It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CVS Hijacks Their Employee's Bodies

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 01:21 AM
link   

i still dont see how "FORCING" an employee to break bonds with a doctor patient confidentiality is legal ,
reply to post by ~widowmaker~

If you have health insurance, you already don't really have doctor patient confidentiality. I'm always amazed people don't seem to really realize that. Whomever is paying the bill can have your records. It's really pretty much that simple, and has been for a very long time.

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 01:22 AM
link   
reply to post by tetra50

oh i understand that..... but this im sure is not going into a set of just one group of people (hr/ar), maybe even your boss can look this up now? or even worse people not even in management positions

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 01:26 AM
link   
My husbands company gives you 100 dollars in a gift card if you submit this information. I see it as required soon.

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 01:32 AM
link   
I also think that once it was admitted that everyone's health records were going into a huge database where everything about all of us is available to all doctors, insurance companies and who knows who else...welll, really that's my point. Putting all that info in a single database, sold to us as keeping us healthier and safer, and safeguarding our records, what a laugh, does exactly the opposite. Any hacker with basic abilities can most likely access anything about your health records.
edit on 21-3-2013 by tetra50 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 02:23 AM
link   
reply to post by redoubt

IT is very simple, quit. If enough people say no and quit they will have to rethink their position.

It all comes down with personal choice and what you will put up with.

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 02:30 AM
link   
Again... this is Obamacare, not CVS. Soon all employers will be requiring this. It doesn't matter where you work.

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 04:14 AM
link   
I'm no fan of socialized medicine, but it would seem you'd need numbers, for data sets on everyone required to get insurance to do simple task.

Like plan future budgets.
Bureaucracy requires data.
edit on 21-3-2013 by Mykey057420 because: (no reason given)

edit on 21-3-2013 by Mykey057420 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 04:28 AM
link   
My husband's company also has a similar thing. Once a year, we're required to go to a 'health screening' where this information is collected and if we get 6,000 "points" for healthy numbers, the insurance premium is reduced by $600. (Each healthy number is worth 1,000 points. Non-smokers automatically get 2,000 points.)

So it's basically the same--don't give the info or if your numbers aren't within the healthy ranges, pay $600 but they word it differently.

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 06:04 AM
link   
This is the type of society i see encourage all around me really,
when someone points out that police are being allowed to break
the rules, apologist come by and say well he had a good reason
to bully that person into submission, into giving up their rights,
well when it spreads, like it is now, then we see the real problem
with allowing someone to use their authority over you to manipulate
your choices....... this is why rights are important, they will chip them
away if we allow it, it will never end well.

I for one am about tired of it all, the slow gradual almost inevitable
trek to an overly oppressive, "for your own good", loss of privacy
in every aspect of life, heck even ron paul, the supposed
champion of freedom believes he and the government have
a place in our bedroom, dictating what we should and should
not do....... its no ones business so long as i am not hurting
anyone.
edit on 21-3-2013 by bloodreviara because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 06:19 AM
link   
BOEING has something similar. You have to join up with their wellness program which is VERY invasive .. otherwise you have to pay a whole lot more for your health insurance.
edit on 3/21/2013 by FlyersFan because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 07:18 AM
link   
Ok, first I need to admit that I understand nothing about how insurance works. Also, I never really studied up on Obamacare, due to it not applying to me.

So I want to clarify one thing:

Obamacare forces companies to offer health insurance to employees. But the law doesn't restrict companies from putting undue eligibility requirements on said health care?

How does that help anybody? What they have done is basically given unscrupulous corporations the ability to put their health plans completely out of reach of the employees. Isn't that the opposite of what Obamacare was intended to do? (Or is it...? Hmmm.....)

Also, this punitive fee they are going to charge employees who opt out of the tests... Does that money go to the employer (CVS), or to the insurance company, or what? Cause if it goes to CVS, then they are just basically literally robbing their employees *and* screwing their insurance provider.

No wonder the CEO makes $16 million per year.

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 08:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by smyleegrl
How can this be legal? Wouldn't HIPPA prevent this?

HIPPA prevents disclosure from the Medical teams involved. Requiring am employee to bring records is no different than taking my records from one doctor to another.

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 08:07 AM
link   
reply to post by redoubt

I think the solution is incredibly simple:
DON'T WORK FOR CVS.

Jeez. CVS does NOT control anyone's body. They can't. That power can never be 'taken,' it can only be given.
If enough of CVS employees started to quit or protest over this, I guarantee they would very quickly change their decision.

The power is and always has been in the hands of the masses.
The slaves out number the masters by the millions.
If people are tired of the coporations and their BS...then STOP buying from them! Stop giving your money, time or energy to them.
It's not worth being stressed out over.

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 08:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by tetra50
I also think that once it was admitted that everyone's health records were going into a huge database where everything about all of us is available to all doctors, insurance companies and who knows who else...welll, really that's my point. Putting all that info in a single database, sold to us as keeping us healthier and safer, and safeguarding our records, what a laugh, does exactly the opposite. Any hacker with basic abilities can most likely access anything about your health records.
edit on 21-3-2013 by tetra50 because: (no reason given)

It's already done. There's a insurance database that can be shared amongst insurance. This is not protected by HIPPA because doctors and medical staff do not disclose the information, but rather insurance companies take diagnosing payment information paid to include in this database. This can be requested by other insurance companies and used in determination of policies and payments.

I don't remember what it's called, but as I was applying for insurance, fine print said by accepting, I'm giving them the right to search the database for information provided by other insurance companies. I'm going to search for it and hopefully I can find it again.

EDIT: It's called the MIB Group. It's only used with accessed life insurance as far as I can tell, but the database exists.
edit on 21-3-2013 by SilentKillah because: (no reason given)

edit on 21-3-2013 by SilentKillah because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 08:35 AM
link   
reply to post by redoubt

It is a private company. They can set employment standards as they see fit.
If the workers don't want to divulge this info, they are free to work somewhere else.

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 08:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer
With the advent of Obamacare and the associated costs, employers are now forced to garner information for "preventative care".

What you at, drink, smoke, how you exercise, if you exercise, the eating habits of your family; are all under the auspices of the State.

You folks wanted "free healthcare".

Well, here's the bill.

gee, i didn't know Obama was able to get his healthcare plan enacted and signed into law all by himself...good thing the republicans didn't have any say in this, right? because, you know, the republicans are always on the side of the middle class and working poor, right? the republicans would never insist on helping big business with provisions, add-ons, or amendments to the new healthcare law that would hurt the middle class and working poor, right?...right?

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 09:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by jimmyx

Originally posted by beezzer
With the advent of Obamacare and the associated costs, employers are now forced to garner information for "preventative care".

What you at, drink, smoke, how you exercise, if you exercise, the eating habits of your family; are all under the auspices of the State.

You folks wanted "free healthcare".

Well, here's the bill.

gee, i didn't know Obama was able to get his healthcare plan enacted and signed into law all by himself...good thing the republicans didn't have any say in this, right? because, you know, the republicans are always on the side of the middle class and working poor, right? the republicans would never insist on helping big business with provisions, add-ons, or amendments to the new healthcare law that would hurt the middle class and working poor, right?...right?

Mock all you want. Healthcare was screwed up before Obama, he just made it 10 times worse.

It is his signature piece of legislation.

He owns it, yet we're all gonna pay for it.

Typical progressive tripe. Get something that others pay for!

link   
Most companies require a physical for health benefits, honestly this maneuver by CVS is pretty much the same the thing. I live in Michigan (which is an At Will state), what worries me is forced flu shots or the like by employers threatening termination on refusal.

link   

It's already done. There's a insurance database that can be shared amongst insurance. This is not protected by HIPPA because doctors and medical staff do not disclose the information, but rather insurance companies take diagnosing payment information paid to include in this database. This can be requested by other insurance companies and used in determination of policies and payments.

I don't remember what it's called, but as I was applying for insurance, fine print said by accepting, I'm giving them the right to search the database for information provided by other insurance companies. I'm going to search for it and hopefully I can find it again.

EDIT: It's called the MIB Group. It's only used with accessed life insurance as far as I can tell, but the database exists.

reply to post by SilentKillah

Exactly. That's why I began what I wrote with this:

I also think that once it was admitted

"admitted" being the operative word here. It was, I believe, already done probably quite a while ago.

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 09:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by macman
reply to post by redoubt

It is a private company. They can set employment standards as they see fit.
If the workers don't want to divulge this info, they are free to work somewhere else.

they can set employment standards as they see fit??....ok, well, since they wouldn't want any employee hung over from drinking alcohol the previous night, i think they should insist that none of their employee's drink alcohol the night before they go to work. and since they can set employment standards, any employee that does not shower before work can be fired, and employees calorie intake each day would be set, so no employee presents a bad image of the company of being fat. and all flu shots, doctor visits must be done in order to keep your job. any day that you are scheduled and you call in sick, your pay is docked, so the employer can pay for your replacement. and if your clothing is subpar for the job, the employer will buy you clothes and your pay will be docked to compensate the company for the purchase.
after all, it's a private company, and they can set employment standards as they see fit, right?
edit on 21-3-2013 by jimmyx because: addition

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join