It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

DHS questioned over decision to let Saudi passengers skip normal passport controls

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 06:44 AM
link   

A Department of Homeland Security program intended to give "trusted traveler" status to low-risk airline passengers soon will be extended to Saudi travelers, opening the program to criticism for accommodating the country that produced 15 of the 19 hijackers behind the Sept. 11, 2001, terrorist attacks.

Sources voiced concern about the decision to the Investigative Project on Terrorism, which issued a report Wednesday on the under-the-radar announcement -- which was first made by Homeland Security Secretary Janet Napolitano after meeting in January with her Saudi counterpart. According to the IPT, this would be the first time the Saudi government has been given such a direct role in fast-tracking people for entry into the United States.

Interesting. DHS seems to be looking harder and harder at Americans as threats to America...while the big hugs go out to those who have been documented as sending people to kill us. That's just a bit backwards, it seems to me.

Only an exclusive handful of countries enjoy inclusion in the Global Entry program -- Canada, Mexico, South Korea and the Netherlands. According to the IPT, some officials are questioning why Saudi Arabia gets to reap the benefits of the program, when key U.S. allies like Germany and France are not enrolled; Israel has reached a deal with the U.S., but that partnership has not yet been implemented.
Source

It seems the last President isn't the only one as deep in bed with the Saudi Royal Family as he is anyone else. I wouldn't have expected this from Obama. I really wouldn't have. Not so openly and blatant anyway. Adding Saudi, of all nations, to a very select few of our closer allies and established partners in the world? Really?

Well, I'm sure they know best and absolutely nothing can go wrong with all this. Right?

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 07:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Wait, what?

Lemme get this straight.

Give firearms to Mexican drug cartels. Check.
Allow Saudi's to bypass security even though 15 of the 19 WTC attackers were Saudi. Check.

What's next? Arming Muslim extremists in the Middle Eas- wait, what?

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 07:07 AM
link   
This is absurd. When will the fear of being perceived as politically incorrect be overcome?

If Saudis are in control of US protocol, and Israel is in control of US financial assets, and blackops is in charge of most of the taxpayers' "unaccounted for" contributions, who's freaking driving? Miss Daisy?

We bomb one country, then cower in fear at the mere thought of offending countries who bomb us. Is this Stockholm Syndrome on steroids? Did Barry see Lawrence of Arabia and get confused?

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 07:19 AM
link   
Almost makes it sound like Saudi Arabia is running the US. I remember how the Saudis got a free pass to fly out of the US after 9/11 while Americans were stranded wherever they were. Why that alone didn't wake people up never made sense to me. It's amazing how forgiving Americans are towards the Federal government. I guess it helps when the media sells their story everyday to put us in intellectual straitjackets, Interesting development.

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 07:26 AM
link   
Strange list...

Mexico is on it.. Isn't there a problem with drugs and people entering from Mexico ?

Netherlands is on it as well.. As only European country..

Wonder what we Netherlands) did to get on that list... Maybe the buying of the JSF whatever the costs.. :-)

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 07:37 AM
link   
reply to post by EartOccupant

I found the list a bit curious myself. Why Saudi would be chosen before others who aren't mentioned is just outright impossible to understand. After all, before going and opening the door to nations of that type for human rights and known issues of Jihadi fighters, I'd wonder. What is the status for other nations like Australia? New Zealand? Costa Rica? Belize? I can think of a variety of nations I'd see little reason to exclude from trusted status.

I can sure think of some that have no business getting it though and Saudi would be in the top of a short list, to be sure. Obviously, this is a list of political pandering and back rubbing (To come before the back-stabbing), not anything based on solid policy making and security consideration. That's coming a distant second to look at this.

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 07:43 AM
link   
DHS is not for keeping terrorists out, it's for keeping us in. You see them concentrating more and more on citizens and giving everyone else a pass. That "next terrorist attack" is not coming fast enough, so they're relaxing the rules.

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 07:54 AM
link   
Perhapes it's the U.S.'s way to scratch Saudi's back. Consider this, Saudi buys the worthless treasury bonds (come on QE infinity...keep the presses rolln'), and US companies get primo status to "drill baby drill!", only to sell the crude back to the US and the rest of the world. Keeps the Saudi's overhead down, don't have to maintain the equipment, just use someone elses, lol. So, on the side, ICE/DHS fast tracks Saudi nationals just sweetens the deal...for business sake of course.
Don't want to give the rich Sauds a reason not to come to the US.

I wonder if that works the other way around?

(you get one guess, the first one doesn't count. lol)

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 07:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Wait, what?

Lemme get this straight.

Give firearms to Mexican drug cartels. Check.
Allow Saudi's to bypass security even though 15 of the 19 WTC attackers were Saudi. Check.

What's next? Arming Muslim extremists in the Middle Eas- wait, what?

Add to the mix that the TSA is now allowing pocket knives onto commercial airliners again.

The current muslim regime is allowing the same kettle of terrorism to boil over again, and is adding in the ingredients of the last 911 attack.
False flag anyone?
[color=Red ] * 4 The Beez
[color=Red ] * et Flag for The Wabbit

edit on 21-3-2013 by Violater1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 08:07 AM
link   
It`s perfectly safe to let them bypass the security that all us loyal americans are subjected to,It`s not like a bunch of saudi`s flew planes into our buildings, it was iraqi`s and afghani`s that did that,right?.

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 08:09 AM
link   
Thanks Rabbit for this information .... once again the government proves that the extreme security measuress are for people control and training ....

I'm with Beezer ... WTF

also arming our supposed enemy in Syria ... wait ... if people remember right .. we armed Iran and when Iran wouldn't kiss our ass and capitulate to our business interests... where did that get us? we did what after the overthrow of our tyrant in Tehran?

We moved on and armed another tyrant in Baghdad ....

We armed Pakistan a country of questionable honor who supported the Taliban even as they worked with us ...

We are arming the Al-CIA-DIA in Syria ....

There can be only one conclusion ..... we are destabilizing the Middle East ... WHY?

The globalists know that the only way for one world government is out of the ashes of a world war ..... a nuclear war ...... which would be gruesome enough for countries to give up their sovereignty for a New World Order hegemony.

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 12:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000

A Department of Homeland Security program intended to give "trusted traveler" status to low-risk airline passengers soon will be extended to Saudi travelers, opening the program to criticism for accommodating the country that produced 15 of the 19 hijackers behind the Sept. 11, 2001, terrorist attacks.

Sources voiced concern about the decision to the Investigative Project on Terrorism, which issued a report Wednesday on the under-the-radar announcement -- which was first made by Homeland Security Secretary Janet Napolitano after meeting in January with her Saudi counterpart. According to the IPT, this would be the first time the Saudi government has been given such a direct role in fast-tracking people for entry into the United States.

Interesting. DHS seems to be looking harder and harder at Americans as threats to America...while the big hugs go out to those who have been documented as sending people to kill us. That's just a bit backwards, it seems to me.

Only an exclusive handful of countries enjoy inclusion in the Global Entry program -- Canada, Mexico, South Korea and the Netherlands. According to the IPT, some officials are questioning why Saudi Arabia gets to reap the benefits of the program, when key U.S. allies like Germany and France are not enrolled; Israel has reached a deal with the U.S., but that partnership has not yet been implemented.
Source

It seems the last President isn't the only one as deep in bed with the Saudi Royal Family as he is anyone else. I wouldn't have expected this from Obama. I really wouldn't have. Not so openly and blatant anyway. Adding Saudi, of all nations, to a very select few of our closer allies and established partners in the world? Really?

Well, I'm sure they know best and absolutely nothing can go wrong with all this. Right?

I'm in the Global Entry program. I enrolled in it because i traveled back and forth to the middle east so often in the past 9 years. It was worth foregoing those 1-2 hr waits going through customs. But you can still be held up for "further examination".

I put in an application with Customs Border Patrol, a non-refundable $100 fee, went through an interview (did mine at LAX), showed current passport and a 2nd photo ID, had a digital photo and fingerprints taken.

I'm not sure what the application process is and how deep the investigation is for foreign nationals. We do have reciprocal programs with Netherlands, Mexico, Canada, Australia, South Korea.

I'd rather they didn't allow the Saudi's to apply. They can have a clean record, but still may have been radicalized somewhere along the line, in a Madrassa or whatever.

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 10:03 AM
link   
I lived in Saudi Arabia as a KID, and I still get routinely get pulled for a more thorough screening. I don't travel enough nowadays to bother with the Preferred Traveler bit...but seriously, extending this to Saudi citizens? Why even bother screening at all then?

posted on Apr, 10 2013 @ 08:15 AM
link   
ya I had to revive this thread
Can't believe I missed it

WHAT??????????????????

top topics

join