It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trader Joe's, Whole Foods, and Other Big Grocers Make Big Decision on GMO Salmon

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 08:15 PM
link   
Its awesome that a large chain like Trader Joes is finally making a proactive move against GMO. I still dont support them usually based on they are getting that large (but yes sometimes I need affordable bulk nuts).... and also they are a very annoying store to shop at in my area, so many hip trendy and ignorant people, very typical liberal scene with lots of feel good people wanting to buy anything with the word "organic" on it, yet they won't support their farmer's market??

I support local produce and meat with 80% or more of my dollar, I eat less meat that normal but very good quality grass fed or naturally raised, from people I know on a first name basis who personally raise their own product. This is the way most people should be able to get their meats and veggies, but is not always the case. One of the best feelings I get is when i can feed someone a delicious, affordable and healthy meal, especially if I can add my own garden into the mix

Food is life, I wish you all a healthy, abundant life, S+F for the good news OP

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 10:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by eLPresidente

Originally posted by cornucopia

Who says the free market doesn't work? The forces of the free market are actually making headway against the fascist-like actions of the federal government being the strong-arm of the private sector (hello Monsanto, Pfizer, Goldman Sachs, Exxon Mobil, General Electric, etc...)

It didn't take government to 'force' these LARGE alternative food chains to reject GMO salmon even before the FDA approved of it.

Keep getting informed and keep voting with your dollar, maybe this ship can be turned around after all.

www.takepart.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

edit on 20-3-2013 by eLPresidente because: (no reason given)

LOL

this has nothing to do with free markets...

koch brothers are for free markets that way they can make more money...

free markets just allow rich people to get richer...that is the goal for them.

this is about GMO's and i'm thankful that these businesses are stepping up, that is awesome, thank you

"The forces of the free market are actually making headway against the fascist-like actions of the federal government being the strong-arm of the private sector (hello Monsanto, Pfizer, Goldman Sachs, Exxon Mobil, General Electric, etc.."

just what exactly are you talking about here?

If you don't understand the true nature of this government and how the federal govrent is merely a paid thug for corporatists, then you won't get any further explanation.

You simply don't understand how free markets truly work. It is not a sin to get rich selling products or services that people are willing to voluntarily pay for. It is however a sin to use abuse bribe and extort your way to a monopoly of force to WILL others into your way.

All this time you're cheer leading Obama, he sells you out by telling you how he is your friend and gives huge tax breaks to your friendly global corporatists.

I do not trust your style...
your style is like bush/raygun...
sounds good in theory, but in practice there is a HUGE gap between rich/poor...

basically the tea party= rich/poor class system..
tea party is for no min wage, no welfare, etc.etc.etc..

you and I know this.

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 11:04 PM
link   

Who says the free market doesn't work? The forces of the free market are actually making headway against the fascist-like actions of the federal government being the strong-arm of the private sector (hello Monsanto, Pfizer, Goldman Sachs, Exxon Mobil, General Electric, etc...)

It didn't take government to 'force' these LARGE alternative food chains to reject GMO salmon even before the FDA approved of it.

Keep getting informed and keep voting with your dollar, maybe this ship can be turned around after all.

www.takepart.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

edit on 20-3-2013 by eLPresidente because: (no reason given)

LOL

this has nothing to do with free markets...

koch brothers are for free markets that way they can make more money...

free markets just allow rich people to get richer...that is the goal for them.

this is about GMO's and i'm thankful that these businesses are stepping up, that is awesome, thank you

"The forces of the free market are actually making headway against the fascist-like actions of the federal government being the strong-arm of the private sector (hello Monsanto, Pfizer, Goldman Sachs, Exxon Mobil, General Electric, etc.."

just what exactly are you talking about here?

If you don't understand the true nature of this government and how the federal govrent is merely a paid thug for corporatists, then you won't get any further explanation.

You simply don't understand how free markets truly work. It is not a sin to get rich selling products or services that people are willing to voluntarily pay for. It is however a sin to use abuse bribe and extort your way to a monopoly of force to WILL others into your way.

All this time you're cheer leading Obama, he sells you out by telling you how he is your friend and gives huge tax breaks to your friendly global corporatists.

I do not trust your style...
your style is like bush/raygun...
sounds good in theory, but in practice there is a HUGE gap between rich/poor...

basically the tea party= rich/poor class system..
tea party is for no min wage, no welfare, etc.etc.etc..

you and I know this.

No, that is not my 'style', stop parroting talking points that you got from other people. I couldn't care any less about Bush and Reagan, both horrible presidents that, for the most party, didn't actually do what they said they were going to do. So what again is my 'style'?

I knew you wouldn't understand, it wouldn't have hurt if you surprised me though.

Nobody here is talking about the Tea Party and the Koch Brothers, except for you. I was talking about free markets, you know, laissez faire economics. You throw a few labels around and all of a sudden you think you can brought down the only moral way to conduct an economy. Yes, thats right I said moral.

Besides, there is nothing wrong with no minimum wage and no welfare. I mean, is there any point in talking real economics with you or are you just throwing party rhetoric out there?

Everything that this OP is about flies in the face of what you're trying to infer. Heard of the most recent agriculture appropriations bill that just passed congress? an amendment was snuck in with language to protect Monsanto's GMO from federal and judicial rulings, no matter what. They used the government to protect themselves from the government. Do you even know how many Monsanto Executives and board members are IN government through back door appointments? Are you telling me you actually support this?

Maybe you'll understand this, maybe not...but having an intellectual conversation with you appears to be completely hopeless.

edit on 25-3-2013 by eLPresidente because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 02:11 AM
link   
reply to post by eLPresidente

wall street drools over the free market idea..

why would you allow that?

do you get a cut?

gimme a freaking break!

99% of the Human population does not agree with you

We are not here to have the super rich run the show anymore, that will never happen again on this planet.

Can you imagine everyone having all of their needs met?

or do you prefer some people having to work for others to survive?

edit= i am against monsanto and the government on some issues like foreign policy, money system, debt system and the tax system, along with other rules and laws that do not serve the people.
edit on 26-3-2013 by cornucopia because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 05:02 AM
link   

No they don't, they actually drool over government's monopoly on force aka purchased thugs. A free market would've let the big banks fail, would've let GM fail or go bankrupt and re-organize. Of course, you didn't know that. Bush and Obama both supporting bailing out 'too big to fail' entities is something that you unknowingly support. Wall Street executives counted on the government to bail them out, not the free market. In the free market when you gamble and lose, YOU LOSE. In fascist America, when you gamble and lose and somebody in the right positions say you're 'too big to fail', apparently YOU WIN. Get your facts straight, as in, stop making things up.

I don't want to bash you but you really don't even grasp these simple concepts.

If you don't even know the difference between laissez faire and crony capitalism, how can you intelligently debate it?

Its not even bad that you don't understand it, its that you pretend that you do and attack something in which you have absolutely no idea how it works.

Taking things that other people told you and regurgitating it is a dangerous thing because eventually somebody will challenge you on that and you will not know how to respond and end up sounding silly, like what is taking place right now.

And saying 99% of the human population doesn't agree with me doesn't strengthen your argument in anyway, in fact it makes you seem even more silly because you're just slinging poo and hoping it will stick. Nobody believes in ridiculous things like that. How do I know that? 99% of the human population told me so and that makes you 100% wrong. See what I did there? Yea that is how silly you sound right now.

edit on 26-3-2013 by eLPresidente because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 01:11 AM
link   
GMO is not healthier its really lacking in nutrients.

www.momsacrossamerica.com...

Yesterday while on a playdate at the lake, Vince from De Dell Seed Company, Canada's only NON GMO corn seed company called me to support the march and Americans finding out about GMOs. He emailed me this stunning report, clearly showing the nutritional value difference between GMO corn and NON GMO corn....

GMO Corn has 14 ppm of Calcium and NON GMO corn has 6130 ppm. 437 X more.

GMO corn has 2 ppm of Magnesium and NON GMO corn has 113ppm. 56 X more.

GMO corn has 2 ppm of Manganese and NON GMO corn has 14ppm. 7X more.

Look at the levels of Formaldehyde and Glyphosate IN the corn! The EPA standards for Glyphosate in water in America is .7ppm. In Europe it is .2 ppm. Tests showed organ damage to animals at .1ppm of Glyphosate in water. This corn has 13 ppm!

In another study taht Dr. Huber reported, .97 ppm of formeldehyde showed to be toxic in ingestion to animals. This corn has 200X that!

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 01:40 AM
link   

No they don't, they actually drool over government's monopoly on force aka purchased thugs. A free market would've let the big banks fail, would've let GM fail or go bankrupt and re-organize. Of course, you didn't know that. Bush and Obama both supporting bailing out 'too big to fail' entities is something that you unknowingly support. Wall Street executives counted on the government to bail them out, not the free market. In the free market when you gamble and lose, YOU LOSE. In fascist America, when you gamble and lose and somebody in the right positions say you're 'too big to fail', apparently YOU WIN. Get your facts straight, as in, stop making things up.

I don't want to bash you but you really don't even grasp these simple concepts.

If you don't even know the difference between laissez faire and crony capitalism, how can you intelligently debate it?

Its not even bad that you don't understand it, its that you pretend that you do and attack something in which you have absolutely no idea how it works.

Taking things that other people told you and regurgitating it is a dangerous thing because eventually somebody will challenge you on that and you will not know how to respond and end up sounding silly, like what is taking place right now.

And saying 99% of the human population doesn't agree with me doesn't strengthen your argument in anyway, in fact it makes you seem even more silly because you're just slinging poo and hoping it will stick. Nobody believes in ridiculous things like that. How do I know that? 99% of the human population told me so and that makes you 100% wrong. See what I did there? Yea that is how silly you sound right now.

edit on 26-3-2013 by eLPresidente because: (no reason given)

lol...nice mind games bro

ok, lets settle this...

tell me your vision of the future, what is your dream future for Humanity and how you think Humans will accomplish this?

ok well lets start with America, What is your dream future for America and our way of life?

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 04:23 AM
link   
GMO is bad mmkay?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join