It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

There is WAY more debt in the world than there is money to repay it.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 10:49 AM
link   
Talk about a recipe for disaster. Even if we were to take all the money out of everybody in the world's bank accounts and use it to pay off the world's debts, it wouldn't even scratch the surface. There is no way it will ever be humanly possible to pay off all the debt in the world.

This system is doomed to failure.

Why Is The World Economy Doomed? The Global Financial Pyramid Scheme By The Numbers

Why is the global economy in so much trouble? How can so many people be so absolutely certain that the world financial system is going to crash? Well, the truth is that when you take a look at the cold, hard numbers it is not difficult to see why the global financial pyramid scheme is destined to fail. In the United States today, there is approximately 56 trillion dollars of total debt in our financial system, but there is only about 9 trillion dollars in our bank accounts. So you could take every single penny out of the banks, multiply it by six, and you still would not have enough money to pay off all of our debts. Overall, there is about 190 trillion dollars of total debt on the planet. But global GDP is only about 70 trillion dollars. And the total notional value of all derivatives around the globe is somewhere between 600 trillion and 1500 trillion dollars. So we have a gigantic problem on our hands. The global financial system is a very shaky house of cards that has been constructed on a foundation of debt, leverage and incredibly risky derivatives. We are living in the greatest financial bubble in world history, and it isn't going to take much to topple the entire thing. And when it falls, it is going to be the largest financial disaster in the history of the planet.

The global financial system is more interconnected today than ever before, and a crisis at one major bank or in one area of the world can spread at lightning speed. As I wrote about yesterday, the entire European banking system is leveraged 26 to 1 at this point. A decline in asset values of just 4 percent would totally wipe out the equity of many of those banks, and once a financial panic begins we could potentially see major financial institutions start to go down like dominoes.

Every single day, the total amount of debt will continue to grow faster than the total amount of money until the day that this bubble bursts.

The Economic Collapse

But, hey; our economic geniuses, Bernanke and the Fed, tell us everything is going to be just fine. Just the way they did before the 2008 economic crisis. Why would we ever doubt them?

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 10:54 AM
link   
I kind of figured this to be the case all along. They kept printing money that didn't exist to pay off debts, which in itself paradoxically created more debt, so they printed more money to pay off that debt which created more debt yet again.

It was a vicious cycle that got out of hand. Buckle up folks, and keep your arms, legs and head in at all times. It's going to be one hell of a ride

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 10:57 AM
link   
The central banking model states that, for every unit of currency printed, they are owed that amount PLUS a bit extra in "interest".

Therefore, it doesn't matter whether they print one dollar or a trillion dollars, the debt remains a constant; a cycle that never ends as long as the central bank is in charge of printing the money.

It is my understanding that all the taxes the IRS collects every year goes to paying the interest these blood-sucking leeches are owed....so any spending above and beyond that is with borrowed money. Money that is loaned with interest.

Apparently, very few people see the flaw in this design. Either we have an unlimited debt ceiling into infinity, or something has to crash. My vote is on the crash. When things crash, they can be bought up very cheaply by the same bottom-feeders who crashed the whole thing in the first place.

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 11:13 AM
link   
But all this money changes hands over time. If all the money needed to exist at the same moment it would be a catastrophe, but the way the system is rigged there is still room to do some wiggling. It is not fair to the little guy, and everything you posted is the truth from what I have seen and read. It really is a shame that it has come to this, but when the people controlling the money can have free run of the system, this is what happens.

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 11:14 AM
link   
reply to post by FortAnthem

Not enough money in the world to pay off the debts we all owe to one another. Clear and simple. Yet as clear and simple as this is, the thought alone is enough to completely shut down the brains of most of the people I know.
Time for a half hour sitcom. Ah that's better. I was confused for a moment.

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 11:16 AM
link   
The value of the Stock Markets is worth more than the value of all the countries combined
How ridiculous.

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 11:18 AM
link   
The sad part is that i expect this to happen very soon. Eventually itll be like Germany after ww1, with kids making little play houses with stacks of worthless money. And people wonder why im not worried about saving money for my retirement....

I remember reading in the news a while back, when they came out with the new 100 dollar bill, someone commented "ok. The new 100. It costs 105 to print, and is only worth about 85..."
edit on 21-3-2013 by dothedew because: added note

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 11:19 AM
link   
If there is more debt in the world than actually exists to pay it back, then the money must have been fraudulently lent and so does not exist. Following this logic, the debt therefore does not exist.
Someone has been lending money they don't have fraudulently!

Now, they are attempting to claw back something they never had to lend in the first place!

Now fraud, isn't that something the police get to deal with!

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 11:19 AM
link   
Business people are taught today that perpetual growth is the be-all-end-all goal (on a fixed size planet).

They're taught that unbridled profits come before anything else (conservation, morality, etc.) (currency is supposed to be limited... that's what gives it value).

If people don't change, yes, it's a doomed outcome. There will be nothing left for anyone.

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 11:23 AM
link   
Every single day a headline emerges that reveals the instability of the economy.

And, every time I read one, I want to add a little to my stash and try to figure out ways to wean myself off of this system.

I hope everyone is getting prepared a bit. It won't be pretty when the store shelves are empty.

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 11:26 AM
link   
reply to post by TerryMcGuire

That's the whole point of Usury.
I always try and explain in like this to people that don't quite 'get it'.
(I realize this is an over simplification).

Imagine when the whole usury thing began that there where 10 coins in existence.
Someone comes along and wants to borrow said 10 coins, the lender says 'ok, but you will have to pay a 10% interest rate on the loan'.
This is where the problem comes in, the borrower now owes the lender 11 coins, the original 10 coins borrowed plus 10% - 1 coin.
However there are only 10 coins in existence, so the debt can NEVER be repaid.
edit on 21-3-2013 by creatives because: correct spelling

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 11:28 AM
link   
reply to post by creatives

Following that reasoning, would it not therefore be a form of fraud to expect someone to pay back something that does not exist?

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 11:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Elliot

Bingo!
2nd line.

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 11:31 AM
link   
It's all just numbers in a computer anyway.

They could hit the "reset" button at any time and wipe out all the debt if they wanted to. Money isn't a real thing anymore, as it's not backed by anything of actual value.

This whole thing is dumb as hell.

The money is already worthless, and not having a limit on the world's supply of money makes it doubly worthless.

I'm not sure who's more of an idiot, the people running the show -- or the masses who let them run the show?

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 11:38 AM
link   
People of the planet just don't get economics, and neither to economists.

The printing of the money is not the issue, this creates inflation. It is the NON-printing of the interest that is owed on the printing of the loan money that is the issue.

When a "loan" is created the money is printed, but not the interest that needs to be repaid. So, I borrow 100 dollars on my CC, and the money is printed just like that, out of thin air. Over the time I desire to pay it back, say 6 months, I'll owe them the loan 100 plus 100 in interest, only, uh oh, the extra 100 in interest wasn't printed - where does that come from? Where do I get it?

That example seems silly, you just work more and pay it off. Okay, say a country borrows 1 trillion, and by the time it is paid back they'll owe 1 trillion - which they just spent and don't have anymore, and they'll owe 1 trillion more, which WAS NEVER PRINTED = 2 trillion! So to pay back the thin air money, they'll need to get 2 trillion dollars, 1 trillion of which they just spent, and 1 trillion that does not exist at all relative to the thin air printing. What happens when a country borrows 1 trillion, then has to borrow another trillion to make payments on the debt, so they owe 4 trillion, but that middle trillion was only a bridge loan, and just went from one end of the back to the other and will not actually get spent on guns, ammo and tanks.

So, where does the interest money come from? One place: war.

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 11:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by MystikMushroom

I'm not sure who's more of an idiot, the people running the show -- or the masses who let them run the show?

Oh, they're not idiots. We may have a government full of patsies, puppets and corrupt jackasses but they're not idiots. They ALL know how it works. They're either wanting the status quo to remain or they're too scared to go against it. One president in the past tried to reverse it, and he ended up with a bullet in his head. More recently, one wasn't scared and we all saw where his campaign went. Had Mr. Paul received the nomination, got elected and tried to change the rules, his fate would not have been much different.

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 11:43 AM
link   
What cracks me up (ie frustrates me to no end) is the fact that we created this system. We coddled it, fudged it, tweaked it, abused it, worshipped it and raped it to its max and in the end, it's just us. It's not like we are indebted to some overlords on another planet - this is the system we've imposed on ourselves as the human species, and it has the potential to do bring us down. It's like watching an ant colony and seeing them harvest a poison and distribute amongst themselves - you'd be watching this slowly progress and saying a serious "WFT?!?"...

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 12:00 PM
link   
The collapse being inevitable and hopefully, in time a better world to follow, i can only say this, you can't make omlettes without breaking eggs!

See you on the other side....... minus a few power crazed psycopaths....... hopefully!

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 12:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by redtic
What cracks me up (ie frustrates me to no end) is the fact that we created this system. We coddled it, fudged it, tweaked it, abused it, worshipped it and raped it to its max and in the end, it's just us. It's not like we are indebted to some overlords on another planet - this is the system we've imposed on ourselves as the human species, and it has the potential to do bring us down. It's like watching an ant colony and seeing them harvest a poison and distribute amongst themselves - you'd be watching this slowly progress and saying a serious "WFT?!?"...

Not all of us. Many tried to speak up and even worked to try to prevent and then worked to try to stop it. But they were ignored or silenced.

Not everyone was oblivious or happily complicit. It goes back thousands of years when most people were illiterate... so yes it is a system thrust upon the many by a few via lies murder bribes and deception.

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 12:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by ErgoTheConclusion
Not all of us. Many tried to speak up and even worked to try to prevent and then worked to try to stop it. But they were ignored or silenced.

Not everyone was oblivious or happily complicit. It goes back thousands of years when most people were illiterate... so yes it is a system thrust upon the many by a few via lies murder bribes and deception.

Yeah, by "we" I guess I meant a collective "we", as in the human species. But I understand your point. The sad truth, though, is that, willingly or unwillingly, most of us have been complicit in some fashion...

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join