It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Solutions forum.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 09:52 AM
link   
We have a lot of good minds here on ATS and discuss a lot of things. We mostly get into heated discussions about things though, arguing about piddly little things.

It would be nice to form a forum that the pertinent information from discussions we make can be entered in and further hashed out to make them fit societies needs. I am talking about things we can do something about, not controversy about things that we cannot do things about. Our research and conclusions may be seen by those who can implement them into the systems in society though and they could have an effect on progression of mankind.

This solutions forum would evolve from regular forums to try to figure out how to combine consensus of the time, environmental aspects, Economic aspects, and political implications and responses to the information. The end game of evolution of an idea that may help this world.

If things arise that weren't thought of then the forum could be closed temporarily by a mod and a general forum created till the bickering stops. Then the thread could return to the solutions forum to be worked on again.

This is just an idea, I think the Mods could evaluate this better. It would be nice to have a forum that businesses, science, and the government could use to possibly help them. We may be able to better this world this way.

I am not completely out of my box but can see I also need to know more about consequences of actions. I understand there are many people out there that know about these consequences. Using Occams razor needs to utilize truth as a major contributor also and consensus of the time has to play a lesser role. We can't crush dreams, just persuade them to follow a path of rationality.

Is this feasible or will it just turn into another place to argue?

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 09:45 AM
link   
reply to post by rickymouse

Rickymouse, you ask, in the closing summary of your OP, wether or not the idea is viable. I think that this question is rather more involved than it may, at first, appear.

For a start, that largely depends on the subject matter involved with the individual case that is being worked on at the time. For instance, concensus is possible on matters pertaining to some sciences, where facts are known, and idiocy is easily identified and corrected.

However, on matters where politics, religion, and the like are concerned, it may be very much harder to come to a unanimous agreement, or anything close to it, since these things are based on an individuals opinion and the influence that the culture of thier nation, town or village has had on thier upbringing. They are far more difficult as a result.

However, I think that the idea has vast merit. I believe that there are people abroad in the wilds of ATS who would appreciate the oppertunity to use thier reasoning and discussion skills, to come up with answers to the questions that bind us all, solutions to the issues of the day. Although I would also point out, that when a thread is well written, it usually asks questions of those participating, which have the effect of turning debate toward finding solutions rather than seeking to further divide opinion.

I agree its worth looking into though, for certain.

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 10:59 AM
link   
reply to post by TrueBrit

Some threads get long and multiple threads form for similar concerns. By making a solution thread on this, someone would have to combine the threads results and concerns. Links to the threads would have to be given so people could reference them.

The same things seem to get hashed out over and over on different threads, it is hard to find condensed information and ideas to work with. Right in the middle of a fast moving thread something is seen that makes sense but it is quickly buried by other posts. Reading through all responses is critical if this is to occur. Credentials and confidence in post often keep the thinking in the box. Sometimes evidence that is not pertinent is used to discredit the subject. This form of discreditation is used often by society.

Organizing this would be time consuming and even the OP could possibly steer people away from the solution. I don't know if this is feasible because of this problem. The perception of the OP could cause problems in assembling the evidence. This is normal human nature, it is not a right or wrong concept. I have lived long enough to see that everyone sees things a little differently.

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 11:08 AM
link   
reply to post by rickymouse

True enough.

What you say about points being buried mid thread is true, although technically speaking one should read every post in a thread before commenting, although I can understand the impatience that leads to people posting previously to doing so.

posted on Mar, 23 2013 @ 06:53 AM
link   
I believe this suggested forum should be created. A 'Genuine/Genius Ideas for Solutions' forum group sounds about right to me.

In this manner people can focus on solutions to worldwide, or even local, issues in a manner that works around whatever various conspiracy is creating the problem itself. And while not all problems that require solutions could be rooted in the conspiracy of man, there is always the alternative subject/thinking aspect which would be nurtured in such a forum group and by introducing to members such ways of thinking and developing the desire to reach such conclusions in subjects - all other forums will be impacted by members sharing that philosophy of discussion into all subjects here.

I think it's a very good idea.

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 02:50 PM
link   
I'll put my vote in for this as well, even though it's worthless; it takes an act of God or congress to get a new forum created here...

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 06:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by SilentKoala
I'll put my vote in for this as well, even though it's worthless; it takes an act of God or congress to get a new forum created here...

That could be the first solution for the solution forum

new topics

top topics

join