It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Where can I hide my savings from Bernanke/U.S. Gov?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 03:36 PM
link   
Just buy the land and be done with it. You have at least 3 months before anyone's skimming off US bank deposits. If you withdraw your money, you will be rejected for the loan. You can't just "put it back" and have them be like "okay, whatever". You have to show your salary history, bank history, bill history, etc. Anything like withdrawing all of it and then putting it back will be suspect.

Just buy the land quick.

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 03:54 PM
link   
reply to post by 00nunya00

That is a valid point...

If your goal is a mortgage vs. buying it outright (wasn't sure if you were saving for the down payment or the whole shabang). Besides, the real estate market has likely kind of bottomed out...probably isn't going much lower...in many places it's rising...though not like before.

This is good for you of course.

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 04:05 PM
link   
I see the writing on the wall and I cashed out today. They're coming for it. All it took for me to be convinced was when I saw New Zealand said the Cyprus approach was a good idea. First Nat'l Bank of Sealy, Posturepedic branch.

As for "voluntarily" donating to the banks to save the country? They can go to a very hot place that smells of sulfur and have intimate relations with themselves along the way. This government ceased to represent me a long time ago, and I refuse to pay off the imaginary debts incurred by the profiteering of those I have never met.

Frig em all. The US gov't needs to have a come-to-Jesus meeting with its boss (The US constitution and the American citizen) or a hard reset.

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 05:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by SeekerofTruth101

Originally posted by DarthMuerte
reply to post by dominicus

Do you have a link to where Bernanke said that? I haven't heard it. I don't doubt that they would, I would just link the link to spread it around. Thanks.

It's a lie, as usual by the selfish and haters of american society, wishing that fools would believe and then kill one another stupidly. THus , they DARE NOT show you the link, as it is non-existant and any that exists, are mere twisted opinions from warped minds.

To be fair, in reality, IF in times of emergency to the nation and funds are needed, would you donate, whatever you could to save the country? I am sure you would, if you care about society rather than yourself alone. Even a dollar is a donation, if you are not a wealthy man whom could not have achieved it without benefitting from the sacrifice and taxes of others.

And there are many ways to donate such funds, from the convenient to the inconvenient.

It's NOT A LIE!!!! It's on the FRONT EFFING PAGE OF ATS BREAKING NEWS:

Bernanke States Cyprus Style Depositor Haircuts Possible in US if Events in Europe Become Contagious,
Link Here to all the Haters and Doubters

Originally posted by Gazrok
reply to post by 00nunya00

That is a valid point...

If your goal is a mortgage vs. buying it outright (wasn't sure if you were saving for the down payment or the whole shabang). Besides, the real estate market has likely kind of bottomed out...probably isn't going much lower...in many places it's rising...though not like before.

This is good for you of course.

Yeah my whole point is no mortgage, no bank ties. Bought outright and am done with it. I was raised in a way that if I don't have the cash, then I can't get what I want, since I was a kid was taught to save scrupulously and never owned a credit card or had a mortgage, truck is paid off, everything I own is mine.

That's the reason I'm sweating now, is after Bernanke comments and Cyprus and NZ comments. Wall Street's Derivitives Bubble is going to pop soon and they will start skimming the citizens accounts to keep the dollar, big banks, and the wall street crooks propped up.

Finding the right property doesn't happen over night.
edit on 21-3-2013 by dominicus because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 06:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by dominicus

Yeah, actually it does. There are a plethora of sub-par properties on the market at any given time, but when you find the "right" one that's a good price for what you're getting and has everything you [or the average buyer] want, you'd better put an official offer on it that day, or you'll have to wait in line. Or wait for the next property. Buying real estate is all about knowing what you want, for what price, and then watching the market for the property that matches your criteria and snapping it up before anyone else does. Otherwise, you're getting taken for a ride or choosing from seconds.

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 06:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by 00nunya00

Originally posted by dominicus

Yeah, actually it does. There are a plethora of sub-par properties on the market at any given time, but when you find the "right" one that's a good price for what you're getting and has everything you [or the average buyer] want, you'd better put an official offer on it that day, or you'll have to wait in line. Or wait for the next property. Buying real estate is all about knowing what you want, for what price, and then watching the market for the property that matches your criteria and snapping it up before anyone else does. Otherwise, you're getting taken for a ride or choosing from seconds.

Yea i know that, and was either too late on a few, too close to highway, had high-tension electrical wires running through the property, too steep, too far from town, and few other factors. Add to that the fact that virtually no new listings came out during the winner, and my agents have told me to be patient for spring..... so im just buying time, while looking, while hearing Bernanke, Cyprus, NZ spew their BS philosophy on robbing the average Joe, watching the dollar loose value, talk of collapse, etc.... its unnerving.

I wouldn't be so wracked w/ nerves had I already spent my 5 years worth of savings already

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 07:16 PM
link   
Spring is the time when the prices on real estate go up in price - fast.
I'd hurry up and get your money into a piece of property sooner than later. It's a better time right now to have a little bit of debt, than lots of savings.

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 07:21 PM
link   

if the accumulated stash of fiat dollars was in a account (bank or credit union) then there is a money trail which you cannot hide....

if you take even 200-500 a week out... you will have to prove that you did not purchase drugs or weapons/explosives with those funds.
better go to race tracks and pick p all the losing tickets/// go to lotteryt vendors & collect all the losing tickets --- then maybe you can create a $50k- $100k annual 'gambling' 'betting' losses to account for that fiat money you are trying to keep on the sly... with no possibility of govt/IRS tax recovery or confiscation on the savings you accumulated righteously

the Patriot Act and the new (developing) Cyprus type of money confiscation will be a new way of funding the Deposit Insurance needed to cover your savings accounts (FDIC) Insured is broke as of yester-year

the new law with many 1099s for everything over $600 per transaction will soon be Every-&-=All transactions from $10 and UP...so as to track the monies that might make it into a black-market underground economy

tip" even the neighbors at the future markets . food. assets. ammo, survival needs.... will have a good %^ of them acting as spies & will turn you in for trading with gold/silver coins...especially with sizeable purchases or frequent visits & buying binges

so those coins in a secure safe or burried in a treasure chest on your property are not as clever and 'liquid' as you idealistically suppose

Yeah. owning a chunk of land (with water available) might seem ideal... but ? what is going to be the tax rate on that land in a year- 2 years- 0r even 5 years ?

guarantee--- only the very 'rich' will be land owners....and in the not tpp distant future... a secluded person on a fortress land/lot/parcel/tract will be looked upon with a distrustful eye--- by both the poor all around us & by the govt and the rich oligarchs.... you can't fold up a piece of land... but you can own a very putrid piece of land that no-body sees as having any value out in the boonies... then a land estate might work for you... but i think i would rather be mobile in the future---
edit on 21-3-2013 by St Udio because: (no reason given)

edit on 21-3-2013 by St Udio because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 07:29 PM
link   
I would have to agree with the following post. Buy the Land NOW! Start working on it. I had to go with no house,, just land, but I am starting to work it. Do not wait you will be behind 3 to 6 months, get it now. If you think you will be settling for less, that might work in your favor, to get something smaller that you can put more into quick to get going. Believe me Disconnecting from the Matrix is hard enough, so get on it now is my opinion.
Good Luck, at least you have the money you have saved, I am still rock bottom, but it feels good to start working from the foundation, it will be my work alone.

Originally posted by 00nunya00
Just buy the land and be done with it. You have at least 3 months before anyone's skimming off US bank deposits. If you withdraw your money, you will be rejected for the loan. You can't just "put it back" and have them be like "okay, whatever". You have to show your salary history, bank history, bill history, etc. Anything like withdrawing all of it and then putting it back will be suspect.

Just buy the land quick.

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 02:52 PM
link   
No to offshore accounts taxes when it leaves taxes when it comes back in the current admin has gone after offshore bank accounts big time.

Your options:

5 years buying silver would have more than you would right now or gold, but getting in to them now?

Stay away.

Could do it like our grandparents and stuff the mattress.

Get a air tight water tight box and bury it.

Get a safety deposit box.

Or get a safe and hide it in your basement just make sure its "fire" rated.

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 04:40 PM
link   

my husband and I started taking our money out of savings January 2012, we could only take $10,000 at a time, but we got it. we took some of it and bought raw lands. the rest is stashed somewhere on the property.

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 04:57 PM
link   

In a deep dark and unmarked hole. Bernake and his minions have the ability to sniff out a dollar from 50 miles away.

posted on Mar, 23 2013 @ 09:45 AM
link   
Perhaps you are not supposed to dwell in the area you have been looking.

posted on Mar, 24 2013 @ 02:43 AM
link   
I know several people who actually created a map to buried money or valuables in their yard or property. I understand if you put valuables in a zip-lock bag and then put them in a canning jar making sure you seal it. You can bury your items without worry of anything getting tarnished.

Edit: This technique was actually voted above using a safe or hiding in the home due to fire, and if looters come to your home the first thing they will do is bust into a safe. If I were a looter a safe would be like hitting the jackpot.
edit on 24-3-2013 by JOakes because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2013 @ 03:00 AM
link   
Explanation: S&F!

There have been several things i was going to suggest that I found my fellow members had already recommended and so I gave them all a star and I am going to go and expand on buy the land NOW ok!

Buy up Detroit ok!

I am 100% serious ... buy it and then fix it!

Be a role model for ATS! [Because at the worst you can have members join you in building forts and having skirmishes with the ahem ...riffraff local natives!]

Personal Disclosure: And yes ... I am 100% serious ... buy it then fix it!

Put Your Hands Up for Detroit

edit on 24-3-2013 by OmegaLogos because: Edited to add and embedd the vid.

posted on Mar, 24 2013 @ 04:27 AM
link   
bitcoins
things like houses are being sold for bitcoins already, its a nice safe easy way to move money.
saw house near Dallas advertised for btc a couple days before the price of them started going up.
certainly worth looking at

posted on Mar, 24 2013 @ 07:35 PM
link   

in undisclosed hidden location of your choosing not in any bonds or stocks or bitcoins or anywhere it can be got electronically. but remember if the law kicks in your door and find a safe with large amounts of cash hey will seize it claiming they believed it might be drug money and even if you are innocent you likely will lose the money,

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 09:04 AM
link   
reply to post by JOakes

Edit: This technique was actually voted above using a safe or hiding in the home due to fire, and if looters come to your home the first thing they will do is bust into a safe. If I were a looter a safe would be like hitting the jackpot.

First key to a safe = hiding it. Unless looters kill you, won't have a lot of time to look around....so if hidden well, then chances are it will still be there when they leave. If they kill you...well, won't do you any good then either.

Have you ever tried to crack a safe? They are notoriously difficult to get into, by design, and really not very easy at all. It takes some serious effort and tools, etc. to open a decent safe...and even then, it is likely to still thwart you.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join