It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Beyond the Black Rainbow - Surreal, Occult Sci-Fi

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 08:19 PM
link   

I don't know where to begin with this movie. I watched it probably a month ago now and I've been meaning to post about it ever since.

It's a Canadian movie, first released back in 2010. It's very slow. The pacing gets compared to that of 2001 or Tarkovsky movies. There's not a lot of plot, there's long stretches were no one talks. It's all about visuals and there's some astounding ones in this movie. The whole middle portion is one of the most incredible things I've seen.

The basics of the movie are this: There's a young girl locked away in a kind of New Age-y research facility. She's psychic. Her doctor is...unstable. Years ago he took a journey, probably metaphorical, hallucinatory, that took him to places he couldn't handle.

It's not for everybody. It's pretty divisive, even for people who do enjoy slow, ambient movies. A lot of people say it's all style and no substance. I can't argue with that, but I think that's an okay thing. I highly recommend it though. Especially if you enjoy movies with a lot of crazy imagery.

It's on Netflix Instant right now.

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 07:53 AM
link   
reply to post by SaulGoodman

I have it on my Netflix Queue but haven't had time to watch it yet. I will let you know what I think after I've had time to check it out- too busy with Spring cleaning right now but I'll get to it eventually.

join