It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Just who are the Insurgents what is their makup (origin) & what is their goal.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 1 2004 @ 06:08 PM
link   
I'm hearing lots of bitching, but no one seems to have a good non-political answer to the problems in Iraq. Bitching is easy, how about better ideas on how to solve the problems & get out of Iraq & if you can help educate me by answering a question or two for me without too much political drivel (i.e. we shouldn't be there in the first place etc.).

We keep hearing this "get the insurgents out of X" line in the news & I've never really had a clear picture of who the insurgents are really. Where do they call home (i.e. Iraq, Iran, Syria etc), what is their ethnic origin, religious origin etc. & how much does it matter.

Our right wing news tells us they're from other places, but the lefties say they're all Iraqis. (Somebody�s lying)

What exactly is their goals (what they are fighting for)? Get the US out, change the government to reflect their values etc.

If it is a religious or ethnic issue had the US supported the other side would we still be fighting insurgents, but from the other side? What exactly makes one side different then the other & did the US pick the right side why or why not.

I know not many want the US there, but they are. Would you have taken the opposite side the US took had they taken the other side just because you can't stand anything the US does militarily/politically?

If the US does leave, will things get better or worse? If there's going to be more chaos & deaths if the US leaves do you support the US leaving & why do you think that's better then what the US is trying to do?

No matter what the US does there's going to be pain & chaos before things get better, what could the US do better to bring about the end of pain & chaos more quickly for the people of Iraq?

[edit on 1-11-2004 by outsider]

posted on Nov, 1 2004 @ 09:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by outsider
I'm hearing lots of bitching, but no one seems to have a good non-political answer to the problems in Iraq. Bitching is easy, how about better ideas on how to solve the problems & get out of Iraq & if you can help educate me by answering a question or two for me without too much political drivel (i.e. we shouldn't be there in the first place etc.).

We keep hearing this "get the insurgents out of X" line in the news & I've never really had a clear picture of who the insurgents are really. Where do they call home (i.e. Iraq, Iran, Syria etc), what is their ethnic origin, religious origin etc. & how much does it matter.

Our right wing news tells us they're from other places, but the lefties say they're all Iraqis. (Somebody�s lying)

What exactly is their goals (what they are fighting for)? Get the US out, change the government to reflect their values etc.

If it is a religious or ethnic issue had the US supported the other side would we still be fighting insurgents, but from the other side? What exactly makes one side different then the other & did the US pick the right side why or why not.

I know not many want the US there, but they are. Would you have taken the opposite side the US took had they taken the other side just because you can't stand anything the US does militarily/politically?

If the US does leave, will things get better or worse? If there's going to be more chaos & deaths if the US leaves do you support the US leaving & why do you think that's better then what the US is trying to do?

No matter what the US does there's going to be pain & chaos before things get better, what could the US do better to bring about the end of pain & chaos more quickly for the people of Iraq? [edit on 1-11-2004 by outsider]

Well we shouldn't be there in the first place (it's not a war on terror, it's misdirection) Hanh! But now that we're there, we have to keep the fight going. Radical Islam is but a whole, and they've all gathered to destroy the infidel (non-believers in Islam). We've united a whole religion against us. The EAST is a whole lot different than the WEST, and that is what they are fighting for. Read the Koran, they hate the people that don't take Islam as their religion. There's nothing we can do but continue this war, and that's part of Bush's plan. Either way, the EAST is going to attack the WEST...

- Attero

posted on Nov, 2 2004 @ 01:21 PM
link   
I belive it has mroe to do with religon then ethnic backround. I am guessing your European white back round, i bet if you where to go there saying you are muslim following by muslim laws and wanted to help the terrorists they would let you, they dont care if your "white" or not, arab, asian, African-American all have islam in them and they are not hated by terrorrists. Also please note that Iranians are not Arabs, they do not come from the same Ethnic backround, i am half iranian and trust me most iranians (persians) get offended when called Arabs.

posted on Nov, 2 2004 @ 02:02 PM
link   
I found this from the CFR which explains things quite well:

www.cfr.org...

Others, particularly the foreign fighters and terrorists, seek instability and chaos. Many of them would like to establish a Taliban-like system in Iraq so they can operate and train their fighters there, Anderson says.

The Iraqis want their country back, the foreigners seem to be there to:

(a) fight americans

(b) ensure Iraq either becomes an islamic theocracy or, failing that, descends into chaos.

This is also quite interesting:

washingtontimes.com...

posted on Nov, 2 2004 @ 02:02 PM
link   
It's this simple. Bush got on TV and said Iraq had nukes, chemical weapons, biological weapons and God knows what else. He spit off the numbers in a State Of The Union address. He knew the numbers not to be true but said it anyways. Numerous people knew it not to be true. He had to justify the invasion of Iraq to the public. Before we even took over Iraq, Iraq was dead broke from UN sanctions and it's never been much of a powerful economy. So Bush paints Saddam as some imminent threat (if he was so imminent, why didn't Daddy Crook do the job before?) which got the ball rolling for the invasion and all the big companies that make money primarily from war (Raytheon, Halliburton, Lockheed-Martin, etc.) could profit and get their hands on the oil. Notice how those WMD's still aren't found and everyone's scratching their heads. So we show up in Iraq and Iraqi citizens don't have a clue why we're there. Then on top of it, we kill innocent civilians because our soldiers are told "terrorists could be in the area". For example, imagine if Chinese soldiers entered the U.S. because they were told that our leader was an imminent threat with huge amounts of chemical, nuclear, and biological weapons (which is actually true for the U.S.). Then they started killing U.S. citizens because they were told that nobody here can be trusted and everyone here is an enemy. Gun owners everywhere would be ready to protect their own. That's exactly what's happening in Iraq. These Iraqi citizens are protecting their own because of civilians dying for no reason, national monuments and records being destroyed or looted, and the infrastructure of the country is in shambles. Then all the brass/politicians play it off like the citizens, who are displaying their national patriotism and trying to protect their country, are dubbed "insurgents who are against democracy". Besides, democracy is two wolves and a lamb deciding what's for dinner.

posted on Nov, 2 2004 @ 03:17 PM
link   
What about the core of insurgents being Iraqi fathers and brothers who have lost their family members in this war?

If someone "shock & awe" my arse and dropped bombs on my house killing family members over an unjust war, sure i'd take up arms and fight back.

98.99% of Americans would do the same

posted on Nov, 2 2004 @ 05:24 PM
link   
EXACTLY syntaxer! That's why the whole world is pissed off at us. We go in there killing innocent people and then their relatives/friends/countrymen fight back and we paint them as "soldiers of islam" and "terrorists". This is basically a modern Crusade.

posted on Nov, 2 2004 @ 05:55 PM
link   
I agree with all of you and your post, also we have to remember that the whole motto of the presend adminstration is to take control of that country and its resources, the death toll is not taken in consideration, and that alone will make any iraqi turn against the US and become a "terrorist" and "insurgent" sorry to say that is the realities of live in Iraq right now.

I see not respect fot the lives and wishes of the Iraqi people.

top topics

join