It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

N.M. recent helicorder display

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 05:55 PM
link   
I have been feeling like something is impending. I was feeling this way on the thirteenth of March. SO I scouted around and found these recordings.You have to put in the search engine recent New Mexico helicorder displays (that doesent say gov but edu)in the response. The results for Caprock and San Simon Sink are shocking for the 13 ,14 of March. Maybe I am interpreting this wrong. Please some one post pictures of those readings Thanks

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 06:07 PM
link   
reply to post by chardonnay

Link the heliocorders you are concerned about so we don't have to guess.
Thanks.

M.

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 06:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Moshpet

Chardonnay is talking about this Cap Rock and this San Simon Sink seismograph, I believe. And there's nothing to worry about on them. That's just a really high sensitivity hyper-magnifying the background noise. Or the wind. If those represented actual quake activity in New Mexico, they'd be feeling it in Buenos Aires.

Full seismograph page...

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 07:01 PM
link   
Link to all those helicorders is here

I see what you mean, OP. They are really messy looking traces. We see stuff like that on some of the Yellowstone ones too at times, and in some other places as well. In the case of Yellowstone we referred to them as going "Pollock" because they look like Jackson Pollock paintings.

The cause? Generally, where the helicorder traces are all over the place all day like that but there is not actually any notable seismic activity going on -- and we'd sure hear about it if there was -- it typically is the result of wind effects. Yes, wind can affect the helicorders, especially if there are trees nearby. This is because the wind moves the trees and that, in turn, causes movements in the tree roots. These movements get picked up as vibrations through the ground and make it look like major quakes going on for hours and hours, even when it's obvious there aren't.

If the traces go crazy only during normal working hours (at a given location), it's often "cultural noise", meaning things like snow ploughs and snow grooming machines if the area is under heavy snow. Or sometimes just heavy traffic. A couple of the LA seismos show very clear increases in activity when it's busiest on the nearby main roads. They can also be affected by portable generators that are used to supply power to some seismo stations, but these tend to have a pretty distinctive pattern as they cut in for a short while to charge the batteries then shut down again. So what you're seeing there is not typical for generator interference.

These crazy traces cover almost the whole day in some cases, so I'd go for wind being the culprit here rather than just cultural noise. You'll find there are several other days that show very similar traces, besides the specific dates you mentioned.

Fortunately the people who watch these things for a living are well aware of the things that can disturb the helis and they allow for this. Where the things get swamped, they'll check others within the general region and study those that are less affected by weather factors or cultural noise.

Some seismos, even well inland, can also get affected by ocean waves pounding the beaches, even many miles away. But again, that has a fairly distinctive pattern, not like the (probable) wind effects we're seeng on those helis.
edit on 20/3/13 by JustMike because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 10:21 PM
link   
reply to post by JustMike

Thankyou for your explanation. Did YOU see albuquerques? It was solid. Just wanted to add that the reason I looked it up was because the H,A,A,R,P. industion magnetometer reading for that day especially the one labelled " down "was unusual.

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 12:43 PM
link   
reply to post by chardonnay

Hi again and sorry for the delay in responding.

Interesting observation you make there. Yeah, Albuquerque's traces from late one day into first half of the next look really weird. I feel they are not normal traces at all because as you said, it's just totally "solid". It looks more like a signal problem somewhere along the line from where the physical movement is picked up, converted to electronic pulses then processed into a digital signal for the feed.

I'd consider possible outside EM influences if similar "solid" effects showed up on other helis in the same geographical region, but it seems where they have crazy traces on some, they're more like classic wind effects (not so "solid" looking) rather than signal glitches.

So for Albuquerque, I'd put it down to just a signal problem on that one heli and nothing more than that. If it were due to HAARP I'd love to figure how or why they'd target so precisely and not effect the other seismos dotted around the place and also not influence other sensitive equipment either.

Just my opinion though. Absolutely no obligation to agree with me. I'm cool with it either way.

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 01:34 AM
link   
Thanks for the explanation. Today I clicked on one and it was almost solid black.Another thought I had was the proximity to the mines and the blasting going on.

new topics

top topics

join