N Korea threatens strike on US airbases

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 11:52 PM
link   
reply to post by antar

One with wisdom a star for you. I am beginning to think this is what it is, a way to keep their people busy and active , your working, your not thinking about food, and then they can issue mil rations to all, no one left starving. No actual proof but this is what it sees to be, if one reads what they DPRK are doing. As to the air raids it is most likely a part of the drills DPRK is having currently. I have seen no word yet on any of there '"news sites" might have something come 10:00 am my time.

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 11:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by superman2012
reply to post by Hijinx

Few problems here. The best man made EMP's are created from high altitude nuclear detonations. Using a nuke as a weapon anywhere, even as a tool for an EMP is going to cause serious global turmoil. Too many nuclear parties in the world to risk using a nuclear device to produce a significant EMP. This type of EMP is at a specific altitude based on yield. Too high, no effects will reach the ground, too low, you may not get an EMP and you will irradiate the # out of your target area.

While I do agree with you (and science does as well) about the EMP's created by nuclear detonations (which I was talking about), you are also hinting at the fact that they are able to create an EMP weapon but they lack the intelligence to calculate the altitude needed for a nuclear weapon EMP?

You also seem to be comparing Solar based EMP's with, the emp military tech can produce.

Nope again. I was talking about an E1 nuclear EMP while you are thinking I was talking about an E3 EMP which would have no more power than the northern lights.
Plus, I haven't heard that the US had created an EMP weapon, do you have a source for me to read? I can only find opinion, or friend of a friend type sites that list it.

There seems to be a lot of this on ATS. If you could really set off an EMP and throw a nation into the stone age it would be done with NK, it would be done with Iran, it would be done with pretty much anyone that gets out of line. 0 loss of life, and an absolute win for those who use it.

They could do it, if they wanted to blow up another nuke...unfortunately, using a nuke over NK for developing a nuke wouldn't be good PR.

It just doesn't work that way. I hear this with the threat of ballistic missiles " Oh we will just set off an EMP and they will be useless." No, even that rudimentary metal hull on the missile is enough to shield it from minor to moderate emp's. That's basically the concept behind a farraday cage. A closed metal hull surrounding the object you want to protect. The current runs along the outside of the object, and the inside is fine. Yes, in some cases if there is contact between the case and the sensitive electronics the current could cause problems, but you have to insulate that area anyways so you don't short out the electronics while they operate.

Yes in the case of a missile, or any other suitably shielded electronics, they will be fine. Everything else in the line of sight, will not be. You could even use a metal garbage can, just put your electronics on a piece of wood inside. One other misconception people have is that they would just have to unplug their device.

The order of Solar flare based emp's and man made emp's are so far apart it's apples and oranges.

Agreed. That's why I wasn't comparing the two.

You could take the Tsar bomba up a few miles and still not produce the power of a solar(from the sun) emp, and there are ways to shield our tech from even those mighty blasts.

Your opinion or you have a source?

Again, EMP's have the most effect on long lines, antennas, and sensitive instruments that are operating at the time of the EMP.

...yes, the most effect. Not the only, but the most. Bullets also kill people with softer skin quicker too.

Again, as you and I have both stated it's all hearsay as far as non Fission based EMP. I do not doubt they know how to calculate the altitude for an EMP, all I'm saying as it's not as fantastical as people play them up to be. Yes, some infrastructure could be lost in the use of such an attack, but it's not an end game type scenario. As far as I have actually seen evidence for the only source for an EMP based attack is through the use of high altitude detonation of nuclear devices. Again, the data that is available on these types of detonation effected long line, antennas and other large metal comm structures that were not protected from the charge.

It isn't on the order people expect though. This is all I'm saying. I really don't think it would put NK back like they expect. I'm not trying to belittle you(just in case I come off that way. I tend to come off very brash on here.)

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 11:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Chonx

China doesn't need to go through a proxy though if they want a fight for the Senkaku Islands. They would stand a good chance of beating Japan just with numbers. Japan has the shorter supply line and higher quality equipment, but China has the bigger military. China thinks of itself as the biggest kid on the block, and doesn't need NK to distract the US.

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 11:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Chonx

God I love how people throw "nuclear armed" around. The Russian bombers over Guam, and now the B-52s over Korea. They are both nuclear capable. Prove they were armed with nuclear weapons. The US doesn't use live nuclear weapons in exercises like Foal Eagle. They use them in exercises involving nuclear training, but they no longer fly them around, and they don't use them in regular training.

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 12:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Zaphod58

well it is all a drill the air raid alert was canceled www3.nhk.or.jp... from the link, and there is a word or two that backs you up on the B52's

The alert was lifted about one hour later.

North Korean troops were placed on standby after the United States and South Korea began their annual joint military drill earlier this month.

On Tuesday, the US Defense Department said it had flown a B-52 strategic bomber capable of carrying nuclear missiles in the joint exercise.

The North Korean military's Supreme Command issued a statement on Thursday in reaction to the B-52 flight.
The statement says US intimidation has begun and North Korea will move to take adequate military action.

It warned the US not to forget that North Korea is capable of attacking US bases in Guam as well as Japan's mainland and Okinawa.

The air raid alert is seen as part of North Korea's attempt to keep the United States in check.
and... so on... and so on, gee will they ever get tired of all them alerts or being on stand by.

3 months now, well at lest there not eating each other, or is that the reason?
keep your eyes on this hand... the drills,

while the other hand... people eating people ,
For there is no food for them to eat , last word was in last of Feb, almost a month.
Just how bad is it?

This is from 2010 www.amnesty.org... eating tree bark and grass, when that is gone then what do you eat, Bugs? the trees and grasses are gone they would be no bugs, news.yahoo.com... not confirmed but possible.

well it is just a thought , that this mess is just a cover story until Un DPRK can solve the food problem.

let the "lets blame the Sanctions" begin DPRK er Un Eun EUn little Kim, has done this to them selves, we do send in aid, food to the people it is the DPRK that takes the food.

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 12:49 AM
link   
reply to post by cheesy

WW3 you can play arm chair gen if your right the other guy dies , but gets to play again, till it become a shooting war it is off to the next country if x makes move to y : X being DPRK y being US SK w is China, the y must do this to x till x does that to y then y will check w , not see nor heard from yet, will act or not, but do that to x and thus it has been y sends in B52 as part of the war games x then in turn goes to the same old same old, we will act or strike, have more drills , saying they will act strike, if we being y will do that. and w still nor word now being part of Cyber attack, DPRK hope they had ok or this might be DPRK your on your own , that could be sucker punch.

edit on 21-3-2013 by bekod because: line edit

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 01:04 AM
link   

South Korea tweet from this morning.
edit on 21-3-2013 by cass1dy09 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 02:02 AM
link   
For folks talking about EMP blasts from Nuclear Detonations. I thought I would share something I had from a thread a good time back.

That is what a 3.8 Megaton Nuclear Detonation looks like from the ground, when happening in space. Well, they describe it that way, anyway. It was actually 250,000 feet or about 48 miles in altitude. That was part of the Hardtack Teak test series in 1958.

The red glow was visible from Hawaii, over 700 miles away. It also knocked out minor electrical systems and a variety of communications in Hawaii for a period of time. I think it proved what atmospheric blasts can do at a very great distance.

The problem is, as always, North and South Korea form a really small place. So, it's either done low where it's not an EMP anymore, it's just a nuke with all the damage that brings ...or it's done high enough to where it's knocking out systems in China and Japan with whatever else was intended. I think it makes it impractical for anything but general open warfare I hope we never see.

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 02:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Rezlooper

My Thoughts exactly.

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 02:54 AM
link   
north korea makes dire threats seem routine.

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 03:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by daryllyn
Little Kim is awfully busy lately.

I am hoping this is another bluff.

S&F

We're all safe as long as he's being entertained.

If his toys are taken away or he gets sand on his lollipop then things could get pretty nasty.

In order to maintain the peace send your used teddy bears, coloured building blocks and sacks of candy floss to

Kim Jong-Un
Supreme Leader of North Korea
North Korea

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 05:07 AM
link   
Wait what is he going to do?
Another plop in the ocean.

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 06:51 AM
link   
So things are heated a little more, with the recent hacking claim (china involved), im starting to think they may have more to do with this than some of us first expected. The words.......ugly......real quick, come to mind.

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 07:12 AM
link   
Another day, another fart from the wrong end of the Yung-un.

He's like the cricket that is incarcerated in your basement . . . a never ending chirp chirp chirp chirp until the damn thing either dies of boredom or succumbs to the soeul of your shoe!!!!

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 08:51 AM
link   
Strike... with what? A rubber chicken strapped to a RC plane?

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 08:58 AM
link   
I wish Kim and Obama would just take a vacation together somewhere and just chat for week over beers beaches golf what ever and I bet you all could be resolved and North Korea could rejoin the normal world and we could endvthe Korean war.

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 09:03 AM
link   
That would be the last thing the fat little # ever did

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 09:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Hijinx

I understand what you are saying and apologize as well if I came off as an ass.

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 09:31 AM
link   
Kim is sure putting on a show. Of course he has to live up to his father and be seen as strong. And with Park the new leader in the South this is the perfect time to really test some boundries and see what Park is made of.

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 10:07 AM
link   

Do Something Fat Boy !

new topics
top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join