It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NSW laws passed to end right to silence

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 08:56 AM
link   
Are these steps to get us closer to a NWO.

A minor poke at liberty disguised to combat criminal gangs.

www.news.com.au...

I happen to get a glimpse of a story on the one of the morning breakfast shows on Australian TV this morning that set of alarm bells in my conspiracy driven mind and thought I might share by posting my first thread.

Tried a search and couldn't find anything.

-A reporter spoke this morning about how this has been implemented in the UK,

-Pointed out how this law could be gold mine for Lawyers to extend trails arguing over its legal precedence and other matters.

-Puts more strain on Australian Courts that are overflowed with a backlog of cases still waiting.

This is just a bit of paraphrasing of what I recall being said on the show,

Personally I think this stinks, reading the arguments presented by officials for and against, it all seems like a dog and pony show, a drama being played out with real consequences involving real people.

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 09:11 AM
link   
reply to post by InhaleExhale

So from what I understand they are saying that if you choose to remain silent during questioning by the police it will be viewed unfavorably by the judge and jury when the case goes to trial. That's pretty crappy and I agree it probably is another step toward an NWO take over. That being said I would remain silent anyway. Better the judge and jury view my silence as unfavorable than to hand myself over for a guilty verdict by incriminating myself and giving them self-damning evidence on a silver platter.

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 09:54 AM
link   
reply to post by littled16

If your lawyer can talk the talk so to speak as they are all educated to,

they can extend trails on minors details, back up the courts even more than they are.

I see it more of a positive for the lawyers and accused if the accused has the right lawyer.

It might provide a positive for the justice system concerning organized crime but can open a whole can of worms for other accused crimes.

I really don't understand the law, if I choose to keep my mouth my shut, force me to speak and I will cut out my tongue, no law can make a human speak if they choose not too and all these laws create more enemies of the system.

posted on Mar, 23 2013 @ 10:47 AM
link   
reply to post by InhaleExhale

"NSW Police Commissioner Andrew Scipione denied the legislation would infringe on a person's basic rights.
"This is simply a matter of trying to level the playing field," he told reporters in Sydney.
"This is about making sure that people can't concoct an excuse when they get to court on the first occasion and try and catch us out by not having disclosed that previously.
"I don't think it trashes civil liberties."
Opposition Leader John Robertson called the proposal a "government stunt" and said if Mr O'Farrell was serious about gun crime he would outlaw bikie gangs."

and to think when i was younger i wanted to move to austraila because i thought i was like usa but better.. your country is getting worse than mine now. glad i didnt move heh

so now you have no guns and no right to silence or free speech because im pretty sure silence is a form on speech as weird as that sounds heh as in i plead the 5th ^^

posted on Jun, 4 2019 @ 07:27 AM
link   
nevermind. Old thread.
edit on 4-6-2019 by BrianFlanders because: (no reason given)

top topics

join