It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Walking Dead - If Daryl Dies...

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 06:54 PM
link   
reply to post by captaintyinknots

It makes sense because writing for a baby is overly complicated, but then it also allows for a lot of future unknowns.

If everyone is being very quiet and then the baby starts screaming (intro fight scene).

But yeah I get that lugging a baby around in an apocalypse is hardcore writing.
edit on 3/25/2013 by Bleeeeep because: writing not written

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 07:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by captaintyinknots
Glenn. Glen all the way. Maybe Maggie too.

That was my first thought, but I don't think so. That would not be "shocking" enough for me anyway. However, he and Maggie both? You could be on to something there. If you think about it, two major characters have never been killed at the same time. So that would be a nice change up.

"Shocking" to me would be Carl. Maybe even Andrea cause her character has been such a big part of the show lately, but Carl would without a doubt be "shocking".

I am sure the Governor has it coming too, but again, not "shocking" at all. In fact, it's to be expected at some point sooner than later. ~$heopleNation

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 07:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bleeeeep
Not baby kickass!! Noooooo!

That's just wrong. Kind of makes sense though. I guess it saves them from having to kill off a major character while keeping up with the shock factor. I don't know though. ~$heopleNation

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 07:42 PM
link   
reply to post by SheopleNation

In the comics, the baby and Whori died when the Gov. invaded but also Carl gets shot in the face and loses an eye and Rick gets his hand chopped off.
Well, weve already had Whori die, plus two amputations and the Gov loses an eye, so theyre somewhat following the comics but they are switching people around.
I hope to find out more this week.. Im quitting my job and buying a case of Red Bull, to get some research in before Sunday

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 07:53 PM
link   
reply to post by TriForce

They seemed to have combined the Governor with the next "bad guy" in the comics time line... I'm actually happy that they're consolidating events / people from the source material into archetypes - as it allows them to deviate and allow their own narrative - example creating Merle, who wasn't in the comics, and then letting HIM lose a hand as opposed to Rick.

Having said that... Glen has a terrible end in the comics and I really think that the fact that he gave Maggie that ring telegraphs what's going to happen next. It sets things up for a HUGE emotional event in the season finale. Whereas if they kill little Judith off? Honestly she's been so removed from the story that it wouldn't have enough oomph to pay off.

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 07:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by TriForce
In the comics, the baby and Whori died when the Gov. invaded but also Carl gets shot in the face and loses an eye and Rick gets his hand chopped off.
Well, weve already had Whori die, plus two amputations and the Gov loses an eye, so theyre somewhat following the comics but they are switching people around.
I hope to find out more this week.. Im quitting my job and buying a case of Red Bull, to get some research in before Sunday

Yeah, Kirkman mentioned in an interview that they are mixing things up a bit from the comics, and rightly so. I myself have never read the comics series. I thought about it once I started getting into the tv series, but did not want to spoil anything. Not a comics guy anyway.

Ok you know what TriForce? Now I think it's baby kick ass who dies after hearing what you have to say about the Comics series. 2nd would be Carl, and 3rd would be Andrea. Glenn to me is too predictable, unless Maggie perishes along with him.

I am hopelessly devoted to this show, my entire family as well. It's a disease, like the walkers have. Kind of like we also have for Breaking Bad and Boardwalk Empire.
~SheopleNation

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 07:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hefficide
Having said that... Glen has a terrible end in the comics and I really think that the fact that he gave Maggie that ring telegraphs what's going to happen next. It sets things up for a HUGE emotional event in the season finale. Whereas if they kill little Judith off? Honestly she's been so removed from the story that it wouldn't have enough oomph to pay off.

That is a reasonable arguement as well my friend. Is the season finale next weekend Heff? Or does anyone else know when it is? ~$heopleNation

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 08:23 PM
link   

Easter Sunday

Whereas if they kill little Judith off? Honestly she's been so removed from the story that it wouldn't have enough oomph to pay off.

Yea, I agree with that too but its still a shock factor (remember the baby zom in dawn of the dead?"
Also, like someone already mentioned.. Surviving in a Zombie invasion, with a baby is pretty much impossible.
Screaming when you fire, screaming when its hungry and screaming when it needs "cleaning".
I dont wanna give to much away, plus, I may be completely wrong but I also heard, from a different person that the baby is "collateral" damage as the bullet went through the person that was holding her and killed them both.
edit on 25-3-2013 by TriForce because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 10:18 PM
link   
This just popped up on Norman Reedus' ( Daryl ) FB feed and I thought it was cool enough to share.

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 10:20 PM
link   

That I can see happening. If it's Carol at least... The writing could go in the direction of making Daryl go totally nuts. In the original work it's Rick who goes totally gaga... but they could use Daryl as a surrogate for that. Carol and the baby dying, right after he had to kill Merle would be enough to push him straight over the edge.

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 05:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by TriForce
You guys have mentioned just about everybody.. except for the one that I was told..

Heres a hint, they have had no lines, this entire season

Maybe Beth?
She adds to the plot, as in symbolizing the protection of the innocent (including the baby).
But in reality, she adds little to the actual activity.
They have not been giving her role much contribution to the story-lines this season.

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 12:03 PM
link   

That I can see happening. If it's Carol at least... The writing could go in the direction of making Daryl go totally nuts. In the original work it's Rick who goes totally gaga... but they could use Daryl as a surrogate for that. Carol and the baby dying, right after he had to kill Merle would be enough to push him straight over the edge.

That would be an interesting twist. And I bet Norman Reedus would play 'nuts' very well.

Ive said for a few weeks now, I think the group is going to take heavy losses, so I wouldnt be surprised if we see a combination of some of these people dying.

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 05:17 PM
link   
reply to post by BlueAjah

They should get rid of maggie and keep beth so a relationship between beth and glen can later develop. If they take maggie ( and maybe an unborn baby that zombifies upon maggies death) it would make glen go Mad Max. Who wouldn't like that? The Road Warrior Glen!! It makes glen A LOT more interesting, and adds the possible plot line (for glen and beth to become a couple) to the story line.

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 05:25 PM
link   

I live about 20 minutes from where they film TWD... If anyone comes across any credible Internet buzz that they are planning on killing Daryl off, just message me. I will put a stop to it!

Or at least I'll get myself arrested trying to put a stop to it. One or the other.

Heff, I tried for YEARS to get a walk-on role as a zombie.

If you could help, it'd be greatly appreciated!

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 05:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer

I live about 20 minutes from where they film TWD... If anyone comes across any credible Internet buzz that they are planning on killing Daryl off, just message me. I will put a stop to it!

Or at least I'll get myself arrested trying to put a stop to it. One or the other.

Heff, I tried for YEARS to get a walk-on role as a zombie.

If you could help, it'd be greatly appreciated!

Your zombie makeup probably made you too good lookin, try going as yourself

edit on 26-3-2013 by TriForce because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 06:20 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

You have to go to their zombie school before you can get a walk on as a zombie

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 09:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by captaintyinknots
You have to go to their zombie school before you can get a walk on as a zombie

It would not suprise me if you're telling the truth. The Zombie acting is leagues above other zombie films. Like Romero's Night of The Living Dead Classic, the Zombie acting was terrible as well as most of the remakes.

The Punk rock one had some decent actors though. Obviously the make up technology and the special effects these days give The Walking Dead the upper hand in that department. ~$heopleNation

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 10:06 PM
link   

Not kidding whatsoever. I dabble in a little acting, and I had my agent get some info about it, because I wanted to see how realistic it would be to get on there.

They have a set training facility, the location escapes me at the moment, I think maybe it Atlanta. Hines Ward took their training class before his cameo as a walker.

posted on Apr, 1 2013 @ 10:08 AM
link   
Damn, I was all kinds of wrong on this one but to be fair, the ppl I know were being REALLY tight lipped about this..
I guess since it was the season fnale.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join