It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

N. Korea Issues Air raid alert

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 08:22 PM
link   

N. Korea Issues in air raid alert, tells military to take immediate action…

Air raid alert issued in North Korea

I don't know what to make of this, but with all of the rhetorical going on and the apparent cyber attack today, this could be kick off of something bigger.

Can anyone else independently verify this beyond the Yonhap news site?

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 08:25 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 08:25 PM
link   
Yep,signed in as soon as i switched on sky news,the newsreader just announced it a few minutes ago !

Could the dummy be oot the pram?

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 08:26 PM
link   
reply to post by spark9576

Here's a more direct link to the Yonhap article:

N. Korea issues air raid alert, orders military to take immediate actions
SEOUL, March 21 (Yonhap) -- North Korea issued air raid alerts and ordered its military to take immediate action, the country's state media outlet said Thursday.

Korean Central Television, a TV and radio broadcaster, said the alert was issued at 9:32 a.m. with military units and civilians told to take cover. It added that authorities called on the armed forces to take countermeasures to reduce damage.

The broadcaster did not say if an attack is under way or expected, indicating it may be a drill. The North has carried out similar air raid drills in the past, and ordered blackouts during nighttime exercises.

Related to the air raid alert, South Korea's military confirmed the North carried out a drill.

"The drill may be in response to the earlier deployment of a U.S. B-52 bomber over South Korea," an official said. He added that the alert is similar to civil defense air raid drills carried out by Seoul.
english.yonhapnews.co.kr...

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 08:31 PM
link   
So now we have two ongoing military drills happening/is to happen on either side of divided Korea...

Guess what, a "mis-directed" missile on purpose, can easily tip this off in what appears to be a high stakes military drill...

Peace

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 08:31 PM
link   
There attempts to trick the SK and US into shooting first failed.

So now they are trying to trick their own soldiers into shooting first i think.

Imagine if your a young NKorean soldier armed with a missile depot.. a siren sounds, your alerted to man your battle station, you see a plane in the distance your adrenalin rushes, you lose your thought you press the button.

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 08:36 PM
link   
As much as the thought of a nuke going off just spells the worlds screwed,i just wish they would hurry up and go for it or bottle out...how the hell can a pint sized fatbody with a bowlcut expect anyone to take him seriously to start with never mind after bleating on about it for ages...bit of a damp squib?

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 08:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Agit8dChop
Imagine if your a young NKorean soldier armed with a missile depot.. a siren sounds, your alerted to man your battle station, you see a plane in the distance your adrenalin rushes, you lose your thought you press the button.

So true, high alert could simply be mis-interpreted for an invasion by the South and with an over-dose of adrenalin rush, this should most likely land the first blow...

Looks so close to popping already...

Peace

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 08:47 PM
link   
and the child once again pokes his head out from behind the tree and sticks his tongue out.. I wish he at least would throw a rock..

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 08:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by ScottishBiker420
how the hell can a pint sized fatbody with a bowlcut expect anyone to take him seriously to start with never mind after bleating on about it for ages...bit of a damp squib?

Well a mad one bollocked Austrian Charlie Chaplin look alike made sure that a fair proportion of the world took HIM seriously!Maybe if the"pint sized fatboy with a bowlcut" wore some lederhosen and grew a moustache that would give him added gravitas?

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 08:54 PM
link   
reply to post by nake13

If hitler had acted like this would he have been taken so seriously???

All im saying is i bet im not the only one sick of hearing empty threats,how long has he been bleating on about war for now,if ye wanna be taken seriously then act,or bottle out he is only holding back his own people,christ i bet even they are sick and want a decision soon!

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 09:17 PM
link   
This party needs to start already. We need to rid this midget of all his b.s. And start taking care of the n. Korean people already. Ladies and gentlemen start your B52 bombers.

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 09:28 PM
link   
Poor N korean children and families being put through this crap
Though i could say the same about our little war on terrorism

edit on 20-3-2013 by all2human because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 09:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Agit8dChop

Somehow I think the NKorean army are well drilled and disciplined. That's all they have going for them...but they have it.

I doubt that type of incident would happen from the NKorean side

I also doubt they're trying to 'trick' anyone into firing on them. I think now they have 'the bomb' they are beating their chests until they get the response they want.

I think it is time to say to NKorea, congrats, well done, all sanctions removed, Achievement unlocked: Obtained the A-Bomb...reward 1 Billion USeless dollars. Now feed your people and lets make peace and prosper so we don't need to build bombs any longer.

edit on 20-3-2013 by LightAssassin because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 10:49 PM
link   
reply to post by LightAssassin

Except its not going to work out like that. If we were to give NK all that money. KJU and is military elite will just grab it all up real quick and not let the populous see any of it. Sure NK will shutup and we'll forget about him, you know out of sight out of mind, however the people of NK will still be starving and no better off then before. Then ultimately KJU will peak his head out once he and his cronies have spent all that money and start making a lot of noise and we get to repeat this whole farce all over again.

I like the idea of just refusing to do anything and seeing what NK does. So far all KJU seems capable of doing is pitching a big hissy fit.

top topics

join