It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Official - Leadership vote at 130pm WST - GILLARD to face off for PM!

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 06:30 AM
link   
reply to post by SleepingDevil

Well, I for one, as a life-long Labour supporter, have become disillusioned with the Labour Party but the alternative is Tony Abbott. Political Commentators have laughingly referred to them as Juliar Gillard and Phony Abbott which is quite derogatory to senior politicians but what can they expect given their total disregard for what the people of Australia want.
The big problem is that no matter which candidate wins the next election we are going to get the 'same-old-same-old' BS again and again as it is blatantly obvious (all over the world) that other people are pulling the strings of these puppets.

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 06:57 AM
link   
reply to post by hellobruce

Where to start Bruce?
Lets start with the big "Plan" they have released on their website. One of the big things they planned on doing is making the health system better. Wow, cutting jobs in an already understaffed area is a great way to start... NOT!!!
His/their plan to help families avoid the carbon tax, well im sorry to say, but if he removes it, families will be the ones hardest hit with lash backs from food costs, electricity costs and general overheads that are not even considered in his "Plan".
"Reduce carbon emissions in Australia". BAH!! how? the only way to reduce emissions is to make people not want to emit. How you ask? well lets see how a government makes people not want to do thing, oh that's right TAX. So he/they plan on removing the carbon tax, but to reduce emissions in Australia, good thinking right there.

Now in all the "Plans" not once it said how it was all going to work. "By reducing/lowering taxes that are already there", great, but how will you make up the loss of money that they were bringing in? Reduce the payments to the lower class and low income earners? I think so. The whole plan is based around middle and upper class people and does nothing, if not takes from the lower class and low income earners.

One word kept popping up in the "Plan" and that was "Review". This word does not mean change or fix, it just means they are going to look at it. As if they haven't done that already. Now, IF, they haven't, that just proves how stupid and short sighted they actually are (making claims and not looking at the info first). If they have, then why do the need to review it? Shouldn't they have a plan or decision already made up?

Now another thing that is Brought up a lot, is the helping small businesses BS they are sprouting. If they lower taxes, the big businesses will not need to pay as much when importing and exporting, and what will happen to the little guy, he/she/they will need to either close up shop, sell out to the larger companies or increase their prices to make ends meet. I'm sorry, but i don't see how this is actually going to help.

All the "Plans" that are outlined involve doing this or that, but not explaining how? We are in debt, how does the LNP plan to pay for all this development to give jobs? How do they plan to improve everything without money to buy the resources?

Again i say Bruce, i may be young but if Abbot gets in, dark times are ahead for me and the future.

You wanted evidence, i give it to you.

lpa.webcontent.s3.amazonaws.com...

^^ from the horses mouth to your water trough^^

Read it and weep.

And if you still can't see it i revert to my previous comment, If this post is anything to go by, i am terrified for my future.

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 09:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by SleepingDevil
"Reduce carbon emissions in Australia". BAH!! how? the only way to reduce emissions is to make people not want to emit

Wrong again, they should invest in nuclear power - no carbon emissions there...

Just look at what poor Julia and labor are providing for the illegal boat people....

A PREGNANT asylum seeker deemed a security risk by ASIO was offered free domestic help and childcare while another detainee has had drooping eyelids fixed by taxpayers.

now we are giving maids to the illegals!

The 38-year-old with drooping eyelids overstayed a business visa before being rejected as a refugee, prompting attempts to remove him. While he has been in detention in Sydney, the man has had three rounds of surgery between December 2009 and January 2011 to correct his eyelids.

and cosmetic surgery for another illegal....
www.perthnow.com.au...< br />
and this is the incompetent labor government led by poor Julia that you blindly support!

posted on Mar, 27 2013 @ 09:20 AM
link   

Ok, so your argument to all I said before, is we should go nuclear? Do you remember Japan? The east coast of Australia (most prone area to cyclones and other wild weather including recent tornadoes), and you wish to put a nuclear station there (would be best place as most of the populace lives there)... perfect logic. Oh wait we will put it inland. Great, when most of the earthquakes we have are inland, oh and to put it further inland would cost more than the benefits of it actually being there. Do you see where im going with this. The costs and risks out weigh the benefits.

And now you bring up another issue i didn't even bother covering. Is this your way of having a debate? Move onto another topic as soon as you are beaten? Great dedication to you beliefs Bruce.

posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 06:40 PM
link   
www.pm.gov.au...

Apparently Julia Gillard is the Prime Minister of Australia. Best April fool's joke I've seen in years.

posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 11:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by hellobruce
www.pm.gov.au...

Apparently Julia Gillard is the Prime Minister of Australia. Best April fool's joke I've seen in years.

imo your depth is only outdone by the depth of the little kids wading pool at the local swimming hole

posted on Apr, 1 2013 @ 02:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by SleepingDevil

Ok, so your argument to all I said before, is we should go nuclear? Do you remember Japan? The east coast of Australia (most prone area to cyclones and other wild weather including recent tornadoes), and you wish to put a nuclear station there (would be best place as most of the populace lives there)... perfect logic. Oh wait we will put it inland. Great, when most of the earthquakes we have are inland, oh and to put it further inland would cost more than the benefits of it actually being there. Do you see where im going with this. The costs and risks out weigh the benefits.

And now you bring up another issue i didn't even bother covering. Is this your way of having a debate? Move onto another topic as soon as you are beaten? Great dedication to you beliefs Bruce.

Cyclones dont get down all the way, only at worst to Coffs Harbour....you still have a long way to go south through Sydney, to Melbourne etc.

Our earthquakes are insignificant and a well built nuclear power plant can handle the worst quakes this very very stable continent can dish out.

Thorium reactors running down the entire east coast and each other capital city SHOULD be policy in my opinion and would solve many of the problems of all other forms of energy manufacture......it'll never happen thou because it makes way too much sense.

posted on Apr, 1 2013 @ 04:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Melbourne_Militia

Your argument is moot. The cost would be too great and the time to get them up and running too long. But hey, if you want to throw up a few nuclear reactors knockyourself out. As long as they are
1) south of sydney and
2) in your back yard.

Correct me if I'm wrong but aren't you down south? If so, your back yard would be awsome wouldn't you agree?. Go for it. Especially if you are near an area where the next lot of fires will hit. Let's have a new meaning to the term meltdown.

And don't even think of putting anything further west than the east coast because, human mistakes would have to occur at some time (we're just too good at stuffing things up) and the weather patterns would push any fallout over to the east coast.

so think again, by the time you would get them up and running, I'm pretty sure we will have improved our solar, wind, geothermal tidal capabilities. hey sound better to me. I don't like eating food that glows at me

Just takes political will.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join