It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Surviving War In North Korea

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 05:23 PM
link   
Let me start by saying I hope to high heaven that no war breaks out over North Korea. I am watching events with trepedation.

If however the worst comes to the worse and North Korea has a major hissy fissy and fires their rockets or God forbid lets off a nuke, and in response they get carpet bombed or nuked in return, who would survive? Certaintly not the North Korean people. They would be toast. But what I had in mind was the scumbag leadership elite and of course Mr Un himself. Surely they must have underground bunkers? So if they survive, then surely and regretabbly they would be free to unleash more carnage.

Thoughts anyone?

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 05:36 PM
link   
If the majority of NK people died, would it matter if the "leaders" survive? Who would be left to be "lead"? It's akin to how our "Government" has the backup plan that if they can't take our guns away, they will make sure we don't have any ammunition to feed the guns. The nuke plan is the same. If the NK leaders initiate an attack, take away the people and make sure there is nobody to follow the orders of the leaders who started the fight.

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 05:43 PM
link   
There is really only one actual city in North Korea. That being Pyongyang. That is where all the upper class families in NK live. The ones in the favored class. The ones connected with the government and military.

The rest of NK is basically small villages, and shanty towns. That is where the actual victims of NK live

So, a single nuke, or a group of nukes right on top of Pyongyang would take out 99% of the people that are in a position of control.

You would also target the enrichment and weapons production facilities. Possibly nuke strikes on weapons depots.

The actual number of “innocent” NK citizens killed would probably be very little.

Remember that most of the tactical nukes like the B52 carry are “dial a nukes” aka “variable yield”. Their final yield can be dialed to a desired level on demand. If they have to strike a location close to innocent civilians, or friendly forces, they can dial down the yield to keep the destruction zone confined, and away from friendly/innocent people.

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 05:46 PM
link   
if north korea fires a nuke anywhere either south korea, japan or us, the misile will be shot down before it even leaves nk airspace. The us woul then send in b2 stealth bombers to turn every military site within nk into ash. Job done.

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 05:50 PM
link   
It's rumored that NK has a lot of tunnel systems underground, possibly even reaching Seoul.. They've had 60 years to figure it out, so it's not out of the question that the entire populace could hide underground in the event of a nuclear strike IMO. Also, perhaps this would be their method of delivery to Seoul as well..
edit on 20-3-2013 by Wookiep because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 05:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Wirral Bagpuss

well not that its a stellar source or anything more of a brain fart really but i remember from reading world war z(the zombie book spoiler warning)

that the north Koreans were one of the last countries in the book to have the world having no idea what happened to them due to allegedly having all fled to an underground network of hollowed out caves and mountains and bunkers.

so i would assume you are correct op that knowing what their enemies have that they have probably got quite the extensive network of bunkers and whatnot....dont know if they are for their civilians or just their military and higher ups. if they did anything like what the Swiss have done in their territory over the years it could vastly complicate matters of invasion and that is something i had not even considered for a ground invasion star and flag op

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 05:56 PM
link   
All I hope is that the U.S. and South Korea try their best to keep from harming the innocent citizens. Those people need help escaping from the lunatic leader of theirs, they don't need us bombing them and their families. These people can't even dream of living the life of a South Korean or American, they deserve to have a chance at something better, and a good meal as well.

A war with NK would not only be about SK's or JP's safety, but a new beginning for the people of North Korea.

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 05:58 PM
link   
today's newspaper in Vancouver had a headline saying;

"Is Vancouver in his sights? BC could be in the line of fire in "MISSILE WAR"

picture of Kim-Jong Un under it.

The article then goes on to say Canada does not have anti-missile technology and that we rely heavily on American defence initiatives in the hope they will hit it for us citing that they didn't want to embolden their enemies by placing superior technology on our soil.

"There is a small developing threat from NK but they don't have the capacity to reach North America"

THEN WTF WAS THE POINT OF THE ARTICLE?

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 06:02 PM
link   
North Korea has EMP capabilities, don't be concerned with nuclear warfare, but rather that instead. If they launched an EMP and it made its way far enough to be over America, then that would be the end to life as we know it. Unlikely scenario though. However, I do feel we are on the verge of WW3.

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 06:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wookiep
It's rumored that NK has a lot of tunnel systems underground, possibly even reaching Seoul.. They've had 60 years to figure it out, so it's not out of the question that the entire populace could hide underground in the event of a nuclear strike IMO. Also, perhaps this would be their method of delivery to Seoul as well..
edit on 20-3-2013 by Wookiep because: (no reason given)

That's also what I've been reading about.
Plus for decades they had drills ready for some Western superpower to hit them - so it is fairly conceivable that those tunnels would prevent a major population loss - and if they decide to do something stupid, they would signal for everyone to go underground - except for their folks in concentration camps.

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 06:04 PM
link   
Think of Tora Bora... How much luck did Bush have there?
I would say they are ready.
Which is scary.

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 06:33 PM
link   
If Nth Korea attack you can bet they will not stay in Nth Korea
They will be invading the South.

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 06:38 PM
link   
reply to post by yourmaker

People just blow gas for the hell of it these days.. Its like saying fish have declared war on seagulls yet they haven't worked out how to grow wings just yet..

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 06:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by DarknStormy
reply to post by yourmaker

fish have declared war on seagulls

PMSL!!! I'd love to see that happen where I live as our local seagulls are about the same size as a King Charles Spaniel, so it would be a sight to behold!

Back on topic. I'm getting a bit sick of North Korea and it's empty threats and believe that someone should nuke them just to shut them up.

Rev

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 07:52 AM
link   
If war broke out a barrage of shelling on Seoul would begin immediately. About 500,000 shells an hour according to one estimate I read. So even if Pyongyang was nuked those artillery sites must be taken out very quickly otherwise many many people in the south would die.

No matter what happens IF a war breaks out on the Korean peninsula it will be tragic. Many innocent people will suffer on both sides. It's a shame that human beings place so little importance and value on the life of human beings. Maybe one day the world will learn.
edit on 3/21/13 by SherlockH because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join