It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

N Korea threatens strike on US airbases

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 10:12 PM
link   

North Korean army has threatened possible strike against US military bases in Japan. More soon...

[url=http://www.aljazeera.com...[/url]

North Korea has threatened to attack US military bases in Japan in response to the use of nuclear-armed US B-52 bombers in joint military drills with South Korea.

The threat on Thursday came a day after Pyongyang condemned the B-52 flights as an "unpardonable provocation" and threatened military action if they continue..
(visit the link for the full news article)

edit on 20-3-2013 by Chonx because: edited to update

edit on 20-3-2013 by Chonx because: (no reason given)

edit on 20-3-2013 by Chonx because: updated headline

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 10:12 PM
link   
Pretty bold statement from the N korean Army even by their standards, combined with the news that the cyber attack originated in China this situation is becoming very worrying very quickly.

I'm just left wandering how much truth there is to the supposition that China and N Korea are co-ordinating their efforts to whatever end given that China and Japan are involved in the on going confrontation over the 'ownership' of the disputed island.

Very worrying indeed.

www.aljazeera.com

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 10:16 PM
link   
"Threatened" is the key word. Just another day, just another threat!

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 10:16 PM
link   
Little Kim is awfully busy lately.

I am hoping this is another bluff.

S&F

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 10:17 PM
link   
a thought..maybe NK is being so vocal about thier gunna do this or that in order to provoke a physical response from the u.s. then whatever action NK takes, to them and some others, will be justified.......

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 10:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chonx

Pretty bold statement from the N korean Army even by their standards, combined with the news that the cyber attack originated in China this situation is becoming very worrying very quickly.

I'm just left wandering how much truth there is to the supposition that China and N Korea are co-ordinating their efforts to whatever end given that China and Japan are involved in the on going confrontation over the 'ownership' of the disputed island.

Very worrying indeed.

www.aljazeera.com

I doubt china cares about the island that much. They probably have other aspirations if they are working with NK. Start to worry when there is a conflict.

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 10:18 PM
link   
In contrast,

where hasn't US military threatened?

(A map of US military bases already all over the world, and expanding evermore yet, might assist)

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 10:21 PM
link   
North Korea equals talk talk and more paper tiger empty talk, at least at this point.

I see them as a ninety pound weakling telling Chuck Norris to hand over his lunch money or else.

Now that's not to say that same ninety pound weakling can't work out, learn karate, and buy a gun. Just ain't happened yet. And ol' Chuck did shave his beard and is getting kinda old.

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 10:22 PM
link   
That's an Israeli news website...and here's from SEOUL, South Korea...

Source

SEOUL, Mar. 20, 2013 (Reuters) — North Korea's supreme military command said on Thursday its "precision attack" weapons have U.S. navy bases in Guam and Okinawa in their sights and will attack them if it is provoked. "The United States is advised not to forget that our precision target tools have within their range the Anderson Air Force base on Guam where the B-52 takes off, as well as the Japanese mainland where nuclear powered submarines are deployed and the navy bases on Okinawa," the North Korean command spokesman was quoted by KCNA news agency. North Korea earlier made a threat to stage a nuclear attack on the United States, something that is well outside of its current military capacity, although the U.S. Pacific bases are in range of its medium range missiles. The North has responded angrily to reports that the United States has flown B-52 bomber sorties over the Korean peninsula as part of the annual military drills with South Korean forces. (Reporting by Jack Kim; Editing by David Chance)

Nothing from North Korea yet on this...hmmm:
YONHAP News Agency

Smells like propaganda, well it is...

edit on 20-3-2013 by InnerPeace2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 10:23 PM
link   
I find it to a pretty bad idea to announce to the world the places you are planning on attacking. I'm calling more grandstanding by Kim jr.

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 10:24 PM
link   
What a mess. The Korean war was a terrible situation, and one that's largely been forgotten. As it increasingly seems that we're on the verge of starting the thing up again, I wonder why anybody would want to revisit it. I've met several veterans of that conflict, and it did terrible things to their psyche. Any war does, but these vets were damaged in ways that I'd never seen before.

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 10:24 PM
link   
reply to post by lifespath420

i thought there was oil or gas near those islands??

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 10:25 PM
link   
Another threat? It's getting quite old.. Either do something or quit yelling hollow words.

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 10:26 PM
link   
whiych is coolest ,world war 3 or asteroid doom ??

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 10:28 PM
link   
reply to post by InnerPeace2012

Thanks for the link and extra information, I was wandering in what capacity any attack would come and it seems that it would take the form of a missile attack. Al Jazeera is based in Quatar and is state owned, not Israeli.

link   

Originally posted by cheesy
whiych is coolest ,world war 3 or asteroid doom ??

utopia where we all wake up each morning with the hugest sigh of relief because no one has to die on purpose.

link   
What is the USA doing there ?

Go home before you are toast.

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 10:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Chonx

Well.... North Korea did launch SRBM(short Range Ballistic Missiles) into the East sea not that long ago. It could be possible that this " Threat, " as it has circulated through the internet version of the game telephone is just being reported on now by Al Jazeera as NK threatening Japan.

The other side of the coin, could be outright propaganda as Al Jazeera like any news network is guilty of from time to time.

Now, because we are speaking on North Korea that is so unpredictable, there is a third side to this coin.

North Korea has released a statement that can be interpreted as a threat that al jazeera has gotten the drop on...

Do I believe it holds any sort of merit? Well the boy who cried wolf came to mind. Just because North Korea has blown their horn so many times, it makes it hard to tell whether they are serious or not. Perhaps little kim is going to try to add some action to his words, but on the other hand it could just be regular old NK antics.

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 10:29 PM
link   
reply to post by cheesy

Astroid cause its coming from outer space. War seems boring

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 10:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by choos
reply to post by lifespath420

i thought there was oil or gas near those islands??

I thought so too but I'm not sure if I assumed that.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join