It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

N Korea threatens strike on US airbases

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 10:35 PM
link   
reply to post by cheesy

Why not both! That would make for one great end of the world party. I have personally quit worrying about all this nonsense. I have decided, instead, to become a spectator to all of these stupid apes trying to kill each other off. Maybe there is a reason other intelligent life forms have not contacted us in this huge universe...they do not consider us intelligent.

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 10:38 PM
link   
A very small precision EMP cloaked as a small meteor needs to go off over this jackasses capitol or wherever he is. That way we dont have to hear anymore of his rambling, maybe a 50 mile radius would be good then he would have to walk to get back on the airwaves. That would take his fat ass about a month complete peace since the locals probably dont have electric anyways.

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 10:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Chonx

I think you have the wrong island. The island off Korea isn't disputed, it's South Korean territory. The islands China wants are disputed with Japan, and are the Senkaku Islands. Those have a lot of resources under them.

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 10:47 PM
link   
I think my biggest fear is starting to be that he's going to talk himself into a corner where he starts to see no way out without losing face if he doesn't hit something...somewhere.

I really hope he gets distracted with some new shiny thing soon. He's proving to be a real menace as he carries on. It's getting a touch more serious when he's looking at specific bases. I question their guidance systems and it's a BIG ocean for hitting Guam. (I hear it could even capsize! sorry.. couldn't resist). Japan though? Errr... They'd have to try hard to MISS hitting something there if they aimed at U.S. bases. it's not that small for how close they are.

I'm also watching the general turmoil building and getting worse feelings. Even Australia is having political/leadership turmoil. Times of maximum confusion are when some could see maximum opportunity to do something otherwise very stupid. It's *STILL* very stupid .... but he might not recognize that for miscalculations? I hope not.
edit on 20-3-2013 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 10:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chonx
reply to post by InnerPeace2012

Thanks for the link and extra information, I was wandering in what capacity any attack would come and it seems that it would take the form of a missile attack. Al Jazeera is based in Quatar and is state owned, not Israeli.

Thanks for that correction, I stand corrected..

But if anything, there's seems to be a lot of sensational headlines with regard to this event, and so far from the responses in this thread, it's clear the hate for little Kim is surely unnerving at this stage.

By the time Obama announces for public support for US military interventions against Lil Kim, I'm close to certainty that the majority will be in favor...

And that's the power of propaganda, if you will.

Peace

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 10:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zaphod58
reply to post by Chonx

I think you have the wrong island. The island off Korea isn't disputed, it's South Korean territory. The islands China wants are disputed with Japan, and are the Senkaku Islands. Those have a lot of resources under them.

I was referring to the islands of Senkaku (Japanese name). The reason I mentioned it is because N korea has now threatened to attack American assets on Japanese soil, add to that the fact that the cyber-attack on S Korea was based in China (although this does not necessarily implicate the Chinese) and a picture begins to emerge of the possible route the N Koreans and Chinese may be headed IF they are working together to start a conflict.

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 10:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Monger
What a mess. The Korean war was a terrible situation, and one that's largely been forgotten. As it increasingly seems that we're on the verge of starting the thing up again, I wonder why anybody would want to revisit it. I've met several veterans of that conflict, and it did terrible things to their psyche. Any war does, but these vets were damaged in ways that I'd never seen before.

^^^ This.

An earlier member posted, stating that:

The younger generation which hasn't been through several wars are too eager to engage meanwhile the older generation which have - refuse due to experience of knowing war. . .

Fools rush in.

edit on 20-3-2013 by JWash because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 10:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by ed1320
A very small precision EMP cloaked as a small meteor needs to go off over this jackasses capitol or wherever he is. That way we dont have to hear anymore of his rambling, maybe a 50 mile radius would be good then he would have to walk to get back on the airwaves. That would take his fat ass about a month complete peace since the locals probably dont have electric anyways.

Yeah, but EMP's only cause temporary disruption of operations. The only time an EMP is worth anything in any military format is directly before Airstrikes. It merely adds another upper hand on a surprise attack.

They don't work how you are thinking.

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 11:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Rezlooper

"Threatened" and also "Possible"

I am beginning to think that this is the way they keep their own people under fear based control and anger angst.

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 11:09 PM
link   
Updated OP with full article.

This is a response to the military drills conducted jointly by S Korea and American forces and using nuclear-armed B-52s.

edit on 20-3-2013 by Chonx because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 11:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Hijinx

An EMP would fry all circuitry whether grid connected or not (unless shielded) and it works by line of sight. So you have one high up, it will affect everything it can "see". The lower it is, the less it will harm...unless it takes out a power station causing blackouts everywhere, but, from a map I have seen of NK at night, they already are blacked out.

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 11:11 PM
link   
N. Korea issues air raid alert, orders military to take immediate actions
english.yonhapnews.co.kr...

North Korea issued air raid alerts and ordered its military to take immediate action, the country's state media outlet said Thursday.

Korean Central Television, a TV and radio broadcaster, said the alert was issued at 9:32 a.m. with military units and civilians told to take cover. It added that authorities called on the armed forces to take countermeasures to reduce damage.

The broadcaster did not say if an attack is under way or expected, indicating it may be a drill. The North has carried out similar air raid drills in the past, and ordered blackouts during nighttime exercises.

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 11:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by superman2012
reply to post by Hijinx

An EMP would fry all circuitry whether grid connected or not (unless shielded) and it works by line of sight. So you have one high up, it will affect everything it can "see". The lower it is, the less it will harm...unless it takes out a power station causing blackouts everywhere, but, from a map I have seen of NK at night, they already are blacked out.

Few problems here. The best man made EMP's are created from high altitude nuclear detonations. Using a nuke as a weapon anywhere, even as a tool for an EMP is going to cause serious global turmoil. Too many nuclear parties in the world to risk using a nuclear device to produce a significant EMP. This type of EMP is at a specific altitude based on yield. Too high, no effects will reach the ground, too low, you may not get an EMP and you will irradiate the # out of your target area.

You also seem to be comparing Solar based EMP's with, the emp military tech can produce. I have heard there are other ways of creating an emp sans Nuclear fission, but again the order of charge and frequency is not going to fry the infrastructure. In fact most emp based weapons serve their purpose best against long wires, antennas, and unprotected devices that are running at the time of the emp. If you happen to have a surge protector it will not fry your device. It will trip fuse boxes, it will fry high voltage wires, radio and radar antenna that are unprotected, but it is not on the order you are imagining.

There seems to be a lot of this on ATS. If you could really set off an EMP and throw a nation into the stone age it would be done with NK, it would be done with Iran, it would be done with pretty much anyone that gets out of line. 0 loss of life, and an absolute win for those who use it.

It just doesn't work that way. I hear this with the threat of ballistic missiles " Oh we will just set off an EMP and they will be useless." No, even that rudimentary metal hull on the missile is enough to shield it from minor to moderate emp's. That's basically the concept behind a farraday cage. A closed metal hull surrounding the object you want to protect. The current runs along the outside of the object, and the inside is fine. Yes, in some cases if there is contact between the case and the sensitive electronics the current could cause problems, but you have to insulate that area anyways so you don't short out the electronics while they operate.

The order of Solar flare based emp's and man made emp's are so far apart it's apples and oranges.

You could take the Tsar bomba up a few miles and still not produce the power of a solar(from the sun) emp, and there are ways to shield our tech from even those mighty blasts.

Again, EMP's have the most effect on long lines, antennas, and sensitive instruments that are operating at the time of the EMP.

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 11:27 PM
link   
ahaha peace all

hip hip horay....

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 11:33 PM
link   
How does NK know that the B-52s were loaded with nuclear weapons... That information is never released right? Why would we announce to the press that we are sending out aircraft to xyz, and are loaded with nukes...?

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 11:37 PM
link   
reply to post by JWash

While you may be able to speak for some of my generation, you however can not speak for all of us. Before my great grandfather passed away he spoke of world war 2 and how horrific it was, he very rarely talked about it as it seriously damaged him in a way that no one could ever imagine unless you were there and fought with those very brave men!!. I am in the process of reading all his letters he wrote to my great grandmother and it's a real eye opener. Even though it's not the same as the Korean war, it's enough to know that we do not want war if anything a lot of my generation are learning from the mistakes.

Sorry to go of topic OP. I do hope that this is just empty threats but sooner or later Lill Kim is going to throw all his toys out of the cot and then we are in for one scary ride

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 11:43 PM
link   
The only thing worse than hitting the airbase would be missing/hitting Fukushima.

Biggest dirty bomb ever.

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 11:47 PM
link   
I think lil kim is just joshing... After all, he did meet up with dennis Rodman. So he must have a twisted sense of humor... In all reality, whatever happens, I just hope the regular, life loving, good people of N. korea don't get caught up in this mess and get carpet bombed or nuked.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 11:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Hijinx

Few problems here. The best man made EMP's are created from high altitude nuclear detonations. Using a nuke as a weapon anywhere, even as a tool for an EMP is going to cause serious global turmoil. Too many nuclear parties in the world to risk using a nuclear device to produce a significant EMP. This type of EMP is at a specific altitude based on yield. Too high, no effects will reach the ground, too low, you may not get an EMP and you will irradiate the # out of your target area.

While I do agree with you (and science does as well) about the EMP's created by nuclear detonations (which I was talking about), you are also hinting at the fact that they are able to create an EMP weapon but they lack the intelligence to calculate the altitude needed for a nuclear weapon EMP?

You also seem to be comparing Solar based EMP's with, the emp military tech can produce.

Nope again. I was talking about an E1 nuclear EMP while you are thinking I was talking about an E3 EMP which would have no more power than the northern lights.
Plus, I haven't heard that the US had created an EMP weapon, do you have a source for me to read? I can only find opinion, or friend of a friend type sites that list it.

There seems to be a lot of this on ATS. If you could really set off an EMP and throw a nation into the stone age it would be done with NK, it would be done with Iran, it would be done with pretty much anyone that gets out of line. 0 loss of life, and an absolute win for those who use it.

They could do it, if they wanted to blow up another nuke...unfortunately, using a nuke over NK for developing a nuke wouldn't be good PR.

It just doesn't work that way. I hear this with the threat of ballistic missiles " Oh we will just set off an EMP and they will be useless." No, even that rudimentary metal hull on the missile is enough to shield it from minor to moderate emp's. That's basically the concept behind a farraday cage. A closed metal hull surrounding the object you want to protect. The current runs along the outside of the object, and the inside is fine. Yes, in some cases if there is contact between the case and the sensitive electronics the current could cause problems, but you have to insulate that area anyways so you don't short out the electronics while they operate.

Yes in the case of a missile, or any other suitably shielded electronics, they will be fine. Everything else in the line of sight, will not be. You could even use a metal garbage can, just put your electronics on a piece of wood inside. One other misconception people have is that they would just have to unplug their device.

The order of Solar flare based emp's and man made emp's are so far apart it's apples and oranges.

Agreed. That's why I wasn't comparing the two.

You could take the Tsar bomba up a few miles and still not produce the power of a solar(from the sun) emp, and there are ways to shield our tech from even those mighty blasts.

Your opinion or you have a source?

Again, EMP's have the most effect on long lines, antennas, and sensitive instruments that are operating at the time of the EMP.

...yes, the most effect. Not the only, but the most. Bullets also kill people with softer skin quicker too.

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 11:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by cheesy
whiych is coolest ,world war 3 or asteroid doom ??

World war 3 stopping dead in it's tracks while an asteroid dooms down towards us with inevitable ELE consequences.

Can't we ???

Pleeeeaaaaasssseee???

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join