It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"I Am" is our anti-mind killer. Our pain, is our conquest: Victor and subject to us.

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 23 2013 @ 01:14 PM
link   
Are you doing breathing? Are you pumping the heart?
Can you stop thinking? Can you stop moving? Can you stop hearing, seeing, smelling?

You might think there is a you doing it - but what and where is this you and what is it doing exactly?
edit on 23-3-2013 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2013 @ 01:22 PM
link   

edit on 23-3-2013 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2013 @ 01:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by tadaman
reply to post by Itisnowagain

The brainstem, which is made up of the Medulla oblongata, pons, and midbrain, controls actions such as breathing, digestion, heart beat, sneezing, etc.

Where are 'you' in the above?
What bit is the bit 'you' are doing?
Where are 'you' in all of this?

posted on Mar, 23 2013 @ 01:41 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 23 2013 @ 01:42 PM
link   
reply to post by tadaman

Yes - it is just happening along with all that happens.
There is no one separate - nothing is separate - it is one.

posted on Mar, 23 2013 @ 01:48 PM
link   
reply to post by tadaman

Itisnowagain is a part of you that wishes to destroy all experience of self awareness.
Let it do so, do not answer it.
Discussion and exchange can only take place on the plane of individuality and separation.

posted on Mar, 23 2013 @ 01:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bluesma
reply to post by tadaman

Itisnowagain is a part of you that wishes to destroy all experience of self awareness.
Discussion and exchange can only take place on the plane of individuality and separation.

There will always be experience.
However, the belief in a self will cause unnecessary suffering.

The energy is just contracted and feels uncomfortable - it can relax back and feel the wholeness.

posted on Mar, 23 2013 @ 01:55 PM
link   
you know Forget this.

I hate it when that one person latches onto a thread and does this crap.

The monopoly of BS is endless. They need the last word. Contest everything ever said, and try to take on the entire subject as they see fit.

It is absurd.

Bluesma you are right. I WAS going to troll hard core,but then realized this is a thread I started so decided to just erase it all.

In the end you just have to let them run their course. It is just such a waste. You are right.

posted on Mar, 23 2013 @ 01:57 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 23 2013 @ 02:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Itisnowagain

reply to post by tadaman

There will always be experience.
However, the belief in a self will cause unnecessary suffering.

The energy is just contracted and feels uncomfortable - it can relax back and feel the wholeness.

JUst pretending you are a separate being, that doesn't already know this thought that *happened*.
The existence of self also carries enormous amounts of joy and exquisite happiness.

If consciousness has embarked upon that experience far enough to form an individual form of matter, then it is REAL for that bit, and it is DESIRED.

posted on Mar, 23 2013 @ 02:22 PM
link   

The existence of self also carries enormous amounts of joy and exquisite happiness.

The one true self is love - it is 'I am'. However, the separate self (individual) is never satisfied (me story).

'Me' wants.
'I am' is emptiness filled.

Neither is right or wrong -one way hurts though..

posted on Mar, 23 2013 @ 03:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Itisnowagain

There is no you without the other you, or you wouldn't be able to reply what not existing you wants to correspond. It is still "not 'I'" for you IINA. I think you are destroying oneness the way you are replying.

You must make sure you do not make faults for your purpose to be fulfilled. You may further continiue.

You might as well read a book ItINA. Did you never had yourself in you, you would know who others are.

posted on Mar, 23 2013 @ 04:30 PM
link   
Zen doesn't cut it,it's too obstructive.Yes that ego is there as a tool to use in this life ,otherwise I'm quite sure you wouldn't have it. God by the way is an aspect of reality not an entity as such are discussed. A piece of all there is.

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 09:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Angle

You are very wise.

Why am I seeing you in so many threads today?

posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 05:03 AM
link   
Each individual "I" has started feeling the connection within us (God part of us) since the advent of internet especially social networks, realizing that we are God's children playing out here to get divided and then to unite again by dropping out our egos and regaining Unity consciousness.

posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 05:20 AM
link   
reply to post by BeingPure

Hi BeingPure, welcome to ats.

Where ever you are unity already is. This is oneness here and now. The mind though imagines more than there is. So it takes you to places and times that do not exist. In these places that do not exist you live in a world of separation. It gets confusing to live in two worlds - this one that is here presently - and a make believe one going on in imagination.
This is what divides us in two and causes stress.
All that is needed is for one to realize that one is always here and now. Stay here and now and just watch the movies about other times and 'know' that they are not real. This here and now is real - the rest is just dramas playing in mind.

'I am' is said in present tense. Stay with the 'I am' and presence is established. 'I was' and 'I will be' - forget them for they are not true.
To be or not to be? Being or becoming - I am is already - so, no to becoming.

youtu.be...
edit on 31-3-2013 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 12:07 AM
link   
So this thread has sat for long enough. One last thing in closing.

I figure "certain people" have moved on to other threads, or just created their own to fill with crap so the coast is clear so to speak.

LOL

I just wanted to post one more thing since I cant stand to look at this thread and see this guys post here.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I AM, Is a powerful idea. It is an acknowledgement of the self in its totality. It is also an acknowledgement of the infinite potential every person has in them by way of their spirit. Some may say it is only a oneness...well I say they are limited by their desire to validate an ethos with company....

Sure many douche bags and charlatans have used it like any other truly powerful message to further their own ideas...but in reality it is no ones. It is a concept that is firmly rooted in reality.

I mentioned before that it can be used as a tool to remind ourselves of the "more" we are when faced with a situation that seemingly ends a part of us...to us anyways. I feel it is a pathway for the spirit to come forth...and is most useful when mortality weighs us down.

Growing old, dealing with pain of a physical or mental nature, overcoming limitations which we set ourselves....douche baggery....lol

It is a choice to move on as initially intended in moments to us like when we took our first breath...or when after a good life, we take our last with confidence. Its a reaffirmation of faith.

Do you believe in yourself and your truth? If the answer is no....then just remember "I AM"....

edit on 10 29 2013 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2013 @ 01:38 AM
link   
Can someone explain to me the meaning of I am? I've seen this used in spiritual teachings over and over, and as mantra sometimes.

I am strong. I am hungry... etc etc.. this makes sense. I can't picture what I am is though? It's like an incomplete sentence.

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join