It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Official - Leadership vote at 130pm WST - GILLARD to face off for PM!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 09:13 PM
link   
www.news.com.au...

SIMON Crean has asked Julia Gillard to call a leadership spill. He said he will not be standing as leader, but will put up his hand as deputy leader

''It seems to me the party through the government is in a stalemate position, something needs to be done . . . to resolve this issue once and for all . .

''I am asking her to call a spill of all leadership positions in the party."

''This is an issue that has to be resolved, there is too much at stake."

time to take a hike you lying, manipulative drag on Australia's future!
edit on 20-3-2013 by Agit8dChop because: (no reason given)

edit on 20-3-2013 by Agit8dChop because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 09:14 PM
link   
for 3 days news has been ripe somethings brewing.

Very odd this morning Crean came out and said he spoke with Gillard personally yesterday assuring her he backed her and she needed to bring the party together.

hours later, he drops a bombshell he is backing Rudd and has asked the PM to declare a leadership spill!

POLITICS is ugly downunder

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 09:18 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 09:23 PM
link   
The problem here is that the red headed twit has someone in her corner that is rather powerful. The CIA.

The US do not want Rudd as PM. He likes China too much.

It is a pity that Democracy is at the whim of another Government.

P

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 09:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Agit8dChop

I hope Ruddy gets back in.

When the Fukushima incident happened Rudd was the only one to bother asking the awkward questions like what danger this poses to us, and what danger this poses to other countries!!! Gillard defended JAPAN...instead of backing her foreign minister. Yes, politics are ugly.

I want the person we voted for in power. And if we don't like him I want to vote in someone who we do like.

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 09:25 PM
link   
reply to post by CaptainBeno

How in the name of God was that off-topic. Rudd may actually win this. Rudd is the other possible leader.

P

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 09:28 PM
link   
Rudd will win it... Gillard has no chance of winning the election, even if the backers dont like Rudd, they wont want to lose the PM's office if it means sticking with gillard.

Crean coming out and being very vocal and backing Rudd is significant, he has followers.

Gillard will no doubt try her hardest to avoid a spill.. but the beginning of the end for this back stabbing, lying leader is over.

I do feel sorry that our first female PM has been rubbished so much, but she deserved it. Not for being female, but because of the fashion she got to power, the way she lied and the way she avoided owning up to any truths in front of the camera.

This news has made my day!

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 09:38 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 09:39 PM
link   
reply to post by pheonix358

Search me? I'm not really sure. Totally confused by that?

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 09:46 PM
link   

There may have been other reasons like the wall of text
but it was anything but off topic.

I wish the bloody Liberals would dump Big Ears (aka Mr. Budgie Smuggler) and get themselves a new leader!

It may make things a little more interesting.

P

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 09:51 PM
link   

Exactly! GOD Politics in this country is shameful, what must we look like to the rest of the world?

I do hope Rudd gets back in though.

Buggerlugs is no way a Prime Minister. He hasn't a clue and that is embarrassing on a whole new level. Surely he can't represent us on the world stage?

China is going to be a huge force in the next 5 years and we need Rudd to help us with this. Australia will benefit massively in the long run.

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 10:02 PM
link   

Correctamondo, huge wall of text was the culprit. I shall curb my enthusiasm from now on.

A muted: Rudd!

Bring it on Ranga!

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 10:11 PM
link   
Rudd should tell them all to pissoff, after all Labor did crap on his head twice now.
Or he should at least make sure vinegar tits gets the boot along with all of her cronies.

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 10:15 PM
link   

Simon Crean has been a lurker and one of the faceless men for too long.

He should get the flick along with the ranga.

Should Rudd accept the leadership, his first move should be giving the flick to the party members ,

who whinged and whined about it being "too hard" working under his leadership.

These people get paid very well to do the job of running this country, they should roll up their sleeves
and get their snouts out of the trough!

Much prefer Rudd to Abbott.

edit on 20-3-2013 by Timely because: weird layout of text !?

edit on 20-3-2013 by Timely because: (no reason given)

edit on 20-3-2013 by Timely because: same thing

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 10:26 PM
link   
As a Labor supporter I hope Gillard gets the flick. Liberal voters should hope that Gillard wins the ballot as she has no hope of winning the election in September. Rudd at least stands a chance though certainly not certain.

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 10:27 PM
link   
If there's a leadership spill and Rudd gets in he will only be caretaker PM for a couple of weeks or so MAX.

The Independence will only support Gillard and without them Lab can't govern which means an early election. IMO, Labor will cop it like they did in QLD & WA.

How cool for Tony Abbot, he'll get in regardless of whatever policies he comes up with for Australia.

edit on 20-3-2013 by yizzel because: oops

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 10:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by pheonix358

There may have been other reasons like the wall of text
but it was anything but off topic.

I wish the bloody Liberals would dump Big Ears (aka Mr. Budgie Smuggler) and get themselves a new leader!

It may make things a little more interesting.

P

Joe Hockey is the answer.

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 10:34 PM
link   
There it is.

Official..
the vote will occur at 430pm.

Hold onto your hats people!

'TAKE YOUR BEST SHOT': PM CALLS LEADERSHIP BALLOT

BREAKING NEWS: Julia Gillard has responded to Simon Crean's demand to address the Labor leadership by calling a ballot for 4:30pm (AEDT). She began Question Time by staring down the Opposition and declaring: "In the meantime, take your best shot". Watch live.

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 10:40 PM
link   
Everyone seems to forget that Rudd's popularity was low when he got dumped for Gillard. Everyone seemed to hate him. So why put him back in? Maybe that Chinese bloke that was always lurking in the background in press conferences behind Rudd could tell us. Rudd is one strange customer.

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 10:41 PM
link   

Okie Dokie!

Game on! This should be interesting? She is obviously is confident? That use of language is usually reserved for cock sure kinda people?

I just hope Rudd is confident as well. He needs the backing. I would imagine his phone bill will be a big one today. Oh well, I wish him the best of luck, it's been nothing but lies, deceit and total turn arounds under the Gillard rule?

edit on 20-3-2013 by CaptainBeno because: JUST SAW THE TIME, SORRY

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join