likely to cause or capable of causing death

Was Giffords wound capable or likely to cause death?

Giffords' intern, Daniel Hernandez Jr., provided first-aid assistance to her immediately after she was wounded and is credited with saving her life.

Some people seem to think so.

But yes, I know. He is a gaffe-machine. Karl Rove told me.

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 12:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by narwahl

Giffords' intern, Daniel Hernandez Jr., provided first-aid assistance to her immediately after she was wounded and is credited with saving her life.

Yes, your link is to the thesaurus.

Here is a link to the Merriam Webster dictionary:
Merriam Webster Dictionary

This is the first definition listed:

: causing or having caused death : fatal

This, if you read accounts of battlefield deaths, is how mortal wound is nearly always used.

I guess the mention of Karl Rove makes all of Joe Biden's many gaffes figments of the imagination?
edit on 22-3-2013 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 01:29 PM
link   

Though I disagree with the sentiment of your post, it was solid in it's explanation and you made a strong case for your perspective and got me thinking
Star for that. I do think Obama surrounded himself with folks he feels are qualified, but largely it's a mix of Pres. Bush leftovers plus "experts" with more experience in theorey and academia than real world.

And Pres GWB...yes despite being a bobble head with a good heart...he had a a very strong staff surrounding him, very experienced, politically savy and very intelligent...also "evil"
So I took little comfort there.
edit on 22-3-2013 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 01:43 PM
link   
This thread is stupid. What he said was correct, and there was no misspeak. A mortal wound is a severe wound that will lead to death without immediate medical intervention.

You all really showed your lack of intelligence on this post.

Maybe if you repubs didn't sit around all day looking for ways to criticize and blame democrats or use their quotes out of context, you'd have time to think of your own policies for once. Saying "no" to everything isn't a true policy.

edit on 22-3-2013 by Ghost375 because: typo

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 02:35 PM
link   
Biden may be dumber than a box of rocks, but we don't seem to care as a country if we elect a President who goes full retard. And we did it twice.

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 03:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by mac420
Biden may be dumber than a box of rocks, but we don't seem to care as a country if we elect a President who goes full retard. And we did it twice.

But let's be fair now. A lot of folks got free cell phones.

Doesn't that give ya a nice warm fuzzy?

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 04:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by wondermost
reply to post by OutonaLimb

Please tell me you don't take anything on wellaware1 as serious?? I'm quite sure that whoever runs that sight assumes there are around 27 people on the planet Earth. None of the people that they point to are the same. Not one. If you haven't figured out by now that people look the same in one way or another, you probably never will....

Arizona Mass Shooting PSYOP

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 06:38 PM
link   
I haven't read through the whole thread yet, I admit, but I am replying early because:

I don't think this is a case of an idiot misspeaking. I think it is programming. Because right off the top of my head I can think of one other figure who "receives a mortal head wound and is miraculously healed...", i.e. the Antichrist in Revelations.

I know Giffords' recovery has perhaps not been "miraculous" by most people's standards. I don't consider it miraculous. It has been a slow and far from complete recovery.

I am not trying to suggest that Giffords is the Antichrist. I do not believe she is.

I am only suggesting that, for some reason, TPTB want to muddy our thought processes with apocalyptic thinking.

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 06:54 PM
link   

All of you IGNORING this "fact" are looking like a bigger doofus than Biden
edit on 22-3-2013 by azureskys because: added more

Dude, when it comes to the proper definition of a word, I believe Merriam-Webster Dictionary trumps Wikipedia. I'm not a wiki hater, I even donate them money. But the final word (no pun intended) on definitions goes to the dictionary, not to a user-generated internet page.

Merriam-Webster employs linguists and etymologists. Wikipedia is written by ??????

Biden apologists and Wiki warriors, you are incorrect.
edit on 2013/3/22 by heyitsok because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 07:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by narwahl

Hey, you used a thesaurus, not a dictionary. And you looked up "mortal," not "mortal wound," which matters because you are using an example of the use of the word "mortal" as your evidence, rather than a definition of the word "mortal" or the term "mortal wound."

Now go to the chalkboard and write the sentence "I have mortally failed." 20 times. Back to school kiddo.

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 07:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ghost375
This thread is stupid. What he said was correct, and there was no misspeak. A mortal wound is a severe wound that will lead to death without immediate medical intervention.

You all really showed your lack of intelligence on this post.

Maybe if you repubs didn't sit around all day looking for ways to criticize and blame democrats or use their quotes out of context, you'd have time to think of your own policies for once. Saying "no" to everything isn't a true policy.

edit on 22-3-2013 by Ghost375 because: typo

When a Democrat does something stupid, they are actually doing something *so SMART* that you puny-minded punks *just don't get it.*

posted on Mar, 23 2013 @ 01:41 AM
link   

It is scary. I've been saying for years that my fear is that the cabal are planning a spectacular ending for Obama.

They've been bringing up Lincoln too often (especially in the last couple of years) for my comfort.
I think it just might fit the NWO agenda to a T.

That Obama was re-elected means there's more legislation they want him to ram thru.

To me, Biden is the epitome of a skeezy, gutter politician who lied & greased his way into power with a kind of cheap "charm" -- the common touch, I think they call it.

Obama & Biden -- what a team!

posted on Mar, 23 2013 @ 01:51 AM
link   
reply to post by BritofTexas

I wasn't a Bush fan either, but when Dubya was President, almost everyone knew Cheney was running the show.
Cheney wasn't stupid -- scary for other reasons, but not stupid.

But it just might be that the real conspiracy behind getting Obama elected (& re-elected) is to make Dubya look good in comparison.

posted on Mar, 23 2013 @ 03:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by sheepslayer247
It's amazing what some people say when they are in front of cameras all day long. They sure say some dumb stuff.

But are we any better? I see posts on ATS that say more idiotic things than what Biden said and these people have the time to revise their posts before they submit it.

So you can make fun of Biden, but make sure you never make a mistake either.......otherwise you're a hypocrite.

I do make mistakes... as you said we all do and to err is human. But really??,,, Come on, this guy has an army of speech writers and public advisers, with as many mistakes as our current administration makes are you willing to just sit back and brush it off as "we all make mistakes". These are the supposed leaders of our country, and they cant even get a speech right!! I fear for my children's future. When we are wasting millions of dollars in taxpayer money to have people that are smarter than our "leaders" write what they should say in a format that is easy to read on the teleprompter and then screw it up.....?? Not to mention that Giffords husband was caught red handed buying an assault rifle just days before he was due to speak at a conference to condemn them? Our country is going to hell I just hope we cant survive the next 4 years. I commend your first amendment rights but really? If I made such a blatantly ignorant screw up (and I do all my own research at work no writers, secretary or otherwise) on a new product to public consumers i would be fired.

posted on Mar, 23 2013 @ 03:30 AM
link   
It worked for Bush? Act like an idiot and you can never do wrong... like spend $500,000 on a hotel room while the Easter bunny is canceled.

posted on Mar, 23 2013 @ 08:23 AM
link   

If Gabby Giffords somehow became a very powerful politician or figure, do you realize how hardcore the antichrist threads are going to be? Mortal headwound she survived? I mean it's pretty freaky. I read that the shooter freaked out when he learned she was alive. It probably mess with his already twisted brain, he probably thought the court was lying to him.

posted on Mar, 23 2013 @ 09:46 AM
link   

he is more powerful then O Bum ahaa he is the handler
or so they say.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join