Bed shaking at night, wierd?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 08:31 PM
link   
So basically my bed starts to shake at night sometimes. Only in this house that im in right now. Been happening since i was kid. Didnt live here for 10 years and havent had this happen really. Doesnt always happen but happens. Other oddities happen here that are anomalies. I dont really know but i know its some sort of paranormal.

Interesting fact about the house, it was a butcher shop built in 1900. Was a butcher shop through the great depression and then changed into a house. It was built by my family and is still in my family.

Any suggestions?

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 08:37 PM
link   
When I was younger I thought my bed always used to shake. It would go side to side. It scared the crap out of me.

One day my cousin was staying over, and I asked if the room was shaking (cause thats what it felt like) and he said no. I have a vague recollection of my mother telling me that sometimes bad spirits mess with us to scare us.

Who knows how much of that was real, as I said I was young (5 or 6). Ive never heard of anyone else describing something like this, so I thought Id put in my two cents.
Maybe theres some other people on ATS who have a better explanation?

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 08:38 PM
link   
reply to post by osirys

Its kind of like an earthquake, really small one.

Yours like that?

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 08:40 PM
link   
just a guess...

Since this house has been around for a long time... its likely close to a railroad?

They can shake houses from a good distance...

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 08:42 PM
link   
Butchershop.....Stampeding cattle souls

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 08:43 PM
link   
Stop sleeping with your hands under the covers.you will get hairs on the palms of your hands.

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 08:47 PM
link   
I think I get what you mean, little vibrations, almost like a mini earthquake, or a truck sat outside with the engine idling.....

I get that a lot, I reckon it is all in the mind tbh, I don't live in an earthquake zone and if it was a vehicle outside, I'm sure I would notice.

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 08:54 PM
link   
reply to post by woogleuk

Is there a common explanation for it?

Be curious to know how many ATSers experience something like this at some point in our life.

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 08:55 PM
link   
Astral sex...

happens to me all the time.

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 08:56 PM
link   
Hey Now!

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 09:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by onequestion

Be curious to know how many ATSers experience something like this at some point in our life.

There's lots of names for it, sleep myoclonus, hypnic jerks, sleep starts, all of them are the same thing - when you start to slide off into sleep, your brain starts powering down your muscles, and along the way, if you tend to it, sometimes when your brain opens the circuit breakers your muscles will tense, or twitch, or your legs will kick.

You're just over the edge into the start of deep sleep, so generally you don't feel it directly, but the sensation immediately wakes you, and you feel the bed shaking, or your perception is that the bed shook and woke you.

You tend to have this more if you've got restless leg syndrome. But anyone can do it occasionally.

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 09:09 PM
link   
My bed used to frequently shake violently at night.

Goddamn, I miss that woman terribly

Only joking OP,

If it just happens in one particular house it points to a structural phenomena.
Does it happen only in one particular room? Or does it happen if you sleep in other rooms in the building.

My friends house sits beside a busy road, even during quiet traffic you could feel vibrations esp at night in bed. His house was very old (built in 1780) so maybe older building methods and materials make a difference to feeling tiny vibrations and amplify them. Newer houses on the same road don't vibrate at all.
Just something to think about.

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 09:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by onequestion

been a phenomena I have had since a kid...still happens to this day. Could never explain it still can't...my wife NEVER feels it, its always just me that feels it...so I just tell myself its all in my head.

Happens almost every night though, and I find it pretty damn interesting others have this experience as well...

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 10:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Bedlam

This happened while I was awake. It wasnt a sleep jerk. It did kinda feel like an earthquake, but I didnt hear it like a normal earthquake. I dont remember any particular sounds associated with it.

Either way, my cousin didnt notice it while I did. So that leads me to thinking its a paranormal thing.

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 10:50 PM
link   
The closest thing I can think of that would relate to the OP.

I think its a paranormal thing, but I think its attached to the house in some way. I dont think its you... if that makes sense.

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 11:30 PM
link   
I have never personally experienced anything of the sort that was described. The suggestions put forth about hypnic jerks or something similar make the most sense to my mind, though. But who knows for sure?

Just my 1 and 1/2 cents (cut down from 2 because of the sequestration).

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 04:29 AM
link   
reply to post by onequestion

I have experienced something like what you describe.I have never really put much thought into it as I live very close to an International airport.The planes don't always fly over my house,but sometimes when the weather is just right and the wind changes from its normal path,then the flights are reroted to another runway which carries them directly over my house.I honestly have never noticed if the bed shaking coincides with the flight path change.Next time I experience it I will be sure to make a note of the wind direction and flight paths of aircraft.

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 04:56 AM
link   

The shaking that you feel actually has to do with your serotonin levels. Try not to drink too much caffeine, chocolate, etc. and try some 5htp or vitamin b, you will see that the "shaking" will decrease and will eventually disappear entirely. I use to feel the bed shaking when I was younger. Some people feel the bed shaking, others hear someone whispering their name, and others may even see shadows/bugs. What you feel, hear, see and experience is directly related to serotonin levels.

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 08:31 AM
link   

About 14 years ago I began experiencing the sensation of my bed being kicked. Just once. No shaking, other than what resulted from the kick. This phenomenon followed me from one apartment, to a second apartment, and into my current home. It stopped about 8 years ago. I still haven't the foggiest what the fudge it was. But I like telling myself that the fit I threw one night in my feeble attempt to stop it, is what did it. Now, on occasion, I wear my secret cape.

posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 02:24 AM
link   
Maybe buy a new bed. It sounds like that one's broken.

new topics
top topics

<<   2 >>

join