It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

James Holmes is, was, has become a muslim.. WFT?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 12:23 AM
link   
or maybe they just want you to believe he converted, so that the islamphobia grow more and more... because he killed a lot of people so he has to be a muslim...

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 12:27 AM
link   
reply to post by aLLeKs

How would converting “after the fact” fuel any islamaphobia?
Your proposition makes no sense.

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 12:38 AM
link   
Sure he wasn't going for this look?

Personally I don't see how the beard says anything other than I have a beard. It's like saying having a beard automatically makes you a biker, or a member of a biker gang.

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 12:39 AM
link   
I've got to say that I'm surprised by the reactions here. I didn't see where the OP suggested his converting to being a Muslim meant he was a part of any terrorist organization, representing the Islamic Faith or connected to anything more nefarious than his own sick and twisted idea of pursuing a goal.

Who knows quite what that might have been? Could his Faith have been related? Could be.. We have ALL seen the stories about people converting to Islam with the same scary fanaticism seen in some of the more extreme Born Again Christians. It's just a religious zealotry and doesn't mean diddly back onto the overall Faith, IMO.

By some of the comments, you'd almost think the op had suggested he was sent by Al Qaeda or something... heck, I'd just find it very interesting if, in his own mind, that turned out to be some or most of the motivation.

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 12:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

See my post above. The OP has nothing to go on but the conclusions he has drawn himself, based on appearance. Why aren't any of the examples above I've given credible comparisons as well?

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 12:45 AM
link   
Sorry to go off topic here but...
Religion aside, you can still see the crazy in his eyes. Before he looked drugged out of his mind, and he might still be, but the look he has now reminds me of the look I've seen in certain people close to me with mental disorders when they get off.

OT: very plausible theory. When someone with a mental disorder goes off, they tend to dwell on religion (personal experience in that one). They might interpret some things in a radical way. If it's a disorder where he might see or hear things, coupled with his twisted new found revelation, someone would act drastically....S&F
edit on 21-3-2013 by PutAQuarterIn because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 12:48 AM
link   

Dear Wrabbit2000,

Christopher Dorner was an Atheist. I wouldn't blame his actions on his being an Atheist. He was a nut case also. James Holmes is insane, he is delusional. I believe he will be found to be criminally insane.

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 12:55 AM
link   
Come on why are the trolls allowed to bash on the muslims, but when a muslim bashes on a troll, or even something they feel strongly against(like homosexuals), their post gets banned, pfft. Should I make a thread about one of the many homosexuals who are 5 cans short of a 6 pack so we can all make fun of crooked homosexuals? Is that the way it's going to be around here from now on?

Anyway, as mentioned this guy looks like an absolute nut job, looks more like to me that he has been brain-washed to do everything he has done lately including the killings.

Now, for the trolls who say that muslims get 72 virgins for simply killing someone, you are as mad as holmes himself, as islamic teachings say that if you kill ONE innocent person then it's as if you have killed the whole of humanity, so take your redneck education back to the trailer park, and one would hope your ignorant posts are removed if their is any type of equality on these forums.

edit on 21-3-2013 by Haxsaw because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 12:56 AM
link   

You mean it’s finally starting to dawn on you that something isn’t quite right with some people on this forum? Who would have guessed?

Have a cookie.

You know you hit gold when the disinfo people come out in force. Like hitting a hornets nest.

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 01:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Hijinx

Your argument is self defeating.

You are perfectly aware of why those troops grew those beards!

They grew them so the “muslim” population would take them seriously. The “muslim” people they were trying to train would not respect them otherwise because “a person without a beard is not a man”.

edit on 21-3-2013 by Mr Tranny because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 01:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Mr Tranny

Whether true or not, muslim or not, the nay-sayers are a symptom of a politically correct environment where you can be demonized by just speculating.

Now hush up, apologise, take a sensitivity course, and obey the correct talking points!
(I'll put you on the email list)

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 01:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hijinx

See my post above. The OP has nothing to go on but the conclusions he has drawn himself, based on appearance. Why aren't any of the examples above I've given credible comparisons as well?

Okay, that just isn't right.

It's fair to blame the story itself as possibly being wrong. Who knows? I don't know anyone inside that jail, do you? However, if you click the links the OP put in the top post of the thread, he didn't just make this up or pull it down from some wishful thinking. Those are primary media outlet stories. It's a valid media organization accepted at face value here for other stories, all day and every day.

Suggesting the OP is just grasping at air to present the basic outline here is simply not considering the direct sourcing he offers. The headline "Dark Knight killer James Holmes 'is now a Muslim who prays five times a day" is pretty hard to say doesn't convey precisely what's being discussed.

I'm not signing off on anything for believing a theory or story on this case, but this is at least as interesting a sideline detail as anything else to come out. If it's false? Well, given the original sourcing, that alone is a story in itself, eh?

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 01:31 AM
link   

My apologies to both wrabbit and the op. I missed the article and merely looked at the photos. My bad. It's obviously time to sleep, I'm missing # left right and center. I'm really off my game.

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 01:47 AM
link   
Pretty interesting theory. Being insane doesn't preclude the ability to plan long term. Perhaps this was always part of his plan: from mass murderer to sleeper cell jihadist; only to expand his notoriety and create an auora of mystery.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 02:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mr Tranny
reply to post by winofiend

Sorry but it’s already past the point where people can just dismiss it. You can keep trying to throw dirt on it, but the truth isn’t going to stay hidden.
edit on 21-3-2013 by Mr Tranny because: (no reason given)

Why would it want to stay hidden? What is hidden?

Your imagined gun grab? which failed miserably, AGAIN ?

Yeah you're right... my 'dirt' wont do anything to 'hide' the truth here.

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 02:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by AQuestion
reply to post by winofiend

Dear winofiend,

I absolutely gave you a star.

Something must be screwy with the world
I starred you in another thread just before too. Very wise words I read.

He is a nut case and nothing more and I do believe he deserves our pity. What he did was horrible; but, the hell of living in his choices will be for eternity. I don't even think he knows who he is anymore.

My thoughts exactly. He's completely lost in the evil of his own world at this point.

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 02:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Haxsaw
as islamic teachings say that if you kill ONE innocent person then it's as if you have killed the whole of humanity, so take your redneck education back to the trailer park

Interesting to note then, how islam seems to oppose a great many people based on where they were born, and call entire nations guilty of being corrupt.

ONE innocent person.... never exists if they're all westernised heathens.

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 06:42 AM
link   
dont know if any one else said this but muslims get better food in prison.

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 08:11 AM
link   
WOW IDK what to believe anymore. One thing is for certain, he must have converted recently if not right after the shooting. I'm talking about in the past 5-6 years. In college, he looked/acted nothing like a Muslim. Not in any of his photos, videos, or descriptions made by people that knew him. Unless that has all been hidden from the public eye
I wish I could have 20 minutes just to talk to this kid and pick his brain.

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 08:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Mr Tranny

I think he converted to comfort himself in the thought that his conversion to Islam is the second worst mistake in his life.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join