It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

One day man will connect the dots and then...

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 03:32 AM
link   
Since the dawn of man his eyes have become wider. He has noticed a pattern. There were hints left all around him. Like dots on a picture.

Then one day man found he had discovered many dots. So he began to connect them. One after another he drew a line in the same pattern he heard a voice in his head spitting out numbers, "...28034825342117..." he continued connecting. He found that eventually the dots made a round shape he called a circle. The circle encompassed him. And then he stood up.

Man looked around and found many circles. He walked along peering at them all. They were neatly spaced and they stretched beyond sight. He wondered what they looked like from another point of view. So man built a ladder. He climbed the ladder all the way to the top and found the circles created another pattern. He noticed they seemed to spiral together and slightly curved out at the distance. So he walked along the curve as he drew a line. He walked and walked until one time he came upon the beginning of his line. He found out that the ground he walked on was curved.

One day man created a flying machine and he pointed up. He went straight up until he could no longer see the pattern beneath himself. He kept going until he could see nothing. And after a while. He found it again. The pattern was above him. And this time the pattern curved around him. He no longer curved around the pattern, it curved around him like he was in a large sphere.

Man landed back on this pattern and decided to get to the other side. So he dug... man dug until he broke beyond the other side. And when he got to the other side he saw something he could not imagine.

Man saw that the patterns of the outside lined up with the patterns on the inside. He could see through the ground and saw that there was a reflecting pattern like a marble that repeated the pattern over and over again as he peered toward the center. It all pointed there. So he walked along the outer part of the sphere and found a hologram of himself that replayed every single moment all the way from that moment to the beginning of man when he first noticed the pattern, and beyond.

Man quickly got back into his ship and left this marble looking sphere and drifted off until he found that the marble appeared to be like a dot. It no longer had depth, only width. He continued out until he found multiple dots all lined up. They were small and pulsating. They spoke to him numbers in his head. But he would forget them, then remember them, then forget them, all according to the pulsating dots.

The dots appeared to be like a lattice. He sat and watched them until they appeared to drift together . He then saw them separate again. He found that somehow he was able to move about the lattice changing his location and perception of depth of the lattice.

One day he realized that he was not moving through the lattice, but the lattice was moving around him. He never changed his location since the beginning of time. The lattice would change its location and density to meet his perception.

Man manipulated the lattice so much that it began to swirl around inside his head like a weighted thought. The lattice began to disappear when he thought he closed his eyes. Then it reappeared in his head. He opened his eyes and saw nothing. He closed it and saw the lattice. Then it reverted. He closed his eyes and saw nothing and opened them again and saw the lattice. Then he realized he was not opening or closing his eyes, he was choosing weather or not to think of the lattice. He had no eye lids. He had only an idea. Only thought. He tried to look down at himself and saw no body. He was a floating dream. He did not know what lied outside of his thought. He only knew his thought was the only thing suspending him. The thought of the thought became thought. The lack of it was nothing. He realized he was a singe point, just a dot that either could be or couldnt, like a binary code. And so he toiled. He toiled until he lost himself and floated into infinity.

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 03:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dynamike
Since the dawn of man his eyes have become wider. He has noticed a pattern. There were hints left all around him. Like dots on a picture.

Then one day man found he had discovered many dots. So he began to connect them. One after another he drew a line in the same pattern he heard a voice in his head spitting out numbers, "...28034825342117..." he continued connecting. He found that eventually the dots made a round shape he called a circle. The circle encompassed him. And then he stood up.

Man looked around and found many circles. He walked along peering at them all. They were neatly spaced and they stretched beyond sight. He wondered what they looked like from another point of view. So man built a ladder. He climbed the ladder all the way to the top and found the circles created another pattern. He noticed they seemed to spiral together and slightly curved out at the distance. So he walked along the curve as he drew a line. He walked and walked until one time he came upon the beginning of his line. He found out that the ground he walked on was curved.

One day man created a flying machine and he pointed up. He went straight up until he could no longer see the pattern beneath himself. He kept going until he could see nothing. And after a while. He found it again. The pattern was above him. And this time the pattern curved around him. He no longer curved around the pattern, it curved around him like he was in a large sphere.

Man landed back on this pattern and decided to get to the other side. So he dug... man dug until he broke beyond the other side. And when he got to the other side he saw something he could not imagine.

Man saw that the patterns of the outside lined up with the patterns on the inside. He could see through the ground and saw that there was a reflecting pattern like a marble that repeated the pattern over and over again as he peered toward the center. It all pointed there. So he walked along the outer part of the sphere and found a hologram of himself that replayed every single moment all the way from that moment to the beginning of man when he first noticed the pattern, and beyond.

Man quickly got back into his ship and left this marble looking sphere and drifted off until he found that the marble appeared to be like a dot. It no longer had depth, only width. He continued out until he found multiple dots all lined up. They were small and pulsating. They spoke to him numbers in his head. But he would forget them, then remember them, then forget them, all according to the pulsating dots.

The dots appeared to be like a lattice. He sat and watched them until they appeared to drift together . He then saw them separate again. He found that somehow he was able to move about the lattice changing his location and perception of depth of the lattice.

One day he realized that he was not moving through the lattice, but the lattice was moving around him. He never changed his location since the beginning of time. The lattice would change its location and density to meet his perception.

Man manipulated the lattice so much that it began to swirl around inside his head like a weighted thought. The lattice began to disappear when he thought he closed his eyes. Then it reappeared in his head. He opened his eyes and saw nothing. He closed it and saw the lattice. Then it reverted. He closed his eyes and saw nothing and opened them again and saw the lattice. Then he realized he was not opening or closing his eyes, he was choosing weather or not to think of the lattice. He had no eye lids. He had only an idea. Only thought. He tried to look down at himself and saw no body. He was a floating dream. He did not know what lied outside of his thought. He only knew his thought was the only thing suspending him. The thought of the thought became thought. The lack of it was nothing. He realized he was a singe point, just a dot that either could be or couldnt, like a binary code. And so he toiled. He toiled until he lost himself and floated into infinity.

Drugs are bad, mmmkay?

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 04:05 AM
link   
and then,
Poof

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 05:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Dynamike

Nice write up. I have no idea what you are trying to say though.

Care to put your thoughts in a more clear pattern? (pun intended)

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 05:31 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 06:25 AM
link   

This is very good, your writing, I mean, and the concept of thinking himself right out of existence. But a nightmare. especially, this:

He had no eye lids.

Can you imagine the inability to close your eyes.....Horrible, in my opinion.

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 08:44 AM
link   

Thought and movement. That's all a human can do. We don't make our hair grow, the sun shine or the Earth turn. Great thread.

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 08:57 AM
link   
867-5309

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 11:20 AM
link   
There was light, but no skin upon in which to warm.

There were oceans, but no lips upon in which to moisten.

There were bug and animals and birds, but no hunter to gather the bounty to feed upon.

An there goes the stars and planets, one by one, until the last twinkle of light is exhausted all the while no eyes to stare upon the great event.

Wow, I didnt know it but, I can do it too!

Dorian Soran

posted on Mar, 23 2013 @ 12:42 PM
link   
Ok I hate to say this, but I really don't understand the point you are trying to get across. I did enjoy the read though. I was following it, I think, but then the end.... *shrugs* maybe it's just me. Anyway, I also hate to say this but your avatar and this deep piece of writing are an interesting juxtaposition in my mind! (it's a compliment by the way
)

posted on Mar, 23 2013 @ 01:39 PM
link   
Nice read OP.

He toiled until he lost himself and floated into infinity.

Is it all a matter of perspective?

Perhaps in actuality (unknown to him) he first had to lose himself to rediscover himself.

Toil 1. Something that binds, snares, or entangles one; an entrapment. Often used in the plural: caught in the toils of despair. 2. Archaic A net for trapping game.

It is easy to get lost within this world of form (birth), and derive your sense of self by associating with the multitude of forms we "see" around us. It is another thing to wake up to your true form, and rediscover yourself to be something greater than this world of form can define.

This man understands he was not born into this world by an act performed by his parents, nor can he be the product of anything that comes out of this world.

He wakes up and realizes he is the world.

[edit] Just noticed the synchronicity of my name and the first post I decided to reply too.

edit on 23-3-2013 by LOSTINU because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2013 @ 02:07 PM
link   
Honestly people who don't see the point of this OP, obviously haven't connected their (thoughts) dots.....Then it would make perfect sense. It is funny how we could puts (thoughts) dots together, and mold them into many shapes and sizes.

S&F
edit on 23-3-2013 by KonquestAbySS because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2013 @ 02:12 PM
link   

excellent post sir.

You are on to something. Thanks for that. Great read. You word it well.

posted on Mar, 23 2013 @ 02:18 PM
link   
Man can only see the dots that the force allows. There are many dots that are invisible to the violent, stupid, talking monkeys. Time for Man to grow up and forsake his folly; or else continue the false illusion and never discover the true mystery.

Wan truth? Work for justice!
edit on 23-3-2013 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2013 @ 06:40 PM
link   
I'm so glad I read this, this means the OP can see reality and the truth. The way he describes perception being ultimately up to the observer and specifically how dimensional travel works. My favorite part was melding binary and technology with the unknowing observer aspect of plato's allegory the cave.

Great writing OP, I'm actually too excited to type this response out properly.

I have connected the dots, I'm just waiting for the rest of the world to see the picture.
edit on 23-3-2013 by Knives4eyes because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2013 @ 10:52 AM
link   
Thank you all for reading. To be honest there was much more detail in the vision behind this write up than what I was able to portray due to time constraints. But I would like to unravel some of the mystery in being these thoughts.

Since I was a kid I loved finding patterns in places where there seemed to be none. I also liked finding how these patterns repeated themselves in other ways. Patterns that I pieced together in this is the history and discovery of spacial dimensions, pi, fractals, and the lattice theory. I pieced them together and imagined what an onlooker would observe when man discovered these patterns and then attempted to physically search for their beginnings until he finally ended up at the source code. You can only imagine what it must be like to wipe out everything in the universe in attempts to leave the cage of the universe until you are bound only by thought and realized your thoughts were the only remaining cage like an endless paradoxical cycle.

When I described the pattern man first saw I imagined what it must have been like to first discover simple math. The circles on the ground is our way of connecting math with the world around us. We like things that connect. We like things that are round and circled. And we found that these small patterns in life replicated themselves throughout all the universe.

Then we discovered perspective. We found that by taking a step back that there were other dimensions. And dots became circles and circles tubes and tubes back into larger circles. One day we will peel back the dimension we are bound to and try to discover the next higher one. We would escape time and our history could be summed up in one blip much like a photon sees the beginning of time and the end as one moment.

After we make this voyage we would have left with a choice. Do we continue to live bound in this dimension where nothing changes or do we digress back to our world and start over?

Whoever came before us decided that life must continue. Then Bang!

The rest is history.

posted on Mar, 24 2013 @ 10:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ellie Sagan
Ok I hate to say this, but I really don't understand the point you are trying to get across. I did enjoy the read though. I was following it, I think, but then the end.... *shrugs* maybe it's just me. Anyway, I also hate to say this but your avatar and this deep piece of writing are an interesting juxtaposition in my mind! (it's a compliment by the way
)

Haha sorry I was so cryptic. Hopefully my follow up helped. The avatar is me at work lol. I love danger and Science, it's so beautiful.

posted on Mar, 24 2013 @ 11:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by LOSTINU
Nice read OP.

He toiled until he lost himself and floated into infinity.

Is it all a matter of perspective?

Perhaps in actuality (unknown to him) he first had to lose himself to rediscover himself.

Toil 1. Something that binds, snares, or entangles one; an entrapment. Often used in the plural: caught in the toils of despair. 2. Archaic A net for trapping game.

It is easy to get lost within this world of form (birth), and derive your sense of self by associating with the multitude of forms we "see" around us. It is another thing to wake up to your true form, and rediscover yourself to be something greater than this world of form can define.

This man understands he was not born into this world by an act performed by his parents, nor can he be the product of anything that comes out of this world.

He wakes up and realizes he is the world.

[edit] Just noticed the synchronicity of my name and the first post I decided to reply too.

edit on 23-3-2013 by LOSTINU because: (no reason given)

Very perceptive. I loved the response, thank you. "He wakes up and realizes he is the world."- so scary but true.

posted on Mar, 24 2013 @ 11:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by blackz28
867-5309

Jenny

posted on Mar, 24 2013 @ 11:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Knives4eyes
I'm so glad I read this, this means the OP can see reality and the truth. The way he describes perception being ultimately up to the observer and specifically how dimensional travel works. My favorite part was melding binary and technology with the unknowing observer aspect of plato's allegory the cave.

Great writing OP, I'm actually too excited to type this response out properly.

I have connected the dots, I'm just waiting for the rest of the world to see the picture.
edit on 23-3-2013 by Knives4eyes because: (no reason given)

Me too!

top topics

<<   2 >>

join