It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Westboro Baptist Church neighbours show their gay pride with rainbow house

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 05:40 PM
link   

Westboro Baptist Church neighbours show their gay pride with rainbow house

ww w.thestar.com

Aaron Jackson is getting worldwide attention for a house painting job in Topeka, Kansas. But this is no ordinary house, and these are not your ordinary house colours.

Jackson, one of the founders of a multi-pronged charity called Planting Peace, painted this particular house with gay pride rainbow colours.

He did this as a counter protest to the anti-gay beliefs of the Westboro Baptist Church. That church just happens to be across the street from the house his charity bought recently for $83,000 (U.S.)

“I didn’t do this to start a war,” he told the Star on Wednesday morn
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.thestar.com

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 05:40 PM
link   
I had to post this... and honestly... I frickin love it

LMAO!!!

The response from WBC about this situation was just as funny as the story...

They said: This is a blessing to us because the house is across the street from the only people who LOVE them enough to show them the truth in the bible...

And that truth apparently is God hates Sodomites

Who has that Catapult facepalm picture... I think that applies here...

Omg.... what a world we live in

ww w.thestar.com
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 20-3-2013 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 05:45 PM
link   
I saw this this morning and knew today was going to be a good day. Made me laugh pretty hard. It would be even better if they could convince the neighbors to do the same. Or maybe every house could have a different theme. One house painted with the Star of David, another with the evolution diagram of the monkey turning into a human and so on.

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 05:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

What a fantastic story, the faster these archaic, disgusting sinners (the WBC) learn that they are not doing anything and are a completely pointless group the better.
They're all going to hell for the judging they do and for the grief and misery they cause.
For a religious group, they sin literally more than anyone on the planet.

Irony?

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 06:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

I find it interesting that they are attempting to insult the people at that or any Bible based church with a rainbow. To Christians and several other faiths based on Bible scripture, a rainbow is a promise from God that he would not deluge the earth again with water:

Genesis 9:8-16
English Standard Version (ESV)
8 Then God said to Noah and to his sons with him, 9 “Behold, I establish my covenant with you and your offspring after you, 10 and with every living creature that is with you, the birds, the livestock, and every beast of the earth with you, as many as came out of the ark; it is for every beast of the earth. 11 I establish my covenant with you, that never again shall all flesh be cut off by the waters of the flood, and never again shall there be a flood to destroy the earth.” 12 And God said, “This is the sign of the covenant that I make between me and you and every living creature that is with you, for all future generations: 13 I have set my bow in the cloud, and it shall be a sign of the covenant between me and the earth. 14 When I bring clouds over the earth and the bow is seen in the clouds, 15 I will remember my covenant that is between me and you and every living creature of all flesh. And the waters shall never again become a flood to destroy all flesh. 16 When the bow is in the clouds, I will see it and remember the everlasting covenant between God and every living creature of all flesh that is on the earth.”

taken from www.biblegateway.com...

So the rainbow symbolism will, most likely, not offend Christians, even if they are from Westboro Baptist.

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 06:10 PM
link   
"God hates you because he loves you!"

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 06:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Opportunia

So the rainbow symbolism will, most likely, not offend Christians, even if they are from Westboro Baptist.

I don't think its the rainbow that they will have issues with...

More like the people living within said rainbow...

Who wants to bet the WBC will make the first assault?

Anyone?

edit on 20-3-2013 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 06:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

I hope hes got a good fire extinguisher.

Seriously though, its about time these nuts started to have things go wrong. Didnt one of the elder daughters leave a short while ago? There was a big thread about it.

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 06:24 PM
link   
Lol, that is awesome.
Although, it's a bit pointless, they are feeding the proverbial troll...
The best thing to do with morons is ignore them, so...

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 06:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by drakus
Lol, that is awesome.

True...

Though honestly... would you be able to ignore someone picketing a loved ones funeral?

:shk:

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 06:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

I dont think ignoring them would work. These people are hardcore, and completely mental.

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 06:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Akragon

Originally posted by drakus
Lol, that is awesome.

True...

Though honestly... would you be able to ignore someone picketing a loved ones funeral?

:shk:

Not at all, but in that case I would be affected in a more personal and emotional way. I would probably start throwing stuff at them. (as in punches and flying kicks a la Street Fighter)

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 06:43 PM
link   
reply to post by drakus

Dude... I preach love thy neighbour and that's all...

but I would RAGE!!!

I don't think I could help it...

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 06:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by stargatetravels
reply to post by Akragon

What a fantastic story, the faster these archaic, disgusting sinners (the WBC) learn that they are not doing anything and are a completely pointless group the better.
They're all going to hell for the judging they do and for the grief and misery they cause.
For a religious group, they sin literally more than anyone on the planet.

Irony?

I think the irony is the fact that you had to use wbc in quotation marks to let everyone know who you were talking about. If in the end these two groups end up in different places then why is it so hard for humanity to decide who is right and wrong now?

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 10:25 PM
link   
However clever, stinging, or flamboyant the house is, no matter how much of a slap in the face, it was done by a group called "Planting Peace." "Planting Peace?"

Sorry, it looks like we need two facepalm pictures.

top topics

join