It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

In Other Futile Events: Young "Pro-Marriage" Conservatives Plan March on DC..

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 03:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by begoodbees
reply to post by Sigismundus

What you have sited refers to the Israelite's falling into sin/sodomy/paganism and then repenting and expelling the whores. I fail to see your point. You are giving examples of sodomy being called sin and then done away with by righteous kings. The male prostitutes were holy to the pagans/sodomites religion not the Hebrew religion, I don't see how you failed to recognize that. The ancient greeks were sick pedophiles that is a known fact. The bible says it is a sin, it does not say that no Hebrew ever sinned, you are drawing some very weak conclusions based on what you want to believe. Also the word confusion in 1 Samuel 20 would be better translated as shame. So Saul is mad at the shameful acts of his son. How does this help your case?
edit on 25-3-2013 by begoodbees because: (no reason given)

The Greeks were sick pedophiles? A whole damn nation were all sick pedophiles? Good grief... did it ever occur to you that King James may have just played with the translation a bit to suit what their viewed as proper at the time?

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 03:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by begoodbees
reply to post by Sigismundus

Wow, you are still missing the point. Everything you are presenting is proof that the Hebrew faith (the bible) is against homosexuality.
edit on 25-3-2013 by begoodbees because: (no reason given)

Um, no. What he is pointing out is that there are many many cases, even in the Bible of homosexuality, and that in most of those cases, the only problem was with a dad who's pissed his kid wont give him an heir for the kingdom.

Again, Those sexually repressed monks who took the words of Paul literally (ever wonder why Paul didn't marry? Oddly enough, there are a lot of Catholic priests who didn't marry, and they seem to have an apatite for men too. Not saying Paul was gay, but hey - if Paul were alive today, the Christians in the country would label him that way and he'd be on the cover of TMZ.

At any rate, a bunch of monks who are translating Hebrew texts for the King seemed to find that the ONLY way to have sex - despite the Song of Songs, is missionary with your wife... of course that's after she's had sex with the kings as is his right, even that THATS not in the bible either....

Look - gay relationships are bad for societies when those societies need more babies... um, like a kingdom that needs workers and soldiers....

THAT is why it's a SIN... not because anal sex is the devils way of casting you out of heaven.

All this, and I'm not even into dudes... jeeze!

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 03:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by gncnew

Originally posted by Sigismundus
reply to post by gncnew

Hi GNC

It seems to me that Equality For All means Equality for All means Equality for All means Equality for ALL, not just for what we laughingly refer to as 'the breeder population.'

As for the religious aspects to this discussion, you have homework to do, apparently.

I dont want to... you have it covered just fine.

I'm not surprised a bit though.

new topics

<< 1  2   >>

join