It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Thought Experiment: Try not to judge for one whole hour

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 09:29 AM
link   
reply to post by D1ss1dent

Sure, it has nothing to do with gaining funds off the books for certain alphabet organizations, keeping certain industrial tycoons in power... that kinda stuff. It's all due to "psychic" abilities being suppressed... because if drugs were legal, more people would do them... yea we have evidence for that, except we don't.... whoops.
edit on 22-3-2013 by CommanderCraCra because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 09:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Hefficide

Hey Heff, try this at home, should be a piece of cake experiment. At home tonight with a loved one, you hold both their hands look them in the eye tell them how much they mean to you with some real emotions, not fake, real expression of emotions unconditionally and give them a nice warm hug and top it off with a "I Love You" or some expressive phrase along those lines.

See how they react and post your results here?

That's "the" true path to real enlightenment, it's nothing mysterious, it's the able to show unconditional positive emotions that can allow one to reconnect with the natural cosmic energy source that is all around us.

Peace

edit on 22-3-2013 by InnerPeace2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 11:59 AM
link   
reply to post by doctornamtab

I think judging is good. By judging things we are Individuals. We have Preferences, and that is good because it allows each person to express themselves in a unique way.

What I don't agree with however is forcing someone else to change based upon one's own judgment.

posted on Mar, 23 2013 @ 07:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Itisnowagain
When the mind stops speaking and all is just seen and heard - unconditional love is known to be the case.
Aliveness is felt.
edit on 22-3-2013 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

Yes, this is the point of the experiment.You To distance yourself from the constant chattering of judgement that comes with being human, having five senses, emotions, social contact, media, etc.

posted on Mar, 23 2013 @ 08:11 PM
link   

Try not to judge anyone, anything for an entire hour.

Nothing is good, nothing is bad, nothing is wrong or right. It all just is.

Judge: To form an opinion or estimation of after careful consideration

Discriminate: To make a clear distinction; distinguish; To perceive the distinguishing features of; recognize as distinct

i·den·ti·fy (-dnt-f)
v. i·den·ti·fied, i·den·ti·fy·ing, i·den·ti·fies
v.tr.
1. To establish the identity of.
2. To ascertain the origin, nature, or definitive characteristics of.
3. Biology To determine the taxonomic classification of (an organism).
4. To consider as identical or united; equate.
5. To associate or affiliate (oneself) closely with a person or group.
v.intr.
To establish an identification with another or others.

per·cep·tion (pr-spshn)
n.
1. The process, act, or faculty of perceiving.
2. The effect or product of perceiving.
3. Psychology
a. Recognition and interpretation of sensory stimuli based chiefly on memory.
b. The neurological processes by which such recognition and interpretation are effected.
a. Insight, intuition, or knowledge gained by perceiving.
b. The capacity for such insight.

Vis-a-Vis Judgement;

To read, one must perceive the words, discriminate them from the background, other words, and concepts, Identify their meaning; and judge within the context of both the sentence, and language in general to arrive at a conclusion.

One cannot go an hour without judging anything, because judgement is an integral part of conciousness.

Unless you are asking people to go comatose.....

Apropos:

edit on 23-3-2013 by ErtaiNaGia because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2013 @ 07:03 AM
link   

This my friend is meditation.

posted on Mar, 24 2013 @ 07:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by CommanderCraCra
It is liberating, though not for me. Judgment is actually wise in this world. It's more a matter of to the degree, that can qualify the act as detrimental.

In things which I know not enough information, I reserve judgment. In complexities such as global events, or social situations, I reserve judgment because there is no one truth to be had.

In the simple things, I tend to judge, and think it's wise. That doesn't mean my mind can't change with new information, but to simply observe something and not sharpen the skill of judgment where best applicable, is to become highly inefficient for many tasks throughout ones life.

Good point. My thinking right now is that it's probably more dangerous to NOT judge. I would love to see the world look at Islam and judge it as NOT a religion. This way, members of that sick belief can be refused entry into civilized societies as they are deemed a threat and menace to freedom and peace.

posted on Mar, 24 2013 @ 08:55 PM
link   
Tonight I will not judge for a full 6 to 8 hours.

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 10:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by doctornamtab
Well thats about it.

Try not to judge anyone, anything for an entire hour.

Nothing is good, nothing is bad, nothing is wrong or right. It all just is.

Try it!

Then go two hours. Then try it at work (really hard). Then go a whole day.

Pretty soon you'll be free from all the energy you used to put into judging yourself, your path, others and their path.You won't believe how much mental energy you put into judgement

Edit to add: I'm not saying I can do a whole hour of non judgement. But I try and its really hard. Judging nothing? Not even the art on the walls, music at a restaurant or the people driving around you?

It's really, really hard but so liberating when you realize you've been caught up in this battle to convince yourself you're right all the time.
edit on 21-3-2013 by doctornamtab because: (no reason given)

Been there and done it rather intriguing and promising results

top topics

<< 1   >>

join