It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breaking 3/21: Gaza Fires 4 Rockets at Israel During Obama's Visit

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 01:14 AM
link   
RT

This is just breaking that 4 rockets landed in southern Israel during Obama's visit. No injuries were reported. More information will follow.

Get out the popcorn and beverages folks...it may be an interesting night!
edit on 21-3-2013 by supertrot because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 01:18 AM
link   
reply to post by supertrot

could this be the start of something big? i wounder...

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 01:23 AM
link   
Interesting times, indeed.

I'm sure Obama's entourage is scrambling right about now.

I wonder if his visit will be cut short?
edit on 21-3-2013 by daryllyn because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 01:23 AM
link   
I do not care how armored my car was, or how much military might I had surrounding me, I would hate to be a US President visiting the Middle East right now.

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 01:27 AM
link   
Oh gawd here we go.

Ok, so what kind of ‘rockets’ are we talking about?

And honestly - does it really surprise you? You know - fuel to the fire and all that.
I have to admit the ‘what ifs’ are realllllly interesting to ponder huh.

peace

edit on 21-3-2013 by silo13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 01:29 AM
link   

Two of them land in Gaza,

You know the threat is real when the attack doesn't even make it over the border.

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 01:34 AM
link   
reply to post by intrptr

I do not care if it was bottle rockets shot out of someone's back yard. It is the message that this strike is sending. This has broken the cease fire agreement at a very strategic time. I see more, US funded, Israeli air raids in the near future.

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 01:36 AM
link   

I think this is only a big deal because our president is visiting. Militants in Gaza do this pretty regularly.

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 01:36 AM
link   
Mossad probably had their minions do it so as to gain sympathy. I wouldnt put anything past them, and I mean ANYTHING.

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 01:43 AM
link   

It is the message that this strike is sending. This has broken the cease fire agreement at a very strategic time. I see more, US funded, Israeli air raids in the near future.

Which is exactly what it is supposed to do, Be non threatening but allow another round of OMG the Terror, the Terror...

Meanwhile, what little protest there was has been soundly squashed by the local (military) police...

edit on 21-3-2013 by intrptr because: YouTube

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 01:45 AM
link   
Israel..

just wanted to give Obama a taste of the threat at their doorstep!

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 01:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Agit8dChop

Israel..

just wanted to give Obama a taste of the threat at their doorstep!

Gaza and West Bank are Israeli territory aren't they? So its like they are prisoners in their own... land. What threat? Two of the rockets didn't make it out of the place.

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 01:51 AM
link   
And so it begins, pretty dang convenient move when the president of USA is right there in Israel.

This is getting outta of hand for sure...

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 01:52 AM
link   
Four rockets fired by the Israel Defense Force more likely! If they get caught they just classify it as a four rocket salute to POTUS.

P

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 01:59 AM
link   
I have just been checking fox news; but, I do not know why this is not the top story on US news. It has not even been mentioned yet. Fox has also said nothing about North Korea's threat on US bases. Why is our news so much slower. I can think of no other reason, than the government filtering all news before it is published. This has been going on for a few weeks that I have noticed. Stories are breaking on Al Jazeera and RT up to 24 hours before they are hitting US news. Are those of us that read alternative news leads so much in the minority that they don't think we notice?

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 02:49 AM
link   
Update

Officials involved in US President Obama’s visit say there will be no change in his schedule as a result of the Gaza rocket fire. Unprecedented safety measures are being taken in Israel during the visit that can only be compared with Bush visit in 2008 and Papal visit of 2009. More than 15,000 police officers are engaged on the national level, as well as Israel's undercover and special forces, working in cooperation with US security forces.

Evidently this is not causing as much of a disruption as I expected. Obama is set to meet with the Palestinians tomorrow. I guess we will see if this is going to go any further.

From what the article said, I would not be surprized if there are not over 30,000 people physically involved in security for this visit. It would be interesting to know the actual numbers.

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 02:49 AM
link   
Just more israeli terrorist lies I'm sure.
By way of deception, thou shalt do war...
Yep a show for the potus for sure, "Don't cut our funding, we are holding the line for you"!

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 02:50 AM
link   
what a coincidence.

not.

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 03:07 AM
link   

The time lag on major US outlets has been exactly as you described supertrot. Good observation. I have been doing analysis of media coverage - initial timing, number of stories, and follow-up - most interesting when stories disappear that require a legal investigation.

The US MSM media lag has just become more obvious in the recent month. Time is taken to evaluate public response in internet stories before scripting the unified approach that is presented on TV.

As for the rockets...I dunno. The entire trip is bizarre. And I believe it will get stranger. I cannot believe that I watched the pomp and circumstance of Obama and Bibi today. The entire Middle East diplomatic approach by the West is unchanged after all of this time. And, the Middle East is no better off today to say the least.

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 03:20 AM
link   
Obviously they need more target practice. If he was even the target...

Wouldn't that be a huge loss for the world for Barrack to no longer be among us?

I don't think I'd lose much sleep personally at this "loss".

Be a little sad for his girls I guess (I might even have some empathy for them in that regard) they probably love him despite his inept leadership skills.

Perhaps it would save a nation though?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join