It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

SCI/TECH: Healthier cigarettes invented

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 1 2004 @ 09:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by chaosrain
I know that the smokers are going to flame me for this, but, please...go outside and grab a smoke to calm down, then tear into me.

FLAME FLAME FLAME !!!!!!

heh.

Eh I really see no reason for flaming you in that :=]

I guess prices have come down CONSIDERABLY in the last couple years, as I did look into it then, and cancer stiks (call them what they are) were considerably less, hands down.

Mine, now, are $16/carton (I REALLY don't understand daily pack smokers that buy by the pack, illogical and way more $$) - AAnyway - thanks for the info.

FLAME ends here, lol

Misfit

[Edit = cig between fingers, can't spell, lol]

[edit on 1-11-2004 by Misfit]

posted on Nov, 1 2004 @ 09:51 PM
link   
Anyone can quit smoking without any aids or substitutes, at all. It takes about four days to overcome the addiction. The rest is behavioral. It can be done.

posted on Nov, 2 2004 @ 01:52 AM
link   
I was reading in a newspaper a few months back about this now Im not 100% sure what I say below is right but its the jest of it.

These types of cigarettes have always been around it's nothing new at all.
The tobacco companies did research it to a safer cigarette and when they found it was possible it got covered up in a way and a deal was made between the companiess not to release this information to the public.

posted on Nov, 2 2004 @ 02:00 AM
link   
@ SE7EN

A question
Not rebuttal

Do you know "why" it got covered up?
Not "as addictive" perhaps?
Too much cost = not enuff profit?

Misfit

posted on Nov, 2 2004 @ 02:12 AM
link   
Eh, nothing new. Why can't they come up with a cigarette that gives you essential vitamins and minerals?

posted on Nov, 2 2004 @ 02:14 AM
link   
I think it was todo with money if I remember I was going to put the information up on here when I read it. there are so many toxins in them and some of those make smoking addictive to make you buy more so a healthy cig to the companys would be a bad thing as not so many people would smoke. but I'm sure that some of the major cig companys mainly UK I think had something todo with it aswell.

posted on Nov, 2 2004 @ 02:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Misfit

Mine, now, are $16/carton (I REALLY don't understand daily pack smokers that buy by the pack, illogical and way more $$) - AAnyway - thanks for the info.

[edit on 1-11-2004 by Misfit]

Where I live, you can buy 10 packs of cigarettes in different shops, or buy a carton of it; it costs you the same. Thats becouse this doesn't "encourage" buying more cigs.
Cigarettes cost the same everywhere in the country. Of course there are 3-4 categories (3-4 prices). But for example, one pack of L**** S***** costs approx. 2.5 dollars.
Also, there are "messages written in big black characters in a black frame on the box, and they must cover 40% of the surface. ("Smoking may cause death", "causes lung cancer" and so on..)
I have heard, that in some countries they put pictures of what smoking may cause on the box. (Black lungs with tumour and etc.) I wonder when this will be introduced here.. I could push a picture of a diseased lung in the face of a someone who asks me for cigs.."Here ya go!"

While sitting in the front of the computer, drinking my usual morning coffee, smoking, and reading all the new posts on ATS I really don't feel addicted..

posted on Nov, 2 2004 @ 06:24 AM
link   
Cheepest state ? here in florida you can get cigerets starting at 1.25$ a pack . of corse the name brands are 3.50$ .
and wile im sure all smokers know this you can get non taxed cigerets or tabacoo two ways one is through indian reservations on line as well.
two is and store that sels tabacoo in cans chewing tabaco isent taxed eather i think but not sure on that.
and way i buy tabaco in cans at 10$ a can wich you can make right at 200 cigs with wich last me a week and on the pluse side it takes time to make the cigs so you dont smoke as much .When i do buy a pack of 20 it only last half a day so in camparsion a can a week wich works out to about 15 cigs a day or buying reday made and smoking 14 packs a week wich works out to 40 cigs a day.
Ps it is compleatly LEAGEL to buy cigs from indian reservations or on line.

posted on Nov, 2 2004 @ 08:45 AM
link   
I am not a smoker, but it seems to me cig's are on their way out.
It's not the burning tobacco that people are addicted to-I think.
It is the nicotine-which has been increased many times now. It also works to an oral/hand fixation-needing something in your mouth and or your hand. We all know nicotine is physically addictive-smoking is also psychology addictive.

posted on Nov, 2 2004 @ 11:50 AM
link   
Yeah, nicotine is a very important part of the addiction. If you are a heavy smoker you really feel the need for it, and it's not easy to kick the habit
But there are also phsychological reasons, becouse you use to smoke when you wait for the bus or for somebody, you use to smoke when you are drinking alcoholic beverages, you lit up a cig when something exciting happens or if you are under stress... and so on...
There are many occasions to find, and they slowly become habits.
I used to smoke a lot when I studied at a university which was far away from home, and I had to wait hours between seminars and lectures.

For example: you are under stress, and if you smoke (you appease your need for nicotine), you feel a bit better, and it feels easier bear the stress.
Let's say you give up smoking the next day..
You come under heavy stress three weeks later, and you "think" that by smoking you can feel better. But in reality, it is just a habit/reflex..
So, it isn't just nicotine, it is the habit you develop.

All in all, there is only one easy way to give up smoking: don't start it...

Ohh.. and I also like the "taste" of my favourite cigarettes. (All smokers do
)

EDIT: cool, I just repeated what you said

Let's say..err..that I just explained this to the ppl who cannot understand/imagine this.

[edit on 2-11-2004 by Judge DredD]

posted on Nov, 11 2004 @ 01:39 PM
link   
what makes us try our first cigarette is the influence around us. although this might be a healthier option, unless this sets off flying, i dont think it will be successful. smoking real cigarettes is more like a modern "tradition", lol

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join