It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What would the government do if hostile aliens came?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 2 2004 @ 12:59 AM
link   
order them 50 million PIZZAS!

posted on Nov, 2 2004 @ 01:11 AM
link   
haha yeah, then buy a few beers and take them out to a strip club

posted on Nov, 2 2004 @ 01:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by The_RichDude
In my opinion, i think the u.s. government will blow hostile aliens to kingdom come with their nuclear missles. The aliens are no match to our ICBM missles. Tell me what you think the government would do

I think it is documented that during UFO buzzing of our military bases, that our nuclear weapons were ostensibly disabled. We have not ascertained if those space aliens in that incident were necessarily "hostile."

I do not think their problem is being "hostile," but rather being "intent," as intent upon their studies, as a problem in relation to us.

In other words they are occupied "doing their own thing," although some of these specimens may play the "anthropologist."

What we imagine as "hostile," is therefore in our own mind and preconceptions, since they are "alien," strange, and highly advanced as a social structure in and of themselves. Whether that notion translates into what we would be as "advanced," is another story. I happen to believe in the present to the future as a notion of progress, and that discounts to some extent the past as only a folkway to where we are now.

Progress in that relationship of events, is highly subjective. It is something like soup that tastes good, or technology that has "bite," if you will, that is pertinent to existing conditions.

The government can do nothing, in fact the government continues to render itself less power as a function of its own people, the more laws it passes that render us powerless. Their notion of "power," is exactly that for what they think it is for themselves, but in fact they only weaken a country by their tyrannies. They give us less and less for which to fight, hence they are losers.

In such a scenario, actual aliens we used to think as "hostile," who are really simply intent upon their tasks, would be infinitely more welcome than the mostrousity of so called laws and governments we have allegedly created.

[edit on 2-11-2004 by SkipShipman]

posted on Nov, 2 2004 @ 01:49 AM
link   
I think you over analyzed it

posted on Nov, 2 2004 @ 02:43 AM
link   
George W. Bush would probably take a vacation.

posted on Nov, 2 2004 @ 02:59 AM
link   
Our government would do exactly what they always do.... Tell us we're not seeing what we are seeing. And if we are still seeing it after that.... they have a medication that should help. And all those fireballs in the sky... those are space junk. The shiney metal stuff? Air balloon. And when they pummell us cuz we are to busy trying to deny it verses informing and uniting, they will blame it on bad intel.
That's exactly what they would do.

posted on Nov, 2 2004 @ 03:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by HarmoniusOne
Our government would do exactly what they always do.... Tell us we're not seeing what we are seeing. And if we are still seeing it after that.... they have a medication that should help. And all those fireballs in the sky... those are space junk. The shiney metal stuff? Air balloon. And when they pummell us cuz we are to busy trying to deny it verses informing and uniting, they will blame it on bad intel.
That's exactly what they would do.

So true, the sad part is they already DO it. But the truth will soon me discovered

posted on Nov, 2 2004 @ 03:57 AM
link   
It depends which government/country gets attacked. For example if it were the USA we are all in deepest doo doo. There was another attack on that country only three years ago, involving only 4 airliners and they couldn't even cope with that. Sat on their fat sluggish behinds for too long. I suppose they may have learned a lesson from this and may be a little quicker now.

posted on Nov, 2 2004 @ 05:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by USER
George W. Bush would probably take a vacation.

Yeah, I can actually picture the scene with Bush out on a golf course, UFOs obliterating the landscape behind him, Bush turning to his friends and saying "Now watch this drive"

:>

posted on Nov, 2 2004 @ 07:52 AM
link   
I think the gov would................DIE just like every one else who didn't come queitly

posted on Nov, 2 2004 @ 12:13 PM
link   
You people really underestimate us don't you? Not all of us are idiots and/or cowards.

posted on Nov, 2 2004 @ 12:17 PM
link   
I'm sure bruce willis will drill a hole in their mothership and drop a nuke trough the hole.

[edit on 2-11-2004 by DarkSide]

posted on Nov, 2 2004 @ 04:22 PM
link   
they are the hostile aliens!

posted on Nov, 2 2004 @ 04:41 PM
link   
or maybe iraqi suicide bombers will do the trick

posted on Nov, 2 2004 @ 04:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by The_RichDude
or maybe iraqi suicide bombers will do the trick

Well, let's thank you for staying on topic.

posted on Feb, 1 2005 @ 08:57 PM
link   
funniest thread I have ever read lol. Iraqi sucide bombers, bruce willis

posted on Feb, 1 2005 @ 09:01 PM
link   
Ive done a thread like this...only it was about what kinda ground troops would be used against em....and i infact think we would defeat them because of the shere power of earths forces combined forces and all those secret stuff in labs we have...u know like new bio weapons or robotic people...and if you have read H.G. Well' s the war of the worlds it says that virusu's ckilled the alens so maybe earths bacteriums would kill them off.....i dont know but id go out fightin cause well im manly....

posted on Feb, 1 2005 @ 09:08 PM
link   
The gov't would just get Jeff Goldbloom and Will Smith to fly up to the mothership and upload a computer virus that will disable all the other spaceships, thus enabling our fighter jets to destroy them.

On a serious note, I believe there is sufficient evidence that suggest they have the ability to disable our nuclear devices and have done so already on occasion.

posted on Feb, 1 2005 @ 09:39 PM
link   
Come on guys, root for our side for once. I'm sure we would lose but I don't think we would be totally destroyed without putting up a good fight. But honestly, who knows.

posted on Feb, 1 2005 @ 10:40 PM
link   
I'm with the majority who think that our technology would not stand up to an alien invasion. We're a very advanced race, but like others have said, for them to be able to come here to our planet means that they have much greater capabilities than us, probably military as well. I doubt our missiles or even nukes would have much effect on them, except to maybe move their ships around a little bit by the blast.

So what would our government do? If it was a large scale invasion, they couldn't cover it up. Their response would probably be the same as if any other country were attacking. They'd put the country on alert and tell people to find shelter unless the aliens cut off communications before they had the chance, which I believe is the most likely scenario. Keep the people in the dark. The government would find that its missiles, guns, and aircraft are ineffective as the aliens blast them out of the sky and deflect the weapons blasts. We would then pull out our big guns and fire nukes. Maybe we'd take down some smaller craft, but not something like a mothership.

IF we somehow capture their intact crafts and they are not vaporized from the nuclear blast, we may have a chance to reverse engineer some of their weapons to use against them if we have the capability to do so. Two other problems include the time it takes to replicate their weaponry and also the likely situation of their having defenses against their own weaponry. More than likely, by the time we actually DO create one of their weapons or craft, it will already be too late. The aliens will have taken months if not years to study the human race, its culture, technology, and behaviors, and carefully go over the quickest ways to accomplish their takeover. They wouldn't travel light years to get to us and attack without knowing anything about their enemy. They would then, at the right moment, take out our energy sources, communications, try to disable our nukes (especially if they have the goal of colonizing Earth), and find ways to demoralize us based on studies of our behavior.....Or they could just drag a few giant rocks and drop them on us
. That would definitely be the most economical way to kill us.

By the way Cereal, I like your avatar
, Metal Slug 2?

[edit on 1-2-2005 by zhangmaster]

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join