It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CVS Hijacks Their Employee's Bodies

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 12:55 PM
link   
commonhealth.wbur.org...

Let’s cut to the chase. Yes, it’s legal. And it’s a huge trend that began with only “carrots” — discounts on gym memberships, fun health fairs — and is now progressing to sticks. Or at least, to carrots that can feel a whole lot like sticks.

www.healthpolicysolutions.org...

The law requires insurance companies to justify rate increases, gives you the right to repeal a denied claim, phases out annual and lifetime limits on your coverage, and forces insurance companies to spend at least 80 percent of your premiums on providing care — not on marketing or bonuses.

When health insurance exchanges are implemented in states by 2014, all of us will have the same insurance options as members of Congress. These marketplaces will allow individuals and small businesses to compare rates and find plans that work for them or their employees.

www.medibid.com...

Due to Obamacare, many fitness and health procedures are to be completely covered by insurance. Patients feel that they are getting them for free, since they are not paying at time of services rendered, but their premiums will greatly increase for this prepaid medical care. A large amount of the costs go toward treating preventable disease such as obesity and its health risks. Employers want to increase wellness in the workplace to increase productivity.

Patients looking to improve their health due to weight issues can save money on gastric bypass or diabetes screening on MediBid. Get the individualized care you need from physicians willing to provide affordable medical care outside the restrictive world of insurance. Employers can also find group health plans which use HSAs, which give the power of medical decisions in the hands of employees rather than insurance. Check out our free BMI calculator here!

www.healthcare.gov...

What This Means for You
If your plan is subject to these new requirements, you may not have to pay a copayment, co-insurance, or deductible to receive recommended preventive health services, such as screenings, vaccinations, and counseling.

For example, depending on your age, you may have access — at no cost — to preventive services such as:

•Blood pressure, diabetes, and cholesterol tests
•Many cancer screenings, including mammograms and colonoscopies
•Counseling on such topics as quitting smoking, losing weight, eating healthfully, treating depression, and reducing alcohol use
•Regular well-baby and well-child visits, from birth to age 21
•Routine vaccinations against diseases such as measles, polio, or meningitis
•Counseling, screening, and vaccines to ensure healthy pregnancies
•Flu and pneumonia shots - Visit Vaccines.gov to learn more

It is here, and it is starting. The government wants your employers insurance to get information on you. They will have the information or you will pay. It is what could be considered an "unhealthy" tax. You will obey, you will conform. You are owned.

Raist

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 01:02 PM
link   
reply to post by redoubt

What the hell is this world coming to? I really hope that this gets overturned somehow! No one should be expected to do this EVER!.

I'm pretty sure that if they do go through with this, those people with a high BMI and what not will have higher insurance costs.

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 01:12 PM
link   
I know a guy who works for CVS. He told me last week that a change was coming but they didn't tell him what it was. Now he knows of course. I havn't spoke to him yet, but his comments should be intresting.

That leads to an interesting question: what if you're not overweight or unhealthy in any way, but eat LOADS of fat and always refuse the flu shot? That's the case for me. (I am an RN and if the flu shot were ever forced on me I'd walk out then and there. Really). I'm very fit, and weigh just 161 lbs at 52 years of age. Would they penalize me because I eat boatloads of saturated fat (from grassfed beef, butter and raw milk) on purpose? Even with prefectly steller cholesterol on all fronts (total, trigs, LDL, HDL)?

I think those of us who wish should be able to prove our fitness in an MMA round with the insurance rep. I Win and I get the low rate. He (or she) winds and they can charge whatever they want.

I'd win, by the way

Now, that would never happen where I work. I work daily with the owners and I know they'd tell the insurance company to stuff it. Unless of course ALL insurance companies start this garbage.

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 01:28 PM
link   
reply to post by cavedweller88

I will not be overturned though. It is part of the new thing that is taking affect everywhere. By this time next year all businesses will do it or they will be fined. It is being driven by the insurance companies.

Even those without a job and buying the insurance they are forced to buy will have to start doing this. It is time to pay the piper as I mentioned earlier.

usatoday30.usatoday.com...

•Mandatory employer-provided coverage. Small businesses – with fewer than 50 employees – are exempt from mandatory requirements. Businesses with more than 50 employees will be required to provide coverage as of 2014 or pay a fine. That means those of us who provide health care coverage will no longer, in effect, be subsidizing our competitors (whose employees rely on public health services) who don't.

•Mandatory personal coverage. Also as of 2014, you'll be required to have health insurance or pay a fine. If you have to pay more than 8% of your income for the cheapest plan, you're not penalized.

www.bizfilings.com...

The Supreme Court has upheld the linchpin of the Patient Protection Affordable Care Act: The requirement that each individual carry at least a minimum level of health insurance or face a tax penalty beginning in 2014.

Edit: to add the links about mandatory insurance, was reminded in a PM.

Raist
edit on 3/21/13 by Raist because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 01:45 PM
link   
I don't understand how anyone is being forced to take a flu shot. All you have to do I'd tell them you're allergic to one of its components (I think it is eggs). They can't force you to take it if you know you will have a life threatening reaction.

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 01:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by macman
reply to post by jimmyx

Yes, they should, as I have not seen where in the Constitution it states that Govt gets to set guidelines for companies in this manner.

Very simple. YOU have the right to work elsewhere. I find it very sad and embarrassing that you and Progressives think that you get to set the rules YOU like, for others.

we the people set the rules, not we the corporations...corporations come under we the people laws, not the other way around...corporations are entities that are granted to do business by the government. those charters can be revoked by we the people.
it's about time the people set the rules for business, not business that sets the rules for people.

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 01:54 PM
link   
Well, if They are going to make us hard working folks share our most personal information (which I think is BS) or pay, I think it only fair that They require all those folks soaking the system at the welfare etc. to do the same... because you know what this means for us... it means if something should go wrong with you while on the job, they can call the pre-existing card or some such line of nonsense to not cover you.... it's all about the $$$... This is out of control and spinning ever faster....

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 01:54 PM
link   
reply to post by jimmyx

So, you think, with the Progressive mindset, that you get to dictate how I run my business?

The company is there not to provide jobs. The company is there to make money for the owner(s), by either providing goods or services. The job is a byproduct.

Your idea of this "We The People" having mob rule over a company really is sickening and embarrassing.

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 02:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Anmarie96

They will not be able to not cover you any longer. Everyone must be covered.

However, they can adjust your rates. Come 2014 everyone will be required to have insurance. You can bet by that time all insurance companies will be doing this.

Raist

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 02:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by MsAphrodite

It's part of Obamacare. It's the law. There will be no lawsuits. As I said you are now a subject. You gave up your citizenship.

Want insurance? Get on the scale

Did you even bother to read the article you linked to?

The Affordable Care Act requires employers to offer health insurance, but some companies are making workers jump through new hoops to get it.

More than 40% of employers currently -- or are planning to -- tie biometric measurements to premiums or health plan incentives,

(emphasis mine)

No mention of an Obamacare mandate.

Please point it out to me.

Or even better. Point it out in the Act itself.
The Affordable Care Act, Section by Section

I'm sure we are all looking forward to your speedy reply.

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 02:05 PM
link   
Pretty soon only the non-smoking skinny broccoli eaters will be employable.

Too bad there's not enough of them to keep the country running.

And everyone else will just get more and more outraged, and they're the ones with the guns.

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 02:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheOtter
I don't understand how anyone is being forced to take a flu shot. All you have to do I'd tell them you're allergic to one of its components (I think it is eggs). They can't force you to take it if you know you will have a life threatening reaction.

Because you must list things like ... what you are allergic to when you work in healthcare, along with many other things. You must complete an entire work-up with the occ. med. staff and the human resources staff prior to being officially hired. Not to mention, lying is unethical and most of us would have a damn hard time lying about that. Also, it wouldn't be difficult to prove you are lying about a food allergy and fire you over lack of integrity, insubordination.... Should I go on?

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 02:56 PM
link   
For the record, If anything I was underweight, never used drugs, rarely drank alcohol and was an extremely dedicated employee. The policy of intrusion had overstepped its boundaries, in my opinion, and it was the last straw. In my situation, the job was no longer to my benefit and I had a choice to make. For others, unfortunately they may have to make some other adjustments in their lives.

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 03:11 PM
link   
I know this is a sensitive issue.

If I read this correctly a company says you need to go to a doctor and have these tests done and report the results back. If you don't do that, you will have a premium increase of $50 per month.

If they had worded this just the opposite.. Your premium is X dollars per month and if you go to the doc and report the results you will save $50 per month, would people still be upset?

Or would people be upset if say you got a reduction in your monthly premium if they maintained a healthy lifestyle?

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 03:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wildbob77
I know this is a sensitive issue.

If I read this correctly a company says you need to go to a doctor and have these tests done and report the results back. If you don't do that, you will have a premium increase of $50 per month.

If they had worded this just the opposite.. Your premium is X dollars per month and if you go to the doc and report the results you will save $50 per month, would people still be upset?

Or would people be upset if say you got a reduction in your monthly premium if they maintained a healthy lifestyle?

What about the people who maintain a healthy lifestyle and just want to go to work and be left the hell alone. Why is it okay for invasion of privacy in exchange for a paycheck?

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 03:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Wildbob77

That is basically how they worded it where I work. However, since rate have increased 9 out of the last 10 years I look at it for what it really is, a fine. It is a fine for not being healthy. Which in a way makes it a tax. An unhealthy tax.

Raist

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 04:26 PM
link   
reply to post by redoubt

It's no different then the CEO of Domino's not allowing birth control in his employees health insurance package. The courts have upheld that and they will uphold this as well.

I won't be buying at Domino's or CVS any time soon. Thanks for the head's up.

PS - for any who are going to say "it's not the same thing", it's the same principle how ever you state it - an employer dictating what is right and what is wrong - it is discrimanition by another means.

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 04:38 PM
link   
What defines "healthy"? Exercise, rest, nutritious diet? Taking blood pressure meds? Avoiding fat? Eating fat? Vegetarianism? Meat-based diet?

Once Big Pharma and Big Insurance decide what's best to keep you healthy, you will have no choice.

My husband gets the flu shot even though he does not want it. There is subtle pressure on the job to get the shot to keep "others" healthy.

My husband takes statins for a cholesterol level that was considered normal 10 years ago. The statins make him forgetful and tired. Again, subtle pressure to conform. Yes, he has talked to his doc about it.

You can refuse up to a certain point, then the phone calls are more wearing than ever. The "health educators" call once a week until you listen and talk to them.

Feh.

I grew up with a doctor who made house calls and was paid in cash. We had major medical for the few times there was a massive injury. Dad died peacefully at 80, mom is still working an acre of garden at 82. They took no statins, had no company monitoring every move.

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 04:39 PM
link   
reply to post by FyreByrd

First, it is Domino Farms not Domino pizza. That has been stated multiple times in the thread. The suit is against Domino Farms. The owner gave up most of his shares of Domino pizza. He has no real say over their health care, that is the majority of stock holders who will decide that. In that case the owners religious beliefs are being infringed upon. I am not saying I agree with his beliefs but if mine were like his I would close the place down. That said my wife's work did not cover BC either for the same reasons. BC is cheap and easy to get no one was saying they could not get it, just that the owner was not going to pay his share of it.

Second, insurance has always been until recently a benefit. It should remain a benefit. Benefits were to attract the best employees and to make them want to stay working for you instead of leaving. Those jobs that do not offer insurance are not worth staying at, you work there until you find better. Before insurance became mandatory the packages that were given out were better, and we were not forced to get compliant or be fined.

Third, private business should be just that. The business owner should decide how to run his or her own business. However this is not the business causing this.

This is coming from the insurance companies who were told they would have to cover everyone. This is due to Obamacare, many wanted healthcare handed to them but it turned and bit them. By 2014 everyone will have to have insurance or be fined. The insurance companies cannot get away without not covering you so they will just up your rates for everything that they can claim will put you at risk.

You get nothing for free in life, you might think you do, but someone is paying for it. In many cases it is the middle class. That is okay though, thanks all those who were for healthcare reform for getting us into this

Raist
edit on 3/21/13 by Raist because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 04:41 PM
link   
I am half and half with this.

I thinks its ridiculous that I exercise every day, eat healthy, stay active, and are overall aware of healthy habits. Yet, the fat pig of a lady who sits next to me sits all day long pounding doughnuts and diet coke, and we pay the same for health insurance? My rates go up every year because fat pigs can't stop stuffing their face?

And a lot of people say its peoples "freedom" to do whatever they want to their body. I agree that a person does have that right.

However, people are so fat a disgusting that it impedes on my life such as... THE COST FOR HEALTH INSURANCE.

This is no different than if you were a terrible driver, your rates go up.

You have the freedom to eat whatever you want, until the point you start taking up more real estate than a VW

In my opinion, if we didnt have some 33% OBESE population, NONE of this health care crisis would even be happening.

Research, resources, doctors, etc could be redirected to solving other things, other problems... all because people can't stop stuffing their faces with crap.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join