It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Young girl who’s best friends with African wildlife

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 05:48 AM
link   

Born in Africa to French wildlife photographer parents, Tippi Degré had a most unusual childhood. The young girl grew up in the African desert and developed an uncommon bond with many untamed animals including a 28-year old African elephant named Abu, a leopard nicknamed J&B, lion cubs, giraffes, an Ostrich, a mongoose, crocodiles, a baby zebra, a cheetah, giant bullfrogs, and even a snake. Africa was her home for many years and Tippi became friends with the ferocious animals and tribespeople of Namibia. As a young child, the French girl said, “I don’t have friends here. Because I never see children. So the animals are my friends.”

Bought up in the wilds of Africa. This young girl made friends with what many would consider dangerous animals. She had a fantastic childhood. One most of us can only dream of. We can learn a lot from children and how they interact with animals and nature.

www.easyoops.com...

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 05:49 AM
link   
Wildlife is awesome. I wish we can have more kids that will be interested in wildlife. Thanks for sharing.

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 05:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by purplemer
We can learn a lot from children and how they interact with animals and nature.

nice story. She seems connected to the animals, 1 just hopes that she has guardians keeping an eye on her to keep her safe.

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 05:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Ophiuchus 13

I think that massive elephant would do a good job at keeping her safe...

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 05:55 AM
link   
reply to post by purplemer

as well as an adult human eye

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 06:09 AM
link   
I found a short video regarding Tippi.

Here is a full length documentary on her, but alas, it is in French.

edit on 21-3-2013 by occrest because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 06:17 AM
link   
seen these years ago this is here now. last pic she made it without getting eaten
formyhour.com...
edit on 21-3-2013 by haven123 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 06:18 AM
link   

The Transformers will keep African Honey Boo Boo safe.

Stingrays should keep her safe also, with those barbs in particular to beat up the baddies.
edit on 3/21/2013 by Turq1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 06:50 AM
link   
reply to post by haven123

I know this story is a bit old, but I thought it was worth posting as it is a lovely story. Thank you for the link...

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 07:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by haven123
seen these years ago this is here now. last pic she made it without getting eaten
formyhour.com...
edit on 21-3-2013 by haven123 because: (no reason given)

Those are all great pics but I love the one with the ostrich. She looks magical there!

Wow, that is just incredible. I can't imagine letting a snake sit in my lap or being able to stand on a crocodile.

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 02:48 AM
link   
To be honest these pics look staged it looks like some sort of hollywood sugery film... Im sure there are native african childern who have the same bond whith animals

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 03:12 AM
link   
reply to post by texasgirl

Snakes are actually lovely to handle,you'll be surprised.I've been wanting one for ages-you cannot imagine how relaxing and soothing it is,to have one wriggle all over you,and to hold them-its AMAAAAZING,it truly is,obviously the non-poisonous types
Seriously it's incredibly therapeutic.When we still lived in a city,there was a petshop i used to go to,and the owner would let me play with his snake.(Sorry could'nt resist that one) There were a few snakes in the shop at all times,and i could pick one and spend a few minutes with it-i miss that sorely.Moneywise its a bit of a luxury i can't afford at the moment,but maybe in a few years time.I so love the feel of their cool skins against mine,the feel of the muscles moving under the skin-its a living "stressball" in a way.

The crocodile-i do not think that's wise-i would'nt even let one of my dogs near a croc.It must be deliriously awesome to have an elephant as a friend though.

This child indeed has a wonderful,one-in-a-billion life-though i do find it sad that she has no human children her age to interact with-its important too.But at least she seems very happy.
edit on 22-3-2013 by Raxoxane because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 04:21 AM
link   
That picture of her on the ostrich is full of win, she looks, for the lack of a more poignant term, free as a bird there.

All of the pictures are awesome to the hilt. They say kids can communicate with nature better than anyone else, and it looks like Tippi was a surefire expert at it.

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 04:30 AM
link   
This is a fascinating story. As a big wildlife geek, I can't imagine a better childhood. It goes to show that without external influences from 'the system' we are in reality, no different from any other animal on the planet. We are made to believe we are superior from birth in our society. Extremely sad.

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 04:38 AM
link   
This is cool, I just hope she fares better than the guy from Grizzly Man. He thought wild animals were his friends too...until they weren't.
edit on 22-3-2013 by acmpnsfal because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2013 @ 06:29 AM
link   
I can't help thinking that if you tried to bring up you child like this in the UK, said child would be in care before you could say boo!

I mean can you just imagine the risk assessments!!!?

posted on Mar, 24 2013 @ 07:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Raxoxane
reply to post by texasgirl

Snakes are actually lovely to handle,you'll be surprised.I've been wanting one for ages-you cannot imagine how relaxing and soothing it is,to have one wriggle all over you,and to hold them-its AMAAAAZING,it truly is,obviously the non-poisonous types
Seriously it's incredibly therapeutic.When we still lived in a city,there was a petshop i used to go to,and the owner would let me play with his snake.(Sorry could'nt resist that one) There were a few snakes in the shop at all times,and i could pick one and spend a few minutes with it-i miss that sorely.Moneywise its a bit of a luxury i can't afford at the moment,but maybe in a few years time.I so love the feel of their cool skins against mine,the feel of the muscles moving under the skin-its a living "stressball" in a way.

The crocodile-i do not think that's wise-i would'nt even let one of my dogs near a croc.It must be deliriously awesome to have an elephant as a friend though.

This child indeed has a wonderful,one-in-a-billion life-though i do find it sad that she has no human children her age to interact with-its important too.But at least she seems very happy.

I truly admire you. I still can't do it, though.

posted on Mar, 24 2013 @ 07:42 AM
link   

Oh thank gawd! I had to check to see if Tippi made it into adulthood without being eaten or mauled. I am sooo relieved!

As wonderful as her childhood seemed, I could NEVER have let my kids get that close to so many wild animals. I'd have ended up in a nuthouse.

top topics

join