It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"I Am" is our anti-mind killer. Our pain, is our conquest: Victor and subject to us.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 23 2013 @ 06:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Angle
reply to post by Itisnowagain

Where is the another me? Or it is to unite with the One, or one unites with one of the opposite sex. Both unities can occur together.

There is not another you - in fact there is no you.

This right here and right now is ALL there is. It is one. There is nothing else but this.
There is not a you and this - what is happening is happening and you are no separate from it.
You are not doing it - it is doing you.
It is done.
edit on 23-3-2013 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2013 @ 06:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by tadaman

Pain CAN be fuel for something.

Pain IS the fuel to something. But therefore one does not have to be done pain.

I starred and flagged the thread Tadaman.

posted on Mar, 23 2013 @ 06:48 AM
link   

"You are not doing it, it does you."

Yes it does, and I cannot be different then what it obeys me to be. But my mind may not be narrowed, but you keeping on talking to me somehow heals the narrowedness of my mind.

Still I interpretate your replies in different ways everytime I read it but you already did a good job staying steady on the subject! Thanks Itisnowagain!

Sorry tadaman if this somehow took over your thread.

posted on Mar, 23 2013 @ 07:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Angle

"You are not doing it, it does you."

Yes it does, and I cannot be different then what it obeys me to be. But my mind may not be narrowed, but you keeping on talking to me somehow heals the narrowedness of my mind.

Still I interpretate your replies in different ways everytime I read it but you already did a good job staying steady on the subject! Thanks Itisnowagain!

Sorry tadaman if this somehow took over your thread.

If it is realized there is no one - who's to worry about how narrow the mind is? Who's mind is it when it is discovered that there is no one?

posted on Mar, 23 2013 @ 07:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Angle

IMO....

well not always. Sometimes the "fuel/ drive" is the discomfort of excess comfort. When you are too rested and so restless.

When you feel not pain, and so you feel nothing. You then cast yourself unto the inequities of the world like a buddha prince so as to become more. The lack of pain, the excess of comfort can be the same fuel.

Pain is just another feeling. Like pleasantness is.

In the end as in the beginning,
all is nothing. All is all...

existence is cycles within cycles. Time unto time. You are the only one that counts its passing. You are the one that notices its progression. You only notice YOU.

You can have an opinion. ABOUT YOU. Without you, there is not "good" or "evil". Pain or pleasure.

Without the witness to the hour glass there is no time.

Without the knowledge of mortality, there is no mortality. Then the self is not and all that remains are the cycles.

Passing, coming forth. All the same.

That is not something that NEEDS, fuel. You NEED fuel. YOU may need pain like at one point you may need comfort.

Balance is always the goal. With pain like all things, If none is, then some MUST be. If all is pain, then some comfort must be made.

The center is where I AM sits, to us "waiting". To perception, out side of it, "it is in time, waiting". Within it, it is timeless.

The past, the future, all the same.
The reason /drive /fuel, is irrelevant to I AM. It simply IS.

edit on 23-3-2013 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2013 @ 07:17 AM
link   
reply to post by tadaman

Well, you certainly give a good demonstration of the masculine drive that hits boys and young men to get in fights, to do Jackass stunts, do sports which result in pain and injury. To rise above the body and learn to ignore it's processes, needs, and desires. In doing so, they feel less dominated by those.

I guess that is beneficial to society as well, to an extent- it's great when men have learned not to rape a woman whenever the urge arises, for example.

I think you can go too far as well, though, to a point of not listening to the body, not respecting it.

To me, pain is calling my attention to damage in my tissues. It is the alarm system of my physical vehicle, like the one in my car which turns on and flashes when my engine is overheating, or my oil is low, or a door is open.

This tends to stimulate my body to produce energy for me to use in repairing the damage, and changing the circumstances which might be causing the damage. It produces hormones, and I choose whether to use them for fight or flight. My mind determines the source of the harm and what action is most effective.

You can learn to ignore those signals, there's no doubt.

But once you've gained that awareness of yoruself as a mental being, beyond physical, there comes the next step in wisdom- knowing that that mental being is dependant upon that physical vehicle to interact with this world.

Let it be damaged repeatedly, or destroyed, and you can maybe become an orb that floats around observing this world and thinking about it... but if you want to be part of things, you would do better to take care of that vehicle and not ignore the warning lights on the dashboard....

posted on Mar, 23 2013 @ 07:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Bluesma

But once you've gained that awareness of yourself as a mental being, beyond physical, there comes the next step in wisdom- knowing that that mental being is dependent upon that physical vehicle to interact with this world.

excellent point. When you realize all that you are, you learn to preserve that which you are. In the same way you would acknowledge when your body must die and not fight it, you would also know that your body must live and preserve it.

Everything in its purpose understood. Your mechanical body is an expression of you. It is a perfect instrument of your minds physical expression. To work with broken tool produces poor works.

We are here, or at least, we are able to express ourselves here with the use of a physical body. While here, like anywhere, keep that which is within its purpose. We live so we must continue to live. It is the same logic of letting die when the time comes. While it has not, we must fight to live.

posted on Mar, 23 2013 @ 07:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Bluesma

A mental being?
The individual is certainly mental.

posted on Mar, 23 2013 @ 07:32 AM
link   

reply to post by Bluesma

But once you've gained that awareness of yourself as a mental being, beyond physical, there comes the next step in wisdom- knowing that that mental being is dependent upon that physical vehicle to interact with this world.

excellent point. When you realize all that you are, you learn to preserve that which you are. In the same way you would acknowledge when your body must die and not fight it, you would also know that your body must live and preserve it.

Everything in its purpose understood. Your mechanical body is an expression of you. It is an perfect instrument of your minds physical expression. To work with broken tool produces poor works.

We are here, or at least, we are able to express ourselves here with the use of a physical body. While here, like anywhere, keep that which is within its purpose. We live so we must continue to live. It is the same logic of letting die when the time comes. While it has not, we must fight to live.

Fighting to live is what the individual does because he believes that life is separate. It's very heavy to have a life - such a weight!!

posted on Mar, 23 2013 @ 07:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Itisnowagain
reply to post by Bluesma

A mental being?

Yes.

posted on Mar, 23 2013 @ 07:38 AM
link   

reply to post by Angle

IMO....

well not always. Sometimes the "fuel/ drive" is the discomfort of excess comfort. When you are too rested and so restless.

yes, the discomfort of excess comfort. Sadly enough I know what you mean

When you feel not pain, and so you feel nothing. You then cast yourself unto the inequities of the world like a buddha prince so as to become more. The lack of pain, the excess of comfort can be the same fuel.

Ah!

Pain is just another feeling. Like pleasantness is.

but you are kind of talking about a typical type of pain isnt it

In the end as in the beginning,
all is nothing. All is all...

existence is cycles within cycles. Time unto time. You are the only one that counts its passing. You are the one that notices its progression. You only notice YOU.

Yes, I am the only one noticing everything here.. that is right

You can have an opinion. ABOUT YOU. Without you, there is not "good" or "evil". Pain or pleasure.

Without the witness to the hour glass there is no time.

I have to take you on your word with this one. Without clocks (which is clocktime) the cycles within cycles (which is time) remaihains.

Without the knowledge of mortality, there is no mortality. Then the self is not and all that remains are the cycles.

yes, without the knowledge there is none (in the mind) But if I drop myself off of a building now?? I have no clue about what would happen, but maybe I wont be dead, that could be, really, I mean it.

Passing, coming forth. All the same.

That is not something that NEEDS, fuel. You NEED fuel. YOU may need pain like at one point you may need comfort.

Yes, as I do need women

Balance is always the goal. With pain like all things, If none is, then some MUST be. If all is pain, then some comfort must be made.

Balance through pain

The center is where I AM sits, to us "waiting". To perception, out side of it, "it is in time, waiting". Within it, it is timeless.

Cool, Is the center the heart? Balancing your mind through interference of the heart? + timelessness within time!

The past, the future, all the same.

This I understand

The reason /drive /fuel, is irrelevant to I AM. It simply IS.

mustnt there be a reason/drive/fuel for the mind to reach the I am (the heart?)

edit on 23-3-2013 by Angle because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2013 @ 07:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bluesma

reply to post by Bluesma

A mental being?

Yes.

What is happening is happening presently but the mind imagines that there is more than what is happening.
The mind produces images of 'what is not happening' and if the images are not realized to be images arising presently then one becomes divided.
A individual is born out of the belief in ideas arising presently.

If one believes the mind then one is mental.
The thoughts that speak of tomorrow arise presently. There is only presence - nothing else.

posted on Mar, 23 2013 @ 07:48 AM
link   

Yes. That is the nature of experience of self-other separation.

edit on 23-3-2013 by Bluesma because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2013 @ 07:50 AM
link   

Yes. That is the nature of experience of self-other separation.

edit on 23-3-2013 by Bluesma because: (no reason given)

When it is realized that there is no 'self' or 'other' then there can be no fear or confusion.
The problem is solved. The game is up!

posted on Mar, 23 2013 @ 07:53 AM
link   
Reply to previous posts:

Then this is a physical experience for the body. But there is the soul which lives the invisible world. Illusion is this invisible world is disturbed/corrupted/incomplete/broken. We're totally rising above here/(denying ignorance).

"No mind" I am thinking of. But it's kind of a boring experience when you're on your own here. Maybe this latter was a lie/illusion.

To be without strings attached.

AWESOME!

posted on Mar, 23 2013 @ 07:54 AM
link   

When it is realized that there is no 'self' or 'other' then there can be no fear or confusion.

...or

The game begins! With joy in the knowledge that we are playing a self-other game we have chosen to do!
Whoopee!!!!!

posted on Mar, 23 2013 @ 07:55 AM
link   

...or

The game begins! With joy in the knowledge that we are playing a self-other game we have chosen to do!
Whoopee!!!!!

Who can choose? There is no one.
All there is is what is happening.

posted on Mar, 23 2013 @ 07:57 AM
link   

Consciousness.

posted on Mar, 23 2013 @ 07:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Bluesma

So would you say there is 'no one' who can choose?

Is 'consciousness' a who?

posted on Mar, 23 2013 @ 08:05 AM
link   

...or

Whoopee!!!!!

There is no 'we' in oneness (I am). And there is no choice in oneness (I am - regardless).
The one is doing it all - and that one is not you.
Can you find a 'you' here? Take away every 'thing' that is not you and see what is left.
The game is hide and seek, when the game is up - there will be no more seeking.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join