It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My new filmscore-esque music, yay or nay?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 08:39 AM
link   
I have recently been working on some more soundtrack-esque songs to try and get into the film scoring industry but I need to have some projects under my belt first! So i just spent a week or so writing songs for imaginary ideas I had just to try and get some more traditional songs together and here's what i came up with.

Link
Set with 7 tracks

Each one has an idea place and theme in it so maybe to make things more interesting you can give it a guess

On another note if you are making maybe a film project for college or uni or perhaps a game even I'd be willing to do some composing to build up my portfolio. I'm not sure how this fits in with the T&C so if this is inappropriate mod's just let me know and i'll remove it

Thanks guys and gals

edit on 21/3/2013 by constant_thought because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 08:52 AM
link   
Nice! I can suggest one of my friends..his name is tenneson tanner..a cinematographer here in southern Illinois..maybe he can be of some help? Check him out..and if you want to contact him it's on the site

GOOD LUCK!

Tenneson Tanner

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 09:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Neopan100

Thanks Neopan100
I'm giving the link a look now, the films look impressive. I'll be sure to try and get in touch with him and send him some of my work.

Thanks again Neopan

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 09:35 AM
link   
I like the themes.
Maybe you would be interested in some composition collaboration ?
Here is a link to my classical pieces
www.reverbnation.com...

and the more prog rock-ish stuff
www.reverbnation.com...

shoot me a msg. I Work with Finale for the classical and i compose / write lyrics / play bass / some volcals for the rock stuff.

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 09:54 AM
link   
reply to post by davznothere

Nice! I like what I've heard so far, I will give some more a listen when I get home in a few days, the internet connection here is terrible so it takes a while to load. I have thought about doing collaborative work with other people before but I just wouldn't know where to begin really. I tend to kind of be a bit of a lone wolf when it comes to writing and have always wrote for all the instruments but we can definitely give something a try if you are interested. Just PM me a message with your email and I'll get back to you when I get home.

Thanks for listening davznothere

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 02:02 PM
link   
Professional and impressive! WOW!!!!!!!

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 03:06 PM
link   
reply to post by constant_thought

Great stuff, what program do you use?

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 05:15 PM
link   
Very good stuff. I love film scores. I'm a Hans Zimmer fan. Keep it up.

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 08:51 PM
link   
Came back because I forgot to star and flag you.

Hope this thread gets more attention.

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 12:34 AM
link   
Yay. Watching a Carbon Ketch from Vitters, with your score in background was good.

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 12:27 PM
link   
Thanks everyone for the feedback, I'm glad you all liked it
Hopefully I'll have a fully scored short film or animation soon, but it's just so hard to find indie films which haven't been already scored to- hence why it's only music at the moment. I'll keep hunting though

Imafungi, I use Ableton live 8 and numerous VST's aswell, for this type of music it's mostly Symphobia 1+2, 8dio products and Eastwest strings.
I also use Omnisphere for a few things as well, for instance the piano and some of the strings. I did have Ivory Keys Piano which is good but the range of shaping and modulation you can do in Omnisphere is unbelievable so I like to use that to alter the sounds to where I want them. Then mix and master and it's good to go.
Do you produce music as well?

Thanks everyone

top topics

join