It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NASA's Apollo Engines Recovered from Ocean Deep

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 09:18 AM
link   
Amazon CEO rescues Apollo Engine.

Amazon CEO Jeff Bezos announced that his underwater expedition recovered the mangled wreckage of two rocket engines from the Apollo program in the Atlantic Ocean. The recovery lasted three weeks.

There is a treasure trove of NASA artifacts on the sea floor. They also discovered two Saturn V F 1 rockets used in the Apollo Program from 1963 to 1972, the article reported.

They found rocket components and engine nozzles, the author reported. NASA is reportedly working with Mr. Bezos to restore engine hardware. It was reported that serial numbers were badly damaged making program identification difficult.

I think this should have been done years ago, prior to all the damage caused by salt water. It's a significant part of history and space exploration.

Recovered Apollo Program Engine
edit on 21-3-2013 by Cosmic911 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 09:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Cosmic911

Yes....and the paper was quick to say that they are anxious to recover the F1 engines. Are they really F1 or S1's. Do we really think NASA will allow them to have these boosters? And what if someone with knowledge to tell the difference is on-board that CAN tell the difference ??

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 10:25 AM
link   
I wonder why mankind is so terrible interested in their history but don´t give a flyin fack about their future.

This is a boat worth to be recovered: The Soviet submarine K-27

Then the K-27 was towed to a special training area in the eastern Kara Sea, and she was scuttled there on 6 September 1982 near the location 72°31'28"N., 55°30'09"E.[5] off the northeastern coast of Novaya Zemlya (at Stepovoy Bay), in a fjord at a depth of just 33 meters.

In September 2012 it was reported that the sub needed to be lifted from its shallow bed in the Kara Sea. The vessel is a "nuclear time bomb", as the rusting and decaying vessel may be reaching a critical level leading to an "uncontrolled chain reaction"

Source: en.wikipedia.org...

Here are some more: en.wikipedia.org...
edit on 21-3-2013 by rocket88 because: more info

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 11:23 AM
link   
If these engines can be recovered to the surface will it tell us anymore about the ability of NASA to get the Apollo rocket into space at the time and whether that element of the moon landings, i.e., engines as powerful as claimed, is true or not. I am not taking a stand either way on this issue, at the moment, I am just posing the question.

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 11:55 AM
link   
reply to post by rocket88

Do you remember the Glomar Exployer? It was a joint project between CIA and Howard Hughes to raise a Soviet submarine. I think this example demostrates the great lengths both the United States and Soviet Union made in attempt to maintain the lead during The Cold War. Fascinating piece of history.

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 12:40 PM
link   
Somethings not quite right.
Look at the picture of the recovered engine on deck next to a human.
Does that bell look big enough to be from an F1?

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 12:55 PM
link   

I also believe the article on Aulis.com about the Saturn entitled, "Did this Saturn 5 rocket get to the Moon"...may be the defining piece to silence the pro NASA people arguing their lost cause.

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 03:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Rob37n

Not really, the design specs and chemical properties of the fuel are readily available. Anyone who knows how to do the calculations could figure out the thrust capabilities of the rocket and if it's enough to reach escape velocity. As far as I know, the hoax crowd don't really question NASA's ability to get to the moon (they need to believe it to be able to explain away the retroreflectors), it's just the ability to get people there they don't understand.

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 06:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by nomickeyshere

I also believe the article on Aulis.com about the Saturn entitled, "Did this Saturn 5 rocket get to the Moon"...may be the defining piece to silence the pro NASA people arguing their lost cause.

So are you of the belief that NASA didn't make it to the moon? I'll have to check out that article. Was it a good read?

jra

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 10:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by samkent
Somethings not quite right.
Look at the picture of the recovered engine on deck next to a human.
Does that bell look big enough to be from an F1?

What engine bell? The majority of it has been broken off. Compare it to this image here. It likely broke off when it impacted into the ocean.

top topics

join